Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed to work this way?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed to work this way? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed to w... - 6/8/2021 11:14:45 PM   
alexvand

So, I just liberated France. (It had been completely conquered by the Axis) Took Paris with a combined CW and US force. But didn't pay attention to who took the hex. The US took the hex. The Us liberated PAris. Now all the CW units are subject to foreign commitment rules and the planes I have in France can't land after they take off.

Is this implemented correctly?

If I had been paying closer attention could I have used a CW unit to take Paris and it would have been fine, or would the US ended up subject to the Foreign commitment rules?

< Message edited by alexvand -- 6/8/2021 11:19:54 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/8/2021 11:39:23 PM   
paulderynck

No it is not implemented correctly because undoubtedly some hexes in France were taken by the CW and could have been reverted when France was liberated, thus gaining the ability to cooperate.

In theory the CW would not cooperate with liberated France if Free France never occurred, which sounds like the case here. But as stated, it's hard to imagine that the CW never took back any French home country hexes that it could revert upon liberation - and that is a condition that allows cooperation between the CW and liberated France (according to the WiFFE rules at least).

And even if FTC did apply to the CW planes, again the rules state that is not so if they started the impulse that way.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 6/8/2021 11:40:04 PM >

Paul

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 2
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 1:49:42 AM   
alexvand

There were CW controlled hexes in France but the game never asked for the CW to return them.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 3
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 1:54:47 AM   
alexvand

I just went back and reloaded at the conquest phase. Then when liberation comes the CW never gets a chance to return French territory the game immediately moves on to the liberation of Spain. I've sent a save game to MADExcept email account.

Anyone know how to hack a save game so that the CW can cooperate? I have no save games that I can roll back far enough to.

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 4
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 2:48:40 AM   
paulderynck

Do you have a save game from the attack on Paris where you can advance a CW unit?

Paul

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 5
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 9:50:36 AM   
alexvand

Unfortunately no. I had multiple impulses after Paris and so every autosave was replaced. I have a save that goes back an entire turn, but that's not ideal.

Post #: 6
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 2:23:27 PM   
Centuur

Perhaps I can change the hex ownership just before the conquest phase. For that I need a gamesave from the production phase after you have build your units for the last major power (but don't end the phase). Using beta testers debug tools, I should be able to change the ownership of the Paris hex to the CW. That should do the trick.

No guarantee, but worth trying.

< Message edited by Centuur -- 6/9/2021 2:24:58 PM >

Peter

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 7
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 2:30:42 PM   
alexvand

I put a copy of the conquest phase here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lK1Yp7hb1WyvzTr3LxlLRqH9k6dE3Vhc/view?usp=sharing

Then I'll give it a try if the hex is CW.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 8
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 4:21:18 PM   
Centuur

I can't download this. Can you zip the file and upload it here as an attachment?

Peter

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 9
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 5:57:30 PM   
alexvand

Here you go!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 10
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 7:12:16 PM   
paulderynck

I played around with this file and I think it can't be fixed with it because the game proceeds to the conquest phase right away and there's no opportunity to change the hex control for Paris. Do you have a slightly earlier save than this one?

Also I noticed Spain could be liberated by the CW and when done, the question comes up for the US to return territory but not vice versa for France, so maybe the CW never did take any hexes in France? If so, the game is correct on the cooperation issue but not doing FTC properly as noted earlier concerning flying CW air missions out of France.

Paul

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 11
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 9:07:53 PM   
alexvand

I do have an earlier file. I'll get it, but there are definitely CW hexes in France and the game never asks for the CW to return them.

Post #: 12
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/9/2021 9:12:57 PM   
alexvand

Here is an earlier save.

Thanks so much for helping!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 13
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/10/2021 2:36:45 AM   
paulderynck

Here it is with Paris controlled by the CW, but I did not go all the way through to the Conquest phase because seems like there were too many decisions needed from someone who has not been involved in the game up to now.

Good luck - hope it works.

Attachment (1)

Paul

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 14
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/10/2021 3:26:16 PM   
alexvand

Well, I tried it and the CW liberated France, but there is still no Cooperation between the French and the CW.

Post #: 15
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/10/2021 9:52:45 PM   
paulderynck

That leaves trying to edit the game file. There's a thread in mods about that but I don't know if it covers cooperation.

Paul

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 16
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/11/2021 10:40:11 AM   
ViktorKormel

This is a bug, I had the same issue in my last game, in fact, CW liberated France and never could cooperate with France...

What if if what if

Post #: 17
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/11/2021 5:26:34 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

That leaves trying to edit the game file. There's a thread in mods about that but I don't know if it covers cooperation.

I have a suggestion. Go back to version 3.2.0 through the liberation phase and the start of next turn. See if that works. If it does then go back to the latest version (4.2.0 beta) and see if the fix holds.

P.S. I would have tried that myself but the above game file is at the final production stage and as Paul stated above there's too many decision that needs/should be made by person, or persons, playing the game.

Ronnie

Post #: 18
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/12/2021 3:27:25 PM   
alexvand

I think I'll just wait for the update that fixes this bug. (Hopefully already being worked on if I'm not the only one reporting it.)

I'd rather not uninstall and reinstall.

I can play other games while I wait. Empires in Arms has some new updates to check out.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 19
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/12/2021 7:43:41 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: alexvand

I think I'll just wait for the update that fixes this bug. (Hopefully already being worked on if I'm not the only one reporting it.)

I'd rather not uninstall and reinstall.

I can play other games while I wait. Empires in Arms has some new updates to check out.

You don't need to uninstall and reinstall. Actually it's quite simple to be able to run pervious versions (back to 3.0.1) with the latest 4.2.2 (beta) install. For example, all you have to do is rename a copy of the 3.2.0 MWiF executable (e.g., 3.2.0.0.MWiF.exe), place it in the Matrix Games, World in Flames folder along with your current MWiF.exe file, create a desktop shortcut to 3.2.0.0.MWiF.exe and run that version from the shortcut. You can go back and run your latest version installed (e.g., 4.2.2 (debug) by clicking on your Quick Start button or however you normally run it.

The only caveat is that you'll need to edit the version in your game file to 3.2.0 if you wish to run it through that version.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 6/12/2021 7:48:26 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 20
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/18/2021 1:26:02 PM   
alexvand

That's doable. Where's the best place to find the 3.2.0 executable?

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 21
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/18/2021 5:58:46 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: alexvand

That's doable. Where's the best place to find the 3.2.0 executable?

It's still available in a hot patch: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4865415

If you're running a later version (e.g., 4.2) all you need is the executable and not the data update, which is already updated by your later version.

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 6/18/2021 6:06:54 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 22
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/18/2021 10:13:51 PM   
alexvand

No luck. I ran through the liberation sequence with 3.2 and the CW did not get to cooperate afterwards.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 23
RE: Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed ... - 6/19/2021 2:55:13 PM   
ViktorKormel

Like I said is a bug, a very old bug, no matter the version.

What if if what if

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Liberating France, is this a bug or is it supposed to work this way? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI