Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Panzer 35(t) numbers mismatch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Data / Map Issues >> Panzer 35(t) numbers mismatch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Panzer 35(t) numbers mismatch - 7/11/2021 2:21:29 PM   
DimDX59

Hello to all gamers.
I played WITE2 several times and I checked number of available at start and later produced tanks for German and Soviet side and I notice several mismatches between number of tank and units presented in game and available at various historic sources for 22 June 1941.

Let's start from Panzer 35(t) tanks number at 22 June 1941.
Production and combat report give 155 ready + 15 in pool Panzer 35(t).
According to Wikipedia there were 149 battle + 11 command tanks at 6th Panzer division, total 160 panzers, but it TOE lists only 155 tanks.

According to the source above, there were total 187 Panzer 35(t) tanks in Wehrmacht, it's approximate 27 tanks in pool, but game only 15 Panzer 35(t) in pool.

I ask to correct this discrepancies with this at next upgrade TOE
1)Increase TOE of Panzer 35(t) in 6th Panzer Division to 160
2)Increase number of Panzer 35(t) in pool to 20 or 27.

I want to write a several additional posts about equipment discrepancies later, if scenarion designer will listen me

< Message edited by DimDX59 -- 7/11/2021 3:40:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Panzer 35(t) numbers mismatch - 7/11/2021 4:40:16 PM   
Great_Ajax

I use Askey for the starting point for all of the equipment. In this case, I did in fact miss the 5 x Pz38(t) that were listed as command vehicles under a different column. So I don't mind changing that.

Production is a different animal. Not every panzer, armored vehicle, machine gun or rifle produced ended up in the front line units. Numerous production quantities ended up in rear area training schools, depots and many were exported to other countries. In short, the production pool is an estimate and will never be 100% correct.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: DimDX59

Hello to all gamers.
I played WITE2 several times and I checked number of available at start and later produced tanks for German and Soviet side and I notice several mismatches between number of tank and units presented in game and available at various historic sources for 22 June 1941.

Let's start from Panzer 35(t) tanks number at 22 June 1941.
Production and combat report give 155 ready + 15 in pool Panzer 35(t).
According to Wikipedia there were 149 battle + 11 command tanks at 6th Panzer division, total 160 panzers, but it TOE lists only 155 tanks.

According to the source above, there were total 187 Panzer 35(t) tanks in Wehrmacht, it's approximate 27 tanks in pool, but game only 15 Panzer 35(t) in pool.

I ask to correct this discrepancies with this at next upgrade TOE
1)Increase TOE of Panzer 35(t) in 6th Panzer Division to 160
2)Increase number of Panzer 35(t) in pool to 20 or 27.

I want to write a several additional posts about equipment discrepancies later, if scenarion designer will listen me

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

(in reply to DimDX59)
Post #: 2
RE: Panzer 35(t) numbers mismatch - 7/11/2021 7:26:41 PM   
Denniss

244 taken over by Wehrmacht,
1 total loss in Poland,
11 total losses in France
26 sold to Bulgaria in early 40
10 more sold to Bulgaria in autumn 40 (afghanistan order, probably included in the 244)

160 are said to be used by 6th Panzer div for Barbarossa, either 155+5 or 149+11 command tanks (depending on source) with another ~50 in storage

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 3
RE: Panzer 35(t) numbers mismatch - 7/13/2021 6:32:59 PM   
DimDX59

5 x Pz38(t) that were listed as command vehicles under a different column, I think it's Panzerbefehlswagen 35(t) (Pz.Bef.Wg.) – Command tanks with radios, this tank was 35(t) with large radio, but without 1 of 2 MG, so these 5 command vehicles were no armless tanks, they were almost as much dangerous as ordinary Panzer 35(t) and can be added to TOE of 6th Panzer accordingly.

Also I think number of Panzer 35(t) in pool can be increased to 36 from 15. Historically only 10 or 15 were used as replacement, but why not use all, 6th can theoretically can get all these if german player sent 6th to West or Reserve or refit at good depot?

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Data / Map Issues >> Panzer 35(t) numbers mismatch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI