Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor Update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Editor Update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor Update - 5/27/2021 3:19:25 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

Team, it has been 2 months since you released the game, when do you think you will release a fix so that we can edit ALL the variables/parameters within the game?
Post #: 1
RE: Editor Update - 5/27/2021 4:06:00 PM   
Bamilus

They're trying to release the next patch ASAP, to my knowledge. I think once they get a lot of bugs cleared up they'll have time to move to that.

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to oldMarinePanzer)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor Update - 5/27/2021 6:55:31 PM   
Joel Billings

The priorities have been:

1) Major bug fixes (as they come up)
2) In-game scaling
3) Editor
4) Lower priority bug fixes

The in-game scaling work should reach testers within the next week or so. Once this is done the editor will become the next priority.

As far as editing all parameters, are you talking about being able to lock the generic data in the scenarios? That's one of the higher priority items on our list of editor changes/improvements. Pavel, the programmer that will be making the editor changes is the person making the in-game scaling changes. Once we can get past the in-game scaling things should start happening on the editor. Some of that work is important to us internally for our work on expansion scenarios.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 3
RE: Editor Update - 5/27/2021 11:08:55 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

I encountered the "problem" of not be able to edit the "Aircraft" tab. the "Edit Air Profiles" data.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: Editor Update - 5/27/2021 11:36:27 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

Also, will you be expanding the "Air Operational Group" file to hold more AOGs, 475 is WAY too small ...

Post #: 5
RE: Editor Update - 6/22/2021 1:25:45 AM   
oldMarinePanzer

WitE2 Team, any update on the editor expansion fix? It's been a month, maybe you can give us a "guesstimate" as to when you might start working on it?

Post #: 6
RE: Editor Update - 6/22/2021 7:12:01 AM   
rob89

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldMarinePanzer

WitE2 Team, any update on the editor expansion fix? It's been a month, maybe you can give us a "guesstimate" as to when you might start working on it?

make a backup of the gendata and then upload, edit and save it. You can edit pretty much anything and make your own mod ...

Post #: 7
RE: Editor Update - 6/22/2021 2:16:26 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

Thanks "rob89" for your response but NO, everything is not available for editing. We can't modify the factories yet and the AOGs can only get edited via the screen, no .csv file availability. Joel Billings answered before, looking for an update from him or the development team.

(in reply to rob89)
Post #: 8
RE: Editor Update - 6/22/2021 2:34:34 PM   
loki100

quote:

Thanks "rob89" for your response but NO, everything is not available for editing. We can't modify the factories yet and the AOGs can only get edited via the screen, no .csv file availability. Joel Billings answered before, looking for an update from him or the development team.

since the patch with item #2 on the list is currently being worked on I think its a reasonable guess that priority isn't yet on the editor - even if it is important to open up properly?

fortunately there aren't many bugs but those that are need to be sorted as they can badly affect the game in certain situations

Post #: 9
RE: Editor Update - 6/22/2021 3:11:58 PM   
rob89

quote:

Yes, you can modify factories, via screen : add, remove, change model of AFV / AC, and change the values for every type of the other resources.

It's boring and time consuming but it works. I've done for my scenario.

There are other parameters that now we can modify only via screen (AOGs, national values, VPs etc), but it works, obviously only for ONE scenario ... and with the back-up of original files for all others.

regards

Post #: 10
RE: Editor Update - 6/23/2021 1:50:23 AM   
oldMarinePanzer

Once again I disagree rob89, I just went into the 3rd locations slot, the German city Hamburg, and added additional armaments production, saved the scenario and closed out of the game. Then I opened the game and went back into the scenario and my changes did not save.

(in reply to rob89)
Post #: 11
RE: Editor Update - 6/23/2021 2:52:10 AM   
Joel Billings

IIRC, this has to do with generic versus non-generic data. Getting the ability to lock your generic data changes in a modded scenario is something that is high on our list. We hoped to get to it in June, but no such luck. I don't have an ETA as there are still some important items that are ahead of it. Wish I had better news to report, but we are trying to get our current batch of changes out before the end of this month.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Post #: 12
RE: Editor Update - 6/23/2021 4:56:29 AM   
rob89

quote:

Once again I disagree rob89, I just went into the 3rd locations slot, the German city Hamburg, and added additional armaments production, saved the scenario and closed out of the game. Then I opened the game and went back into the scenario and my changes did not save.

You have to add/change/remove data in the city slots in the GenData and then save the same GenData files, and not directly in your Scenario.

Then, opening your scenario (backed by modded Gendata) you will find the city slots modified...

Post #: 13
RE: Editor Update - 6/23/2021 12:48:21 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

Joel Billings, thanks for your response, I look forward to it.

rob89 - I opened the generic editor, I went to locations, went to Hamburg, the 3rd German city, added 10 armaments into the 4th and 5th slots, went to the Main tab, selected cities and saved my changes, made note of the fact that the last column "edited" date changed to today's date when I JUST made this change. I closed out of the game and re-opened it and looked in the Locations tab and went to the 3rd slot, the German city Hamburg, and the 4th and 5th slots for that city are empty. You are saying that when you do this exact same thing your changes are saved?

(in reply to rob89)
Post #: 14
RE: Editor Update - 6/23/2021 1:11:55 PM   
RedLancer

Factories are not saved in the cities data. It is in factories. You have to check the correct box before you save.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

Post #: 15
RE: Editor Update - 6/23/2021 2:57:27 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

Got it! I guess when the editor functionality gets fully released maybe there will be the usual editing documentation to go with it, maybe others and not just me will need that :-)

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Editor Update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI