Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in Europe vs World at War questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> War in Europe vs World at War questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in Europe vs World at War questions - 6/28/2021 7:07:32 PM   
Lothos

Is there a big difference between the two engines, seems from the patch notes they are identical?

I asked in another thread but if you make a map in one can you bring the map over to the other?
- Got my own answer to this question which is yes they can be with some work

Are the AI abilities the same in both engines, seems from the patch notes they are identical?

< Message edited by Lothos -- 6/28/2021 11:15:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: War in Europe vs World at War questions - 6/28/2021 11:53:35 PM   
Lothos

Ok question, Events etc... have Country IDs (For example 39 is Finland and 45 is Germany)

Can those country IDs be changed? If so how can you change them? I am asking because I imported data from War in Europe to World At War and several of the country IDs got messed up. For example Finland is now Country ID 45 instead of 39 and I wanted to know if there was a way to change that back.

Thank you in advance

(in reply to Lothos)
Post #: 2
RE: War in Europe vs World at War questions - 6/29/2021 7:57:06 AM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lothos

Ok question, Events etc... have Country IDs (For example 39 is Finland and 45 is Germany)

Can those country IDs be changed? If so how can you change them? I am asking because I imported data from War in Europe to World At War and several of the country IDs got messed up. For example Finland is now Country ID 45 instead of 39 and I wanted to know if there was a way to change that back.

Thank you in advance

You can change the name associated with each country ID in the localization.tx file. You need to find it, copy it into the campaign folder, then amend the entries under #COUNTRY_ID_1 and so on.

1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!

(in reply to Lothos)
Post #: 3
RE: War in Europe vs World at War questions - 6/29/2021 9:20:28 AM   
Lothos

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

quote:

Thank you in advance

You can change the name associated with each country ID in the localization.tx file. You need to find it, copy it into the campaign folder, then amend the entries under #COUNTRY_ID_1 and so on.

Sorry I made a mistake, the Country IDs are correct but for some reason the bit map order has complete changed. Is there a way to control the bitmap order?

For Example Germany use to be the image (on their HQ) 45 but now its 23.

Another thing I ran into, how do you make two countries be at war from the start of the game. For some reason Germany and Poland are not at war and trying to figure out how to make them at war.

< Message edited by Lothos -- 6/29/2021 10:41:34 AM >

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 4
RE: War in Europe vs World at War questions - 6/29/2021 12:30:26 PM   
ForzaA

quote:

Another thing I ran into, how do you make two countries be at war from the start of the game. For some reason Germany and Poland are not at war and trying to figure out how to make them at war.

In the Campaign Editor-> Country Data, select either country, and there should be a "Belligerence" item, with a checkbox and a dropdown menu, select the other country in that dropdown, and make sure the checkmark is set.

(in reply to Lothos)
Post #: 5
RE: War in Europe vs World at War questions - 6/29/2021 12:58:56 PM   
Lothos

quote:

ORIGINAL: ForzaA

quote:

In the Campaign Editor-> Country Data, select either country, and there should be a "Belligerence" item, with a checkbox and a dropdown menu, select the other country in that dropdown, and make sure the checkmark is set.

Thanks ForzaA, are you the same ForzaA from the Paradox forums?

Any idea on my other question as to why the bitmap order for all the countries changed when doing an Import of Data into the Editor.

(in reply to ForzaA)
Post #: 6
RE: War in Europe vs World at War questions - 6/29/2021 6:33:39 PM   
ForzaA

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ForzaA

quote:

Thanks ForzaA, are you the same ForzaA from the Paradox forums?

It's a small world, aye :)

quote:

Any idea on my other question as to why the bitmap order for all the countries changed when doing an Import of Data into the Editor.

no idea, unfortunately

(in reply to Lothos)
Post #: 7
RE: War in Europe vs World at War questions - 6/29/2021 6:50:30 PM   
Lothos

Small world, been hoooked on the Strategic Command (between Europe and World I have over 800 hours play time lol) series for some time. Have way to many hours into it and decided to try and mod it. Been messing around with it the last few days and have gotten pretty far. They made it pretty easy with the editor and their directories are for replacing stuff is pretty easy to figure out.

One snag I ran into is I wanted to replace the sound files for some of the units but I noticed the file name appears to be hardcoded in the EXE (unless I am missing something).

< Message edited by Lothos -- 6/29/2021 6:51:20 PM >

(in reply to ForzaA)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> War in Europe vs World at War questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI