Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Noticed new sensor code Cognitive EW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Noticed new sensor code Cognitive EW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Noticed new sensor code Cognitive EW - 7/12/2021 10:08:14 PM   
KnightHawk75

So I noticed the new Cognitive EW sensor code(5002) applied to at present 4 sensors in db3k v489 (new since v488). While I know what the general term refers to I'm wondering has anyone figured out the in-game effects of what this feature flag on the sensor does for the sensor involved if anything yet? ( like say the AN/ASQ-239 Barracuda ESM for example)?

While I'm asking I'm noticed the new CommCapability of Daisy Chain (4000) on the Blackwing UAV Datalink, interesting, wondering if just prep-work or if comm-daisy chaining is actually implemented?

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 7/13/2021 3:56:01 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Noticed new sensor code Cognitive EW - 7/13/2021 12:35:33 AM   
Dragon029

No idea what the in-game effects are meant to be, but 'cognitive EW' is a concept being implemented into new EW suites where if ESM detects a radar of unknown type, the computers running the EW system will try and identify a weakness for that given system. There's a myriad of possible ways that might happen (using a look-up table for waveform characteristics, or an algorithm that performs trial and error, or some form of machine learning, or some mix of all of those), but the idea is that it'll be more effective at jamming generic / unknown radars or radios if given a little time. Theoretically it should also be adaptive so that if a radar operator changes modes, scan patterns, bands, etc the cognitive EW suite would (if deemed necessary) try to find a new solution to the new radar method of operation.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 2
RE: Noticed new sensor code Cognitive EW - 7/13/2021 1:32:35 AM   
thewood1

A few years ago I read (online so take it for what thats worth) that that was the reasoning behind the retiring of the 4-crew EA-6 and replacing it with 2-crew EA-18G. The systems in the 18 were smart enough to not need the extra two techs who spent a lot of their time doing exactly what was described as cognitive EW. They analyzed and developed countermeasures on the fly. At the time, it was considered almost an art form. We'll see how that works out.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to Dragon029)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Noticed new sensor code Cognitive EW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI