Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Logistics Network Collapse

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Logistics Network Collapse Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logistics Network Collapse - 7/5/2021 3:22:04 AM   
pompack

Playing Stalingrad to Berlin against normal AI as Soviet. Over three turns the entire network collapses for no apparent reason

T51- everything normal
T52- Rail traffic heavy as normal but no unit can entrain for rail movement
T53-All railways green, almost no freight moved on the freight report
T54- same. By now virtually every unit is showing red supply status with almost no freight shown as received on report

Note that no orders were given after T51, just cycling the turns

Attempting to include T51 save, but it has been a while

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Logistics Network Collapse - 7/5/2021 7:05:03 AM   
Joel Billings

Something bad happened to your railyards (in the data). Look at Moscow and notice there are no railyards there. Can you go back through your saves and see when the railyards disappeared? Best would be to find the last save with railyards, and the first save without railyards and then zip them up and attach them. It would really help to pinpoint exactly what phase the problem happened. If you're not sure, send me all the saves you have between the last Soviet turn where you see railyards in Moscow, and the first Soviet save where you don't see any listed.

Unfortunately, you'll need to go back to whenever they went away. We've had at least 2 other reports of ground element data getting corrupted (railyards are a ground element). We haven't been able to pin down when it's happening, but since it's not happening in the AI phases (so far), we think it may be something being done by the player that triggers the bug during their move. The more info we can get the faster we can figure out what's causing it. Thanks.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 2
RE: Logistics Network Collapse - 7/5/2021 2:55:30 PM   
pompack

Joel
Thank you for looking into this personally.
First: Forgot to specify that I am running 1.00.12 Beta
Second: The first corrupted turn is T51, the zip is attached to the post above as Temp 1
Third: The previous turn T50 is attached here as Temp 0

Now this one is going to be hard. I cycled T50 through to T51 B and it did NOT get corrupted. Intermittents suck. I hope this helps. I have archived turns 46-49 as well and can send them if you like

Thank you

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Logistics Network Collapse - 7/5/2021 9:50:05 PM   
Joel Billings

Turn 50 does look ok. Do you have any saves between your Temp 0 and Temp 1 saves? For example, a autosave for German turn 51, or any intermediary saves during the Soviet turn 50? If you have them, it would be very useful to get them.

You're so right about this kind of bug. Thanks for identifying the version number. One of the two prior confirmed cases of ground element corruption happened with 1.00.07 (I think the other was 1.00.11). We're pretty sure it is not happening in our AI vs AI test games, and all we could say from saves from the two prior reports was that it happened during a human player's turn, sometime after the start of air planning and before the very end of their turn. Since in at least one case the AI assist was not being used, we don't think it has to do with the AI.

The odds are decent that you'll be ok if you restart at turn 50. What I would ask is if you continue the game, please save at several points during the turn. That way, if you do run into another problem, we might have a better chance of tracking down when the bug happens during the turn. Thanks.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 4
RE: Logistics Network Collapse - 7/5/2021 10:28:52 PM   
pompack

As to past saves: unfortunately all that I archived was each end-of-turn snapshot. I have restarted from T50 and it is fine through the beginning of T52. I will start saving intermediates.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: Logistics Network Collapse - 7/5/2021 10:32:25 PM   
Speedysteve

Yes I've gotten into the habit of saving each of my games at the start and end of each phase (air and ground) and after each ground phase of north, centre and south is finished for this reason alone!

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 6
RE: Logistics Network Collapse - 7/6/2021 4:01:34 PM   
Joel Billings

Thanks guys. The more eyes we have looking for this and keeping saves the more likely we'll get it.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Logistics Network Collapse Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI