Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Victory Pact Card

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Victory Pact Card Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Victory Pact Card - 5/30/2021 10:32:32 AM   
Mercutio

After a massive tough start, I have made a friendship pact with the Nemesis regime that started on my boarder and blackmailed me constantly. They are at war with the second biggest faction and that faction hates me. However, the Nemesis faction is close to victory and I have no victory pact card to try and play! They are a commercial empire. How do I get one?
Post #: 1
RE: Victory Pact Card - 5/30/2021 5:38:29 PM   
zgrssd

Do you have a Diplomatic Council? Some cards can be generted by the "General Stratagems" task of the Supreme Command Council. But the interesting ones require the proper council.

I guess with "Commercial Empire" you mean the "Corporatists" variant of a Republican Culture?
I do not think they are willing to form Victory Pacts anyway. I think only "Realpolitikers" are.

Each of the 3 Major AI Cultures (Militarist, Republican, Theocratic) has 3 potential ruling Factions. Basically saying how Diplomatic they are. And "Corporatists" should be the neutral ones for Republican Culture.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 5/30/2021 5:40:29 PM >

(in reply to Mercutio)
Post #: 2
RE: Victory Pact Card - 5/30/2021 9:35:24 PM   
Mercutio

Yes, Corporatists.
According to page 192 of the manual
The Realpolitikers and Corporatists are the only AI Factions that are willing
to go as far as to sign a Victory pact with you.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Victory Pact Card - 7/17/2021 1:58:19 AM   
Daza99

Rather than create a new topic about the Victory Pact stratagem, i will ask here.

Is is possible to Victory Pact with more than one Major?

(in reply to Mercutio)
Post #: 4
RE: Victory Pact Card - 7/17/2021 2:04:54 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

For the record, the Victory Pact card can only be generated by the Foreign Affairs Council if you already have a Friendship Pact in your stratagem inventory, which in turn requires a Non-Aggresion Pact, which requires an Open Contact (confirmed by inspecting the debug tables).

< Message edited by Soar_Slitherine -- 7/17/2021 2:05:29 AM >

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 5
RE: Victory Pact Card - 7/29/2021 9:14:34 PM   
Kojusoki

Where can I find info what prerequisites of obtaining stratagems are? like the one above

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 6
RE: Victory Pact Card - 7/29/2021 9:37:50 PM   
Daza99

In game go to: REP > Help > Stratagem Encyclopedia

Also in the manual page 240

< Message edited by Daza99 -- 7/29/2021 9:43:53 PM >

(in reply to Kojusoki)
Post #: 7
RE: Victory Pact Card - 7/29/2021 9:44:56 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

That has info on prerequisite regime feats, but not other prerequisites. To find those, you have to enable debug mode and look them up in the debug tables. Outside of diplomacy, most cards don't have such prerequisites, though. There is some stuff like needing to have the previous tier of spy card before the next tier will generate.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 8
RE: Victory Pact Card - 7/31/2021 2:45:18 PM   
Kojusoki

quote:

ORIGINAL: Soar_Slitherine

That has info on prerequisite regime feats, but not other prerequisites. To find those, you have to enable debug mode and look them up in the debug tables. Outside of diplomacy, most cards don't have such prerequisites, though. There is some stuff like needing to have the previous tier of spy card before the next tier will generate.

Thank you - that expalins.
Pages 240+ have just these basics, but thank you it is just Diplo

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 9
RE: Victory Pact Card - 7/31/2021 9:51:04 PM   
Daza99

I have another question about the Victory Pact. I am playing coop with another player against the Ai and we have a Victory Pact in play. But i cannot see his armies at all aside from the odd Militia units on the map, i would of thought a Victory Pact would of allowed that. It would make things a lot easier coordinating large scale battles being able to see each others units etc. So is not being able to see allies units a design choice to prevent a player making a victory pact with you only to later revoke it and attack you knowing where you are weak etc? or am i missing something?

Perhaps we need to send spies to increase recon points? but wouldn't this just lead to spy events? we caught a spy etc or which faction should we give support to etc.

Currently we have level 3 pacts: Comm, Res, Mil pact, trade/free movement, and it says recon level is 124 (which i guess is the issue)

(in reply to Kojusoki)
Post #: 10
RE: Victory Pact Card - 7/31/2021 10:10:15 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daza99

I have another question about the Victory Pact. I am playing coop with another player against the Ai and we have a Victory Pact in play. But i cannot see his armies at all aside from the odd Militia units on the map, i would of thought a Victory Pact would of allowed that. It would make things a lot easier coordinating large scale battles being able to see each others units etc. So is not being able to see allies units a design choice to prevent a player making a victory pact with you only to later revoke it and attack you knowing where you are weak etc? or am i missing something?

Perhaps we need to send spies to increase recon points? but wouldn't this just lead to spy events? we caught a spy etc or which faction should we give support to etc.

Currently we have level 3 pacts: Comm, Res, Mil pact, trade/free movement, and it says recon level is 124 (which i guess is the issue)

See "5.14. reCon" in the handbook for details.

The Victory Pact itself gives a measily 15 Regime Recon. Same with research pact.
Open Contact/Embassy/Cultural Exchange bring a lot.
Followed by Trade and Migration treaty.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Victory Pact Card Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI