Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Militia power expansion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Militia power expansion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Militia power expansion - 7/25/2021 6:11:33 PM   
TheTrooper

Hello fellow players, i've come up with an idea of mine recently. I am a Middle east student and i am currently doing a research on militias in the region. It crossed my mind that Shadow empire is so far the only game i know that has a quasi realistic system for militias. I thought, why should it not be more advanced? I mean, would a good idea if militias were allowed to have some sort of political affiliation in our current political system? This way it would be cool if by angering some factions we would also provoke their military arm and therefore augment the challenge and depth of the game. Think like to these pesky warmongerers in your cabinet that ask you to declare war on every sentient being, wouldn't be cool if by making them unhappy by not declaring war on the whole world, they would turn their militias on you? That would be cool! Of course this would intendo that cities have political allegianciences, parties may have militants and so on. Also militias would still be controllable by you until they do not get mad at you,for example when creating a standing army. Food for thought, though recently studying the Popular mobilization forces in Iraq has given me this idea.
Ciao!
Post #: 1
RE: Militia power expansion - 7/26/2021 7:52:09 AM   
zgrssd

This might already be in the game.

One leader is marked as "Militia leader".
Some leaders have militia as profile.
If troops have low morale (to the government), they are likely to side with their leaders if they rebel.

Your ideas does sound a bit like having "party militias" or "private militias"?

Personally I liked Imperator: Romes approach to Loyal troops/tribal retinues and power base a lot:
https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Characters#Power_base
https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Army#Loyalty

The troops becoming loyal to the commander over the state was a constant issue in Romes late Republic to 3rd century crisis. And the game models that well.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/26/2021 7:53:00 AM >

(in reply to TheTrooper)
Post #: 2
RE: Militia power expansion - 7/26/2021 3:11:34 PM   
TheTrooper

Actually, party militias was what i had in mind. We already experience turmoil and therefore militias forming up. Adding a political character to the militias would mean that while you can use them, as your relationship with faction decreases so it increases the possibility for militias belonging to that party to rebel. This means you have loyalist militias as well. It could be interesting. You have a battalion of friendly militia fighting in the frontline big lizards and the next day fighting you.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Militia power expansion - 7/26/2021 6:25:17 PM   
BlueTemplar

Hmm, do we sometimes get a new Militia Leader for the zones that don't have one ?

(Though I guess that the current one is actually Regime-wide ? Still, can we get a replacement ?)

(in reply to TheTrooper)
Post #: 4
RE: Militia power expansion - 7/27/2021 11:44:41 AM   
TheTrooper

Sorry Templar i did not get your post. Btw, given also ethnic compositions of cities it could also be a thing to have ethnic militias.

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 5
RE: Militia power expansion - 7/27/2021 4:05:02 PM   
BlueTemplar

I don't remember if the Militia Leader is per-Zone (but Capital-only, AFAIK) or per-Regime.

quote:

Btw, given also ethnic compositions of cities it could also be a thing to have ethnic militias.

Already in the game.

(in reply to TheTrooper)
Post #: 6
RE: Militia power expansion - 7/27/2021 4:54:29 PM   
zgrssd

"Militia Leader" is a Leader Feat that is thus far unique and applied to one of the starting leaders.
As the militia is being phased out with the real military buildup, he is treated more like a character with relevant legacy.

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Militia power expansion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI