Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Reserve Unit Builds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Soviet Reserve Unit Builds Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/10/2021 5:44:45 PM   
Zubnik

I cannot figure out how to combine units to make Corps, Divisions, etc. from the Soviet Reserve or the Commanders Report, what am I missing????
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/10/2021 6:44:08 PM   
M60A3TTS

Shift-b is the new unit build menu. It is also a button on the info screens tab. If you want to build a rifle division from two brigades, that is just the b-key and also a button on the info screen.

You don't do it through the reserve or CR screen.

(in reply to Zubnik)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/10/2021 7:17:28 PM   
Zubnik

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

Shift-b is the new unit build menu. It is also a button on the info screens tab. If you want to build a rifle division from two brigades, that is just the b-key and also a button on the info screen.

OK, thanks, I thought the manual stated that builds were possible in the reserves and CR, so if not possible, do all units need to transfer to the map before being combined?

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/10/2021 8:56:20 PM   
M60A3TTS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zubnik

quote:

OK, thanks, I thought the manual stated that builds were possible in the reserves and CR, so if not possible, do all units need to transfer to the map before being combined?

No. Specifically if you want to build a tank corps that requires two tank brigades, you can use existing brigades from either the ones on map and assigned to the Stavka or use those in the reserves or even create a new brigade. In either case, the corps will be built in the reserves and set to refit. You then have to send it to the map from the reserves. Any new units you build from scratch, such as a rifle division, are automatically built in the reserves. These again will be set to refit and then in later turns you can send these to the map or any other TB for that matter. Now if you want to combine two rifle brigades into a division, they have to both be co-located on the map with at least 1MP available and not in the reserves.

< Message edited by M60A3TTS -- 7/10/2021 9:01:37 PM >

(in reply to Zubnik)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/10/2021 10:16:38 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zubnik

quote:

no, use the rules in 27.5 and specifically this table:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zubnik)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/10/2021 11:09:39 PM   
Zubnik

That is it!!!

TY

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 6
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/11/2021 1:26:01 PM   
sillett

quote:

res two tank brigades, you can use existing brigades from either the ones on map and assigned to the Stavka or use those in the reserves or even create a new brigade. In either case, the corps will be built in the reserves and set to refit. You then have to send it to the map from the reserves. Any new units you bui

Slightly off-topic, but I don't understand how to build new Soviet units. Can you please explain in simple steps? I have read the manual and think I have carried out the instructions, but I am obviously missing something.

Thanks in advance

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 7
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/11/2021 1:37:52 PM   
loki100

do you mean completely new units, then you need to use the build unit screen (27.2.4 of the manual), if how to convert brigades to divisions (then 27.5.4), if how to build combat corps (25.7.5), if how to construct fortified zones then 20.5.1.

Note that not all of this can be done in every turn, esp not T1 of the campaign

(in reply to sillett)
Post #: 8
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/11/2021 2:09:26 PM   
sillett

Hi,

Yes, completely new units. What I am confused by is that I click on a new unit I'd like to build, say a tank corps. It has a couple of tank brigades ticked and a box to build a new unit, but when I tick that box it says no units available. But if I x3 it brings up 3 corps each with 2 brigades, and again when I tick on the 3rd, it say no units available.

So I think, build 3 more tank brigades. It lists new units, but I don't know what to click to initiate the process. If I leave it, do they appear in the pool? I have tried this but always seem to be a brigade short of a new build for a corps, so I don't think the units ever get made - they never show up in the reinforcements timetable.

< Message edited by sillett -- 7/11/2021 2:34:46 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 9
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/11/2021 2:21:08 PM   
loki100

well a tank corps isn't built from 3 tank brigades - see the table in 25.7.5, so its saying if you want one it needs to produce a brigade you don't currently have

(in reply to sillett)
Post #: 10
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/11/2021 2:40:00 PM   
sillett

thanks for pointing that out. How do you actually initiate the build? What is the final button you click? If I just exit the screen, the units don't appear in the reinforcements schedule

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 11
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/11/2021 5:09:56 PM   
loki100

if you have selected 2 existing tank brigades & 1 mot (or asked it to build it for you) then this from the manual is as good an explanation as I can produce (& there is a reason for that )

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sillett)
Post #: 12
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/11/2021 6:02:06 PM   
sillett

Thanks for this. I am evidently missing a step somewhere. So after you have ticked the required brigade units will this tank corps automatically be produced and appear in the reinforcement schedule?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 13
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/12/2021 7:57:43 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillett

Thanks for this. I am evidently missing a step somewhere. So after you have ticked the required brigade units will this tank corps automatically be produced and appear in the reinforcement schedule?

goes into the National reserve next turn with the TOE of its components (& their average morale/element experience). You can complete the refit/training by leaving it in the reserve for a number of turns.

as you've just raised the mot brigade that will have very low experience so the tank corps won't be much use for a while.

(in reply to sillett)
Post #: 14
RE: Soviet Reserve Unit Builds - 7/12/2021 8:05:00 AM   
sillett

Thanks. I now won't be so thin on the ground by 1945!

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Soviet Reserve Unit Builds Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI