Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help - Paradrop Mission

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Help - Paradrop Mission Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help - Paradrop Mission - 7/24/2021 11:23:33 AM   
mikerohan

Hi,

could anybody explain me what am I doing wrong?

The manual (page 203) talks about "direct cargo" and "mothership cargo", although there is a sentence that is not finished : "Mothership Cargo missions are" [??]

I have a loaded plane (10 ALS Pathfinders #1) that is already airborne, so I assigned it to what I wanted to be a "direct cargo": go & paradrop.

But as you can see in the picture, I get what it looks like a "mothership cargo. The cargo items that I see under the mission are those in the HomeBase of the plane, not what the plane is carrying (as shown just above the mission window)

I want to paradrop what the plane is carrying, but I do not find a way to do it...

Thanks!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Help - Paradrop Mission - 7/24/2021 7:13:52 PM   
mikerohan

Meanwhile, while I try to figure out how to use the "mission system" I decided to go with a manual paradrop.

10 ALS Pathfinders #1 in position -> Unit Orders -> Unload Cargo... and I get an "unable to unload cargo here"

(I have tried with several altitudes just in case )

So I must be missing something

The troops are "paradrop capable" and as far as I know the plane is able to "drop them".

Any ideas? thanks!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mikerohan)
Post #: 2
RE: Help - Paradrop Mission - 7/25/2021 1:38:07 AM   
michaelm75au

The G-222a loadout is not correct for 'paradrop' operation.
The current loadout is 'Rangers x12'. If you look that up on the DB viewer for the a/c, it shows the loadout's cargo as personnel, not 'paradrop'. Thus it acts a troop transport from a/f to a/f.
The correct loadout for paradrop would be 'Paratroops x36' which shows cargo as 'paradrop capable'.
[Confirmed by creating another a/c with the correct loadout, and same cargo. This was unloaded while in flight.]

Michael

(in reply to mikerohan)
Post #: 3
RE: Help - Paradrop Mission - 7/25/2021 11:47:10 AM   
mikerohan

Great!

that makes sense! I guess you are referring to what I have labelled as "A".

I clicked on "Rangers" and saw what I have labelled as "B" and I thought that was enough.

Going to see if it is also affecting the "mission".

Cheers!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 4
RE: Help - Paradrop Mission - 7/25/2021 2:11:13 PM   
mikerohan

OK!

Changed the loadout to 36xParatroopers. Now the "manual paradrop" works

Changed the loadout to 36xParatroopers. While in the air, assigned to a "cargo mission".
It goes to the drop area and drops everything inside the plane that is paradropable (as with the manual option)

What I do not understand now is the mission panel (see first post). I do not see a difference between "direct cargo" and "mothership cargo". Or let me put it another way: the panel is very oriented towards the "mothership cargo" type. Prepare the plane, load the cargo, get to the destination, unload, repeat. Great!
When going for a "cargo mission" the lower half of the screen is a little bit confusing as it does not show the units inside the "carrier" but it shows you other units that could get loaded at the home base of that "carrier". Just an impression

Ah! and I assume there is no option to assign an already airborne plane to a new mission and ask it to paradrop just half of the cargo

Thanks!

(in reply to mikerohan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Help - Paradrop Mission Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI