Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Delta Variant - please no politics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Delta Variant - please no politics Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 6:15:43 AM   
rustysi

quote:

feel no responsibility to protect the willfully unvaccinated so I won't mask up unless a place requests

I am vaccinated and those around me are as well. I will do what I feel is necessary to protect myself and those around me, especially my grandchildren!!!!!!!!! Whom at this time are not able to get the shots. Now you may say this or that about children not getting the virus or getting a lesser case, I DON'T CARE!!!!!! As far as those whom refuse to get the vaccine I don't care, except I will do whatever I can to protect their sorry a$$es as well.

This is not a political subject as far as I'm concerned, its about doing the right thing!!!!! And that is doing what you have to do, and that's getting vaccinated!!!! And if you don't believe that, well I wish polio, smallpox, measles, Covid, and all the other ailments that vaccines have saved us from on you and your people. I for one am sick and tired of those whom believe that science is lying to us at every turn. And if I get the vaccine and die, or have another reaction as well, well I still have attempted to do the right thing!!!!!! With seven billion people on the earth not many will miss me, and those that will, will still say, 'he tried to do the right thing'.

Yes, check out what is being said, and be informed, but if you listen to those who say the vaccine 'magnetized' them, please take the next comet off my planet. Remember them??? A definite improvement in the 'gene pool'. Oh, and speaking of which, when are we going to stop swimming in the shallow end????

You know, except for my family and close friends this pandemic has been kinda a relief for myself, because I haven't had to deal with all the nitwits!!!!!

I am sorry for the rant, but I can't contain myself any longer. Also I apologize to any I have offended, and I'm sure there are more than a few here.....

I could go on, but I fear I've gone way too far already.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 31
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 7:08:53 AM   
MrsWargamer

I'm a scientist, I have scientist leanings. I know the definition of the word 'fact' and how to use the term 'theory' correctly.
I'm also an atheist, thus I have scorn for all things religious. I'm not ruled by beliefs.

I was apprehensive at first about all things covid. The various agencies we rely on, can't seem to actually instill confidence. Social media is a true mess. Politics is being used in this matter. They ALL have an agenda. But, I'm no anti-vaccer, no anti-masker. I also don't have a problem with getting flu shots.

Additionally, I eat pork (love bacon), I do not have a problem shopping on Sunday, and the end is NOT near. The world is visibly provable to be round. He is NOT coming back, and evil is just a concept in a belief system with no merits. Various horrible individuals in the past were once children who I would not kill if I could time travel. When I die, it will be quite over. There is nothing more.

I do not wish to die stupidly. I also look both ways on a green light. I don't need most of the warnings on most products. I'm aware bleach is dangerous to drink. I like to take up dares, but, sorry, my brain always retains the right to veto.

The climate is definitely changing, and not for the better. And it is not really helpful to argue who is responsible if it was us, it is long past time to fix anything. Go ahead, cut down the rest of the Amazon for fast food burgers, it's going to die now anyway. You might not live to see Florida disappear along with the islands in the Pacific, but it's not a good idea to buy property there. The fires are so common now, I've lost the ability to be surprised. Siberia, the place we think of as 'that horrible cold place' is on fire too. So is Europe and India. This isn't just a California problem. The water is going fast, and with it the power the dams make. Unless hurricanes are the relevant problem in your area.

It really IS the age of Aquarius. Aquarius. Aqua. Water. Think about it for a moment. It's not about hippie love sadly. Not love and understanding. Pity.

Anyone with any real education prior to Google/Social media doesn't need to have any of the above explained to them.
They won't need quotes and charts and statistics and research findings with links.
I don't need experts, I'm 60, I AM the friggin expert. You may quote me if you wish. I suspect you'll mangle that task too though.

I'm sad that the world's young, those under 20, have been so completely screwed by the world's older people (anyone over 40).
I wish I could solve things, fix things right things.
But we are a very stupid greedy self-absorbed petty species.
I don't know about the value of going to Mars will be. But I suppose it won't be here.
And being on this planet might not be so great soon enough.

I never watch science shows about the world in a billion years or some nonsensical sum.
I'll be impressed if we make it to 2200.

Political future?
I think the Chinese and the people of Asia as a whole are in for a shock when it gets a bit warmer.
I'm worried we might need a wall to keep out climate refugees from the US.
Russia is likely going to need a wall too.
Northern Europe is the place to go, now, while you still can, if you live south of Scandinavia.
Water is going to mean a lot more than oil.

I am sooo glad I'm already in Canada.
I have likely managed with covid, because I live in rural Canada. It's a lot easier to isolate in a small community eh.
I don't want the borders opened. Leave them closed. Indefinitely. The sooner we master not going south the better.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 32
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 7:18:49 AM   
MrsWargamer

For the sake of a wargaming connection for my thoughts above, consider this.

If society doesn't totally collapse, it's likely we will be seeing a lot of military responses to the conditions this world is headed for.

There won't be any bad guys vs good guys stuff though. It's going to be all of humanity scrambling for a place to live. Those with armies will be going where they need to go, by force if needed.

The real shame, is humanity COULD harness all the military muscle, and use it to fight the climate fight. Soldiers being used to fight fires, plant trees, build dikes. Build not destroy.

Nah.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 33
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 8:19:08 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

I am vaccinated and those around me are as well. I will do what I feel is necessary to protect myself and those around me......

This is not a political subject as far as I'm concerned, its about doing the right thing.

warspite1

+1

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 34
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 9:55:07 AM   
springel

Last year, around Carnival, I saw the cases creep up towards the North of the Netherlands where I live while the Dutch government still didn't have a clue how to handle it: our prime minister believed in 'protect the vulnerable, but let the rest get 'herd immunity' by catching the disease. I told my daughter that we would enter an interesting time where we could see how our society would handle such a social emergency, and I predicted that it wouldn't be a nice picture.

My grand daughter had her birthday, and I used to take them to a restaurant on that occasion, but as the first case was discovered just 60 km South of Groningen, I declined to go to a closed space with lots of people, and I stayed at home. That night the first cases appeared in town, while there were no measures taken at all.

I must say, since then my wildest dreams about dysfunctional society have been surpassed by reality. From redneck hillbillies to vegan herbal ladies, many religious groups and everybody with a distrust in government, people have proven that we shouldn't look down on the Middle Ages as a time of illogical superstition, as todays people trump them in all respects.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 35
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 10:29:29 AM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

I am vaccinated and those around me are as well. I will do what I feel is necessary to protect myself and those around me......

This is not a political subject as far as I'm concerned, its about doing the right thing.

warspite1

+1

+2

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 36
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 10:32:05 AM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

I posted this because I thought people would want to know facts about Covid, as opposed to internet misinformation.

I don't understand why some people feel a need to air their political views about Covid. Do they really think they're influencing anyone?

The vaccine never could prevent people from getting it, it helps to prevent it from becoming systemic - that is, if you don't suddenly drop dead within the hour of becoming vaccinated or having a lot of other side affects. Also, a lot of people should not be vaccinated.

Please identify your source for the above statements.

The news and medical doctors.

List them. With verifiable proof.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 37
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 10:43:52 AM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

No Politics? How about stop posting on this. Relax, you will be fine. The media is manipulating you.

Manipulating you it seems.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-breaks-record-covid-19-174130613.html

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A day after it recorded the most new daily cases since the start of the pandemic, Florida on Sunday broke a previous record for current hospitalizations set more than a year ago before vaccines were available.

The Sunshine State had 10,207 people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

If they're fine, why are they hospitalized? Media manipulated them did it?

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 38
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 11:18:00 AM   
Freyr Oakenshield

Personally, I believe Delta is just a stop on a long route of strains, each next being deadlier than the previous one... until everything collapses and we end up in a world resembling that depicted in Walking Dead. So, hurry and play those wargames while you still can.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 39
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 11:34:02 AM   
Gilmer

I'm vaccinated. And there is a lot of misinformation on both sides. Fauci has contributed to this because there are verified videos and everything of him say exactly opposite things at many points during the whole situation. THAT'S why people don't like him. And that isn't political.

And there are several people out there fond of telling us to wear masks when they don't even follow their own advice. Fauci being one of them.

< Message edited by Gilmer -- 8/2/2021 11:38:57 AM >

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to Freyr Oakenshield)
Post #: 40
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 12:02:33 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Inject some untested DNA crap into my body for their manufactured flu, which I have 99.9% survival rate? No thanks.

Better cook up a stronger batch to get my attention.

-EJR

Without Him, I could do nothing
Without Him, I'd surely fail
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 41
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 12:59:54 PM   
springel

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo

Inject some untested DNA crap into my body for their manufactured flu, which I have 99.9% survival rate? No thanks.

Better cook up a stronger batch to get my attention.

-EJR

I wish you long covid.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 42
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 1:32:33 PM   
RangerJoe

Everyone who is allergic to eggs should get a flu shot and walk out the door, go to the woods, and be alone. Do not tell anyone where you are going either . . .

Not everyone should get the vaccine.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 43
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 1:44:27 PM   
RangerJoe

https://abc7ny.com/javits-center-death-dr-howard-zucker-covid-vaccine-nyc-covid-19-finder/10321962/

Health care worker dies after second dose of COVID vaccine, investigations underway
‘The message is, be safe, take the vaccine — but the officials need to do more research. We need to know the cause,’ said the wife of Tim Zook of Orange

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/01/26/health-care-worker-dies-after-second-dose-of-covid-vaccine-investigations-underway/

In an unfortunate turn of events, doctors and front health workers at the center of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) management in Indonesia are themselves turning sick, with many of them dead, after being administered the Chinese vaccine -- Sinovac. In a report carried by the New York Times on Friday, the Indonesian Medical Association attested that at least 20 doctors who have died in the country since the pandemic began were fully vaccinated with Sinovac Biotech, the Chinese-made vaccine. The vaccination status of as many as 31 others who passed away in the last five months is currently being looked into.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/indonesia-doctors-fell-sick-many-died-after-taking-chinese-made-sinovac-vaccine-report-101624667601232.html

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 44
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 1:46:41 PM   
RangerJoe

56-Year-old Greek Woman Dies Minutes After Second Pfizer Vaccine

https://greekreporter.com/2021/06/18/greek-woman-dies-after-second-pfizer-vaccine/

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 45
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 1:47:53 PM   
RangerJoe

The medical examiner's report said there wasn't enough evidence to show whether the vaccine contributed to Michael's death.

"Given the history, autopsy, toxicology, and laboratory findings, the cause of death is complications of immune thrombocytopenia following receipt of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine," the report said. "Based on the circumstances as currently known, the manner of death is natural."

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/local-doctor-who-passed-away-after-vaccine-shot-died-of-natural-causes-medical-examiner/2424281/

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 46
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 2:14:20 PM   
Zorch

Ok, I'll make one more post.
Let me see if I understand your argument. Over 4 billion shots have been given, 2 people happened to die after receiving them, and you say this is proof the vaccine is dangerous? Please tell me if I have misrepresented your position.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 47
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 2:40:01 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

I have faith in the Lord of Hosts, that my time has not come, yet. The wages of sin is death, when the Master calls, then I will go.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 48
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 2:42:04 PM   
DonH58

Here is more proof that many had died. Most health care workers well tell you that VAERS is way under reported and as little as 10% gets sent in. Oh and this is just the USA report. If you look at the history of vaccines that have been pulled off the market not one has over 50 deaths attributed to them.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 49
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 2:48:00 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

They died with their faith in science.
Where I say, worship the Creator, more than the Creation.

(in reply to DonH58)
Post #: 50
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 3:26:43 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Ok, I'll make one more post.
Let me see if I understand your argument. Over 4 billion shots have been given, 2 people happened to die after receiving them, and you say this is proof the vaccine is dangerous? Please tell me if I have misrepresented your position.

In other words, you have completely ignored the report from Indonesia . . .

Ignore what does not fit your narrative and what does that get you.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 51
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 4:00:43 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gilmer

I'm vaccinated. And there is a lot of misinformation on both sides. Fauci has contributed to this because there are verified videos and everything of him say exactly opposite things at many points during the whole situation.

So in other words, as more information becomes available, he has shifted as he has learned more about coronavirus. Science is like that, Just like how now, getting gut shot isn't the death sentence it was in 1862.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 52
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 4:08:31 PM   
Sieben

DonH58, cite your sources! 12K people died from the COVID vaccine? Sure. You can't just post a pretty table and a lot of unsupported data off the internet and expect people to believe it. Well, perhaps you can.

RangerJoe, people died in Indonesia from taking the Chinese vaccine? Now I'm really worried, since I've already had the Moderna.

MrsWargamer, thank you for the polite reply. I actually allowed myself to get involved in a discussion of the same topic on this forum, spring of last year. What happened to Curtis Lemay and his oft-posted assurance that the case mortality rate for COVID would be in the 10% range? I and several others tried to educate him in the proper use of statistics, to no avail. For my effort I was accused of "shaking my d***" (exhibiting superior learning). In the US, the rate is currently 1.7% based on the limited data available to the public, 1.3% in my semi-rural state.

Now, I bid you farewell and take back my previous comment. This forum isn't a Looney Tune, it's Cloud Cuckoo Land.

I support the Averasboro Battlefield Commission
Preserving the Past for the Future

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 53
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 4:14:29 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Since this is primary a gaming forum, it's like Dungeon & Dragon's:

What's your Constitution score?
Do you have any spells to cast?

Make your Saving Throw, or die. Or worse, Paralyzed.

(in reply to Sieben)
Post #: 54
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 4:23:30 PM   
balto

Aurelian, thank you for citing Yahoo. You have shared the source of your wisdom.

I wish I could write as well as Sieben, that is what my post was meant to say.., but whatever.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 55
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 4:24:51 PM   
jwarrenw13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gilmer

I'm vaccinated. And there is a lot of misinformation on both sides. Fauci has contributed to this because there are verified videos and everything of him say exactly opposite things at many points during the whole situation.

So in other words, as more information becomes available, he has shifted as he has learned more about coronavirus. Science is like that, Just like how now, getting gut shot isn't the death sentence it was in 1862.

Since the thread is continuing, surprisingly, though I would jump in.

As background, my wife and I are both over 65 with co-morbidities. I work out regularly and hard but still have the co-morbidities. Anyway, we both got the vaccine early and both firmly believe in its effectiveness despite the recent news, some of which was greatly sensationalized, ironically by the likes of New York Times and Washington Post.

I also have a phone app covid passport, an option offered by my state as an add on to an optional drivers license/ID phone app. I'm not afraid of covid passports.

I'm iffy on mitigation strategies though because science experts do not agree on them. And in the US I think the panic reaction last week by the Centers for Disease Control probably broke what was left of America's trust in the experts and science. Vaccinated people don't need to mask. Oh wait, yes you do. Too many flip flops to often. It doesn't matter if it was justified. Too much pontificating and saying they know it all before they do another flop.

You are correct that Fauci has changed his story as he has learned more, which a good scientist would. But those who say he never said most people didn't need masks are wrong. He did say it way back in early 2020. https://youtu.be/PRa6t_e7dgI

Another one of our problems in America is that he was set up as the god king of covid science, and he seemed to enjoy the role too much in my view. And too many of our experts have aligned themselves politically with one side or the other rather than remaining neutral and objective.

And in America EVERYTHING about covid has been politicized from the start. When our former president imposed travel bans from China and Italy in Feb 2020 he was viciously attacked by the other party as a xenophobe for doing early what has now become the norm in most nations, i.e., travel restrictions. And it has been blatantly political from both sides from that point on and both sides have made big mistakes along the way and continue to do so.

Then there is the matter of the origin of the virus, the two main theories being that it originated naturally or that it escaped from the Wuhan lab. And for nearly a year anyone suggesting the latter was attacked as somehow anti-Asian/anti-China and often banned from Facebook and Twitter and other social media, until suddenly it was okay to suggest that possibility. Another reason for Americans if not others around the world to distrust big tech as well as the media and government.

I believe it is critical to fully understanding the virus to understand its origins. For political reasons, we will likely never know the truth.

And we can never know from our politicians and media and big tech what the facts are.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 56
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 4:29:32 PM   
ThomasJay

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo

I have faith in the Lord of Hosts, that my time has not come, yet. The wages of sin is death, when the Master calls, then I will go.

Reminds me of the Katrina joke where the man refuses to evacuate when a boat comes to rescue him because the Lord is his protector and the storm is media hype anyway. Same thing when the helicopter comes. After he drowns and gets to the pearly gates he asks why the Lord would let such a faithful servant drown. "Fool we sent you a boat and helicopter!"

Just substitute vaccine for boat

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 57
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 4:37:32 PM   
springel

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwarrenw13

And we can never know from our politicians and media and big tech what the facts are.

You are right. But with a rational population people would do the right thing anyway. Oh wait.

- Masks do help (a little bit)
- The chance of medical harm from covid is vastly larger than that from a vaccine, except for a few people with certain conditions
- if you catch covid and don't get harmed, you are still helping the disease to spread and harm others

All good behaviour will mostly beneficial for others, but that seems to have no value for a lot of selfish bastards.

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 58
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 4:38:44 PM   
RFalvo69

Back when I enlisted in the Navy (1988) one of the mandatory courses was "Earth Sciences". I still have the 400 pages manual we had to study. One day our instructor said: "Climate Change is going to be bad. Pity that it will be politicised."

And we looked at each other. "Politicized?" How can you "politicise" a scientific problem? I guess that there will be dissent inside the scientific community, but increased fires or heavy weather phenomena are not tied to political thinking!

That grew old fast.

Around 2017 I happened to read "The Great Influenza" by John M. Barry, about the Spanish Flu of 1918-19. While, once that pandemic started, there was nothing to do to stop it, I was amazed by how much it was helped by public ignorance and political interference. Almost no one listened to science. Masks, surprise!, were "against freedom". Doctors pleaded the various political organs to stop "War Parades" amid a pandemic. They were labeled as "against the morale" (the then sobriquet for "unpatriotic").

The result were events like the unfamous "Liberty Loan Parade" that was held in Philadelphia on Sept, 28th 1918 - when the pandemic was already so raging that the Army had cancelled the next draft call. Medical authorities of any kind implored for the parade to be cancelled. "No, because it was politically 'against the morale'". Some implored the newspaper editors to publish warnings or, at least, basic suggestions about how to protect yourself if you attended the parade. No one published anything.

Two days after the parade people literally started falling ill in the street. The result was one of the biggest superspreader events in history. Hospitals in the city were so crowded that they began refusing new patients. Sick people queued anyway outside the doors.

Colonel Charles Hagadorn, commander of Camp Grant, had ignored the medical guidelines for the Army and packed his barracks with young men. On Oct, 8th he read the latest casualty bulletin and committed suicide.

"Soon the daily death toll from influenza alone would exceed the city’s average weekly death toll from all causes—all illnesses, all accidents, all criminal acts combined." (from my Kindle edition of the book).

The Director of the Philadelphia Department of Public Health and Charities, Dr. Wilmer Krusen, a political appointee who hadn't acted against the parade ("There is no danger" were his exact words), assured that "There is no need to get frightened or panic stricken over exaggerated reports." (Sounds familiar?)

And this was happening while all the aforementioned normal illnesses, accidents and people injured in criminal acts still happened. Doctors and nurses were ran to the ground.

And then doctors and nurses started to become ill too. And to die. At the Philadelphia General Hospital, eight doctors and fifty-four nurses became sick. Ten nurses died. Fear and panic started to pervade the health-workers too.

Did all the above stopped other "Liberty Loan Parades"? Or, when the (infected) Army returned home, "Victory Parades"?

No, of course not.

So, I was reading all of this, in the sunny days of 2017, and thinking: "I'm not saying that our ancestors were stupid. No. They never are. However, the level of education was lower, the way pathogens acted was still not completely understood. An enemy with a rifle is a clear and present danger... a virus... who knows? Luckily, today we can readily inform ourselves should something like this happen! Medical science made many strides in a Century! After all, we dodged the SARS and MERS bullets, didn't we?"

And that became old very fast.

Masks are "political"???

Asking for proof of vaccination before allowing some specific activity during a pandemic is political???

In March 2020, while this pandemic raging out of control, The Governor of Florida, DeSantis, lifted all the medical mandates in his state during Spring Break, causing a superspreader event and the appearance of some variants. But if I say "And he still has his job?" I risk to get this thread locked because, for some reason... uh... "Debating this it's political".

The USA, most infamously, in 2020 had 25% of the COVID deaths in the whole World with only 4% of the population. But any serious analysis of why this happened becomes political.

I can see Sicily burning from here. The fires near Catania cause a black cloud visible during the day. During the night the horizon is faintly glowing. Another cloud, this one greyish, is faintly visible. That's Palermo.

Sardinia is burning. Marche and Abruzzo are burning.

Siberia is burning. Canada burned. Australia burned. Cyprus and Greece burned. Turkey, Spain, Oregon and California are burning.

But if I try to start a discourse about Climate Change [screech]"that's political!!"[/screech] My old teacher nailed it.

One day a cockroach will teach to little cockroaches: "First there were the dinosaurs, but an asteroid too care of them. Then human beings, but, sadly, their brain wattage was not enough to really endure. Now it's our turn!"

And good luck to them.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to ThomasJay)
Post #: 59
RE: Delta Variant - please no politics - 8/2/2021 4:44:47 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

LOL, Global Warming is not a problem. Well, until after the I calculate ~150,000,000 people outta of the world's total 7,000,000,000 leave.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Delta Variant - please no politics Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI