Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in Europe Symbol about German Soviet Pact

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> War in Europe Symbol about German Soviet Pact Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in Europe Symbol about German Soviet Pact - 7/1/2021 10:06:09 PM   
Lothos

In one of the latest patches Matrix Games added a Symbol that shows up in Poland that tells you if you have to many units within range of Warsaw to trigger the Russians moving up in joining the war.

I am trying to figure out how the developers created that symbol as I am pretty sure it is using mechanics that are modable.

Does anyone know how to do it?

I found several events in the popup.txt folder and I added them into the scenario as those events are tied to hex MAP_POSITION= 186,74 and added the same symbol (using the editor) on that hex but I cant seem to get it to work.

Anyone know?
Post #: 1
RE: War in Europe Symbol about German Soviet Pact - 7/2/2021 4:37:24 AM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lothos

In one of the latest patches Matrix Games added a Symbol that shows up in Poland that tells you if you have to many units within range of Warsaw to trigger the Russians moving up in joining the war.

I am trying to figure out how the developers created that symbol as I am pretty sure it is using mechanics that are modable.

Does anyone know how to do it?

I found several events in the popup.txt folder and I added them into the scenario as those events are tied to hex MAP_POSITION= 186,74 and added the same symbol (using the editor) on that hex but I cant seem to get it to work.

Anyone know?

They're located in a PNG file called symbols_sprites in the bitmaps folder. I'm sure they would be relatively simple to mod or alter in any graphics program

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lothos)
Post #: 2
RE: War in Europe Symbol about German Soviet Pact - 7/2/2021 7:58:28 AM   
Lothos

I knew about the images. Been trying to figure out how to get it with text showing when you hover the mouse and how they made it appear then disapear. I saw that in either the main game or a mod and was trying to figure out how it was done.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 3
RE: War in Europe Symbol about German Soviet Pact - 7/2/2021 12:31:35 PM   
Platoonist

There is a blue key with a letter "i" in it near the bottom of your screen that activates and deactivates the hot tips you get when you hover your mouse over an item.

< Message edited by Platoonist -- 7/2/2021 12:38:38 PM >

(in reply to Lothos)
Post #: 4
RE: War in Europe Symbol about German Soviet Pact - 7/2/2021 7:30:23 PM   
Lothos

I feel dumb, but your answer was perfect :)

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> War in Europe Symbol about German Soviet Pact Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI