Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/4/2003 8:30:55 PM   
mmurray821

I love supply. It really adds realism to the game. If I just want to do a unit rush, I'll play Age of Empires where I don't have to worry about that.

Winter movement sounds great. Maybe you could add some combat modifiers for winter since it is a huge pain in the butt to manuver in snow and cold does a number on moral (yes, I do speak from experiance on this one)
Maybe also you could put in a weather modifier that randomly chooses weather for a battle for each season. Rain gives attackers and mobile defenders a negative bonus, bonus to defense and the like.

Anyway, keep up the info! :D

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 1
- 9/5/2003 2:48:36 AM   
YohanTM2

[QUOTE=Capitaine]Winter movement: Given this is a large scale, abstracted strategic game, I'm not sure a doubling of land movement costs rule is appropriate. ... Although, obviously, heavy snow could impede actual movement, it just isn't really that critical. Also, don't believe this was in the actual rules, was it?[/QUOTE]

Marshall, what about just doubling movement in certain terrain in the winter?

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI