Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

*sigh* I hate my PC

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> *sigh* I hate my PC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
*sigh* I hate my PC - 9/2/2003 7:32:39 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Some of you may remember my problem of my PC slowing down to unplayable framrate on 3-D games

Well....the problem hasnt gotten any better
And it makes my best system all but unusable for gaming

I have no idea what the problem is and have tried anything and am unable to fix the problem

This problem is really annoying and means I cant play games on this system anymore

Post #: 1
- 9/2/2003 7:39:49 AM   
wodin

PM with detials I will see if I can help.

Not promising anything though!

Wodin

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 2
- 9/2/2003 7:58:12 AM   
Von Rom

[QUOTE=Fallschirmjager]Some of you may remember my problem of my PC slowing down to unplayable framrate on 3-D games

I have no idea what the problem is and have tried anything and am unable to fix the problem

This problem is really annoying and means I cant play games on this system anymore[/QUOTE]

Fallschirmjager:

I feel your pain.

A few years ago I was having real problems with my PC. It would crash; I would get the blue screen of death, etc.

I kept having to take it back to the shop where I had it made, but all their efforts seemed to come to naught.

I was one frustrated gamer :mad:

Then one weekend my PC started acting up again, I called the shop, but they said it would be several days before they could see my computer.

So, left with no choice I decided to format my hard drive myself (and we are talking about a real PC novice), then re-install all my hard ware piece by piece.

Well, it took me an entire day. And you know something? I haven't had a problem with my PC since then. That was 3 years ago, and I still have the same PC - a WIN '98, PII 350 (ya, I know, don't laugh).

So, for 3 years I have had a problem-free PC. I haven't formatted my hard drive for 3 years. All I do once a week is run spybot, scan disk, and defrag.

So there is hope. And it may be just around the corner. . .

Cheers!

Post #: 3
- 9/2/2003 4:41:27 PM   
Pawlock

[QUOTE=Fallschirmjager]Some of you may remember my problem of my PC slowing down to unplayable framrate on 3-D games

This problem is really annoying and means I cant play games on this system anymore[/QUOTE]

Try downloading some of the speed tests and benchmarking programmes for your PC to compare with others.

I had this problem on my old PC and the tests showed a poor hard disk performance.

I sold my PC not long after to a freind cheap (he knew all the probs) not long after the hard disk went completely.

If your hard disk aint working properly this will definatly slow your system down. A lot of people forget to look there, but it may be worth a shot.

Post #: 4
- 9/2/2003 4:41:26 PM   
Pawlock

Try downloading some of the speed tests and benchmarking programmes for your PC to compare with others.

I had this problem on my old PC and the tests showed a poor hard disk performance.

I sold my PC not long after to a freind cheap (he knew all the probs) not long after the hard disk went completely.

If your hard disk aint working properly this will definatly slow your system down. A lot of people forget to look there, but it may be worth a shot.

Post #: 5
- 9/2/2003 5:17:09 PM   
Raindog101

It's probably the CPU. You need to upgrade every 3 years, to play the latest 3D games.

At Best Buy you can get a PC that will play any game on the market today for a paltry $800.00. If it breaks, just throw it away and go buy another one.

You are going to need a new PC to play "Call of Duty"

That demo is truly amazing.

Post #: 6
Try This - 9/3/2003 1:54:27 AM   
chief

Falls>>>>>Before I do anything I go here and post my question on the appropriate forum http://discussions.virtualdr.com/ its kept me on the air for quite a while and has cured lots of problems. Its free and usually fast, in fact your problem may already be answered. Good luck guy. :) :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> *sigh* I hate my PC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote