Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Separate attacks from same hex

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory >> Tech Support Forum >> Separate attacks from same hex Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Separate attacks from same hex - 7/17/2021 2:26:48 PM   
Bradley62

This may be prohibited in the rules, but when I've tried to break up an attack (stacked same hex) into 2 die rolls for separate attacks, it crashes the game.

< Message edited by Bradley62 -- 7/17/2021 2:29:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Separate attacks from same hex - 7/17/2021 5:17:02 PM   
yobowargames

Hi Bradley62

I tried to recreate this issue without success. Can you give any more details or a screenshot of the setup so I can try to recreate?

Thanks

Lance

YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 2
RE: Separate attacks from same hex - 7/18/2021 5:35:49 AM   
Angiel

If in a hex you have 2 units (A and B) and with unit A and B you shoot at hex x, everything is ok. But if with unit A you shoot at x and THEN with unit B you shoot again at X...... the game crashes.

A short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFkevnSW03M

< Message edited by Angiel -- 7/18/2021 5:54:29 AM >

(in reply to yobowargames)
Post #: 3
RE: Separate attacks from same hex - 7/18/2021 11:30:20 AM   
El_Condoro

I have split the fire of many stacks since the update and not had any issue (and just tried again with no problem). Could it have anything to do with the example being a custom scenario?

(in reply to Angiel)
Post #: 4
RE: Separate attacks from same hex - 7/18/2021 11:54:13 AM   
Angiel

quote:

ORIGINAL: El_Condoro

I have split the fire of many stacks since the update and not had any issue (and just tried again with no problem). Could it have anything to do with the example being a custom scenario?

That's what I thought too.

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 5
RE: Separate attacks from same hex - 7/18/2021 1:23:15 PM   
Bradley62

I'm playing stock scenarios. I was able to split my 2 attacks first try but my second attempt again a crash. My first attack always goes through, it is when I attempt with the remaining 2 units that it crashes. To clarify I'm trying to attack the same units in succession with split attacks 2 die rolls.

< Message edited by Bradley62 -- 7/18/2021 1:29:18 PM >

(in reply to Angiel)
Post #: 6
RE: Separate attacks from same hex - 7/18/2021 4:14:30 PM   
StayAlive

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley62

I'm playing stock scenarios. I was able to split my 2 attacks first try but my second attempt again a crash. My first attack always goes through, it is when I attempt with the remaining 2 units that it crashes. To clarify I'm trying to attack the same units in succession with split attacks 2 die rolls.

Hi Bradley62,

In the board game you're not allowed to split your attack against the same target(s). If units from the same hex are going to attack the same target (hex), they must do so as a combined fire group. They're only allowed to split their attacks against different targets. Just a guess, but if you're attacking the same target it may be causing the crash.

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 7
RE: Separate attacks from same hex - 7/18/2021 7:25:25 PM   
yobowargames

Hi Angiel/Bradley62

I watched the video and the game is doing exactly as it's meant to. I assumed by crash you meant the game stopped and returned to the desktop.

A stack cannot fire at the same target twice, in the same phase, which is what is being shown in the video clip.

YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”

(in reply to StayAlive)
Post #: 8
RE: Separate attacks from same hex - 7/19/2021 3:57:53 AM   
Monkie

I tried to attack the same target in two separate attacks from the same group and it's not crashing the game but I'm unable to continue the turn. I cannot select any other groups at that point and I have to quit the scenario, nothing else is able to be selected at that point. I'm able to target other targets other than the original one and it does show the terrain modifier but clicking does nothing.

Post #: 9
RE: Separate attacks from same hex - 7/19/2021 4:52:21 AM   
Angiel

quote:

ORIGINAL: yobowargames

Hi Angiel/Bradley62

I watched the video and the game is doing exactly as it's meant to. I assumed by crash you meant the game stopped and returned to the desktop.

A stack cannot fire at the same target twice, in the same phase, which is what is being shown in the video clip.

No. If you watch carefully the last sequences of the video I click on the progress arrow impulse but the game is LOCKED, you can not do anything, only return to the home screen.

< Message edited by Angiel -- 7/19/2021 5:25:04 AM >

Post #: 10
RE: Separate attacks from same hex - 7/19/2021 11:28:47 AM   
Monkie

quote:

No. If you watch carefully the last sequences of the video I click on the progress arrow impulse but the game is LOCKED, you can not do anything, only return to the home screen.

This exactly, while it is against the rules to do so it's locking up the game if you try, obviously a bug that needs to be squashed.

(in reply to Angiel)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory >> Tech Support Forum >> Separate attacks from same hex Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI