Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

An option to add to existing infantry formations motorized/mechanized counterpart

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> An option to add to existing infantry formations motorized/mechanized counterpart Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
An option to add to existing infantry formations motori... - 6/12/2021 10:13:34 PM   
WiZz

I think it would be nice to have a possibility to upgrade old inf battalions and make them more mobile.
Post #: 1
RE: An option to add to existing infantry formations mo... - 6/12/2021 10:52:34 PM   
BlueTemplar

But you can *already* do it ?

(in reply to WiZz)
Post #: 2
RE: An option to add to existing infantry formations mo... - 6/12/2021 11:19:18 PM   
Moat_Man

1) Click on your unit to select it
2) On the right bar, order layer (see manual page 57) click on the Unit Admin button.
3) On the Unit Administration screen (see manual page 67) click on the Upgrade button at the top
4) Click on the formation type you want to upgrade to. Probably Indepentant Motorized Infantry Battalion, or Independant Mechanized Infantry Battalion

The unit name will now be changed to something like 1st Independant Motorized (or Mechanized) Infantry Battalion but the truck won't be part of it yet. You either need to build the trucks with the SHQ Repl. Troops button and wait for them to be distributed through logistics, or you can get the trucks right away by keeping the unit selected and:
1) Click on the Repl. Troops button at the bottom of the Order Bar for that unit
2) On the Produce Replacement Troops screen you will see 0/100 under Motorized Transport on the right.
3) Click on Motorized Transport to highlight it.
4) Click on Green Bus (or the name of your motorized unit)
5) on the Produce: Green Bus page move the slider to the right to get 10x Green Bus units for a Battalion (or the # you need for larger formations)
6) Click on the Produce button

You should now have the trucks as part of the unit.

(in reply to WiZz)
Post #: 3
RE: An option to add to existing infantry formations mo... - 6/13/2021 8:29:17 AM   
WiZz

Thank you, guys!

(in reply to Moat_Man)
Post #: 4
RE: An option to add to existing infantry formations mo... - 6/15/2021 11:06:54 PM   
zgrssd

Note that the upgrade/downgrade links are a bit of a handcrafted mess and some might be missing.
You may have to go over a neutral formation (like down to light Infantry) before you get all upgrade paths.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/15/2021 11:07:16 PM >

(in reply to WiZz)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> An option to add to existing infantry formations motorized/mechanized counterpart Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI