Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[can't replicate but likely fixed in 1.01.00] Pz div appear on island near Archangelsk

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> [can't replicate but likely fixed in 1.01.00] Pz div appear on island near Archangelsk Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[can't replicate but likely fixed in 1.01.00] Pz div ap... - 6/29/2021 6:32:27 PM   
PatSpe

This division showed up on an island on turn 27. I'm playing soviet vs ai.
11pz on hex 199,57, which also contains a level 2 airfield.
(sorry, can't attach pictures yet.)

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 6/30/2021 6:59:42 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Pz div appear on island near Archangelsk - 6/29/2021 9:37:02 PM   
Joel Billings

That doesn't sound good. Which version are you playing? To get to the bottom of this, we really could use some saves, ideally one right before the unit first appeared on the island and one right after. Assuming the German Ai moved it there, the autosave at the start of the German turn when it moved to the island would be best. Then the first save after this where you first saw it on the island. If you have those saves, please attach them here if you can or email them to 2by3@2by3games.com. Have you tried replaying the AI's turn from the save to see if the bug can be repeated? If you do let us know the results, and be sure to copy the autosaves for the turn somewhere else before you rerun the turn so you have the original saves when the rerun overwrites the saves.

If your not sure about what saves to send, best to send the first one where you noticed the problem and then any autosaves going back through both prior player-turns. Please share here or in the email any other info you think would be relevant. Thanks for the report.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to PatSpe)
Post #: 2
RE: Pz div appear on island near Archangelsk - 6/30/2021 5:39:53 AM   
PatSpe

The autosaves should be there and I will send them later today.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Pz div appear on island near Archangelsk - 6/30/2021 2:54:00 PM   
PatSpe

Here is the save, it happened during german ai turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PatSpe)
Post #: 4
RE: Pz div appear on island near Archangelsk - 6/30/2021 6:58:53 PM   
Joel Billings

Thanks for the save. I ran it and could not get the bug to recreate using the latest 1.01.00 public beta or 1.00.07 which is what your event log shows you were using. We did have a bug where the AI was warping into isolated enemy hexes which we think is fixed in 1.01.00. I noticed that the hex is isolated as we didn't bother to put a port on the island, so I'm hoping that the bug fix in 1.01.00 will fix what you saw. Have you tried to rerun the turn yourself? You could try that since it didn't repeat for me using 1.00.07 and it's probably something that rarely happens. The German AI will probably miss that panzer division. Thanks again for the report.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to PatSpe)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> [can't replicate but likely fixed in 1.01.00] Pz div appear on island near Archangelsk Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI