Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Weapons] vs [Armor] gameplay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> [Weapons] vs [Armor] gameplay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Weapons] vs [Armor] gameplay - 6/24/2021 8:44:01 PM   
Pymous

Hello,

Just some ideas that could improve gameplay / players choice/decisions
An example with weapon vs armor Resistance (Image Below)

[Mod]Shadow Stratagems Artpack for Shadow Empire game.
Post #: 1
RE: [Weapons] vs [Armor] gameplay - 6/24/2021 9:49:53 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

This is supposed to be read as "weapon effect against armor type" like the first table, not "armor effect against weapon", right? Making RPGs trash against polymer tanks seems like a bad call - anti-tank guns are too overpriced to be an effective counter to tanks in general situations, so that would just further reinforce the current midgame armor dominance (they also dominate the early game, but at least ramping up RPG effect against steel armor might help somewhat against that).

(in reply to Pymous)
Post #: 2
RE: [Weapons] vs [Armor] gameplay - 6/25/2021 3:09:35 PM   
Pymous

Yes it is supposed to be read like the initial table [Weapon] vs [armor] effect
But the idea here is not to focus on the value I propose (very different from vanilla), but to ask a question: Would it be more fun to have some variety in the weapon choice/effect vs Armors ?
That's also why I didn't specified any value, just some "relative information"

[Mod]Shadow Stratagems Artpack for Shadow Empire game.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: [Weapons] vs [Armor] gameplay - 6/27/2021 8:46:13 AM   
Zanotirn

I think it would make sense if there were more different lines of weaponry, then it could add an additional dimension of using scouting to counter what the enemy has (a la Endless Space 2, Stellaris or Distant Worlds) - though at the moment spying is too easy and cannot be countered. At present though your choice of weapon type is largely determined by the unit "platform" and tech tier. If switching your infantry to laser would make them suddenly suck against metal, it wouldn't really be fun. At the moment the game seems to deliberately make your first tech tier upgrade to be a straightforward one and only adds more nuance on whether you should switch to end-game ones (since they tend to underperform against basic tech, though sheer stats increase tends to compensate for it). I think it was the right call in the current circumstances, though the system can definitely be made more interesting if more weapon types are ever added, which is questionable given the tech tree starts from WWII and cold war era and there weren't any more widespread weapon types then (maybe fire, but it was very niche).

There could be perhaps room for minor tweaks, (e.g. make hollow 125% vs polymer)

(in reply to Pymous)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> [Weapons] vs [Armor] gameplay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI