Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/27/2021 11:51:46 AM   
ATENTOKO2

Hello to all,

I have a new question.

In what tipe of port can the ships relode mines?

Thanks a lot,

Andy
Post #: 1
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/27/2021 11:56:30 AM   
12doze12

Section 20.1.2.2 of the manual explains ship rearming at ports

(in reply to ATENTOKO2)
Post #: 2
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/27/2021 12:00:40 PM   
Ian R

In other words, a level 7 port in the absence of nav supports .... but -

Mines are a device. The supply of the device may be limited, eg Dutch sub mines, and sub mines generally. On the other hand, Allied large bombers are very good at aerial mine laying, and the mines are more freely available. I suggest you proceed accordingly.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to 12doze12)
Post #: 3
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/27/2021 12:50:32 PM   
Leandros

You may load mines from AEs...

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 4
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 7:47:36 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leandros

Fred

Not according to the table on page 286 of the manual; has that been changed in a patch?

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 5
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 8:21:07 AM   
Leandros

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

quote:

Fred

Not according to the table on page 286 of the manual; has that been changed in a patch?

I do not know.

Fred
----

Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 6
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 11:47:17 AM   
ATENTOKO2

Hello to all,

Thanks a lot for your advice,

Andy

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 7
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 11:52:34 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

quote:

Fred

The Tenders column has a star for every mine type. I am pretty sure it means the tender has to be of big enough capacity, same as loading BB ammo. The last patch to allow multiple tenders to reload BB Yamato guns may have made it so any AE/AKE tender will now handle large ammo if it has enough supply loaded.
At any rate I have loaded all types of munitions from AEs - shells, bombs for carriers, torps for carriers, PTs and subs, and mines for minelayers and ACMs.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 8
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 7:02:45 PM   
Leandros

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

---and mines for minelayers and ACMs.

Hmm..I am not able to load ACM's from ammo ships..do they possibly need other mine types than the regular minelayers..? That said, the ACM (allieds, anyway) aren't specified as having the capability to carry mines.

Fred
----

< Message edited by Leandros -- 7/28/2021 7:07:43 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 7:26:06 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Hmm..I am not able to load ACM's from ammo ships..do they possibly need other mine types than the regular minelayers..? That said, the ACM (allieds, anyway) aren't specified as having the capability to carry mines.

Fred
----

ACMs carry a small number of mines to do their minefield maintenance. They are normally at large enough bases that the base reloads the ACM as soon as it uses a mine.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 10
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 7:28:47 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

Fred
----

ACMs carry a small number of mines to do their minefield maintenance. They are normally at large enough bases that the base reloads the ACM as soon as it uses a mine.

As far as I recall, the ACMs do not use mines in their maintenance activities but they can carry a small amount to lay a minefield. However, the mines are not part of their normal ammo load as compared to the mine layers.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 11
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 7:32:16 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

Fred
----

As far as I recall, the ACMs do not use mines in their maintenance activities but they can carry a small amount to lay a minefield. However, the mines are not part of their normal ammo load as compared to the mine layers.

I just checked my game to try and get a screenshot of an ACM's mine data - but the ACMs disappeared! Do they automatically convert to a different type during an upgrade or did I convert them and forgot? Could be the latter as I have no need of minefields any more.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 12
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 7:37:58 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

Fred
----

I just checked my game to try and get a screenshot of an ACM's mine data - but the ACMs disappeared! Do they automatically convert to a different type during an upgrade or did I convert them and forgot? Could be the latter as I have no need of minefields any more.

quote:

ACM – Minefield tenders
Minefield Tenders are a special class of ships that reduce the decay rate of minefields at bases [6.6.1.2.2]. The number of mines in a minefield in deep water decays by 33% per day, in shallow water by 5% per day, and in friendly bases with at least a size 1 port by 1% per day [6.6.1.2.1].
Use #1: Reduce defensive minefield decay by disbanding at base.
Use #2: Lay mines (use in Mine Laying TF).
Note: Each ACM can protect (i.e. service and repair) 150 mines from decay [6.6.1.2.2].
Note: Multiple ACMs may be stacked in a base to protect more mines [6.6.1.2.2].
Note: ACMs must be disbanded into a base to protect mines there – ACMs will not protect mines while in a task force at the base [6.6.1.2.2].
Note: When disbanded, ACM are maintaining the current mines and therefore, you do not need to have mines in your device pool or loaded on the ACM [forum Don Bowen, 8/28/2010 and 9/29/2010].
Note: In order for ACMs to work: 1. The port must have fuel. ACM consume fuel in routine mine maintenance and stop maintaining when there is no fuel; and 2. The ACM must be in good shape - if their damage gets above 10% or so, they stand down for maintenance [forum Don Bowen, 8/28/2010 and 9/29/2010].

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2920431

If I recall correctly, the American ACM can convert to a YMS type of vessel.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 13
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 9:12:19 PM   
rustysi

quote:

The last patch to allow multiple tenders to reload BB Yamato guns

I'm not so sure that was intentional. The Dev's (Symon especially) were rather adamant about restricting Yamato main gun ammo.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 14
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 9:21:26 PM   
rustysi

quote:

As far as I recall, the ACMs do not use mines in their maintenance activities

+1

quote:

but they can carry a small amount to lay a minefield. However, the mines are not part of their normal ammo load as compared to the mine layers.

Also +1.

And to get them to load mines they must be part of a mine laying TF that contains regular ML's. AT least as far as I've been able to use them for that purpose. Same goes for other vessels that have a mine capacity, but aren't strictly ML's.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 15
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/28/2021 9:25:24 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Fred

Interesting. Never knew this, and as Japan doesn't have AE's I can't try. Will see if her AKE's of sufficient size will work. That is when I get the opportunity.

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 16
RE: HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES - 7/29/2021 3:37:52 AM   
rustysi

quote:

And to get them to load mines they must be part of a mine laying TF that contains regular ML's.

This is incorrect, I checked. ACM will load mines at any eligible port, as long as the mines are available.

quote:

Same goes for other vessels that have a mine capacity, but aren't strictly ML's.

I'm talking about 'E' vessels here, and this is where I got my thought about loading. I had a converted a ML to an E vessel and it wouldn't load mines until I put it in a TF with other ML's. Or, so I think, now I'll have to go back and check that out when I get the chance.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> HOW AND WHERE TO RELODE MINES Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI