Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Traffic sign acting strangely(with pictures). Help?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Traffic sign acting strangely(with pictures). Help? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Traffic sign acting strangely(with pictures). Help? - 8/15/2021 12:57:34 AM   
Rednettle

I want to stop all truck points along a road. So I put up a traffic stop sign for truck/rail/pull points. However all the points continue on through the road. I move the stop sign over two hexes and it works. What am I missing here? Why does it work in one hex, but not the one I want? First picture is the traffic stop sign I'd like to have working. The second picture is the one that works, albeit in the wrong hex.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Traffic sign acting strangely(with pictures). Help? - 8/15/2021 3:26:38 AM   
mattpilot

Not sure, but noticed it too, and just assumed that why should the trucks stop? there is nothing lost for letting the points on that route continue to go down that route. It "works" in the second example, because there is another path for the points to take.

(in reply to Rednettle)
Post #: 2
RE: Traffic sign acting strangely(with pictures). Help? - 8/15/2021 4:22:12 AM   
zgrssd

Stop only maters if there is a alternative direction to go.
It would have only downsides to stop it now and no upsides.

If you want it to take effect, put it on the crossroads where they actually have someplace else to go.

Note that you should generally disable pull-point coverage. That way the assets would still get teh token 100 they need (assets do nto consume logistics - they only need them passing through).

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 8/15/2021 4:23:22 AM >

(in reply to mattpilot)
Post #: 3
RE: Traffic sign acting strangely(with pictures). Help? - 8/15/2021 1:32:56 PM   
Rednettle

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

If you want it to take effect, put it on the crossroads where they actually have someplace else to go.

Note that you should generally disable pull-point coverage. That way the assets would still get teh token 100 they need (assets do nto consume logistics - they only need them passing through).

Thank you. Disable pull-point coverage? Do you mean there's a setting to remove that or are you referring to something else?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Traffic sign acting strangely(with pictures). Help? - 8/15/2021 8:35:47 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rednettle

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Thank you. Disable pull-point coverage? Do you mean there's a setting to remove that or are you referring to something else?

When setting Traffic signs you got 3 toggles:
- truck points
- rail points
- pull points

personally I like to block off secondary roads leading to assets, except for pull points. That way the minimum nessesary is spend on those directions, but the bulk is focussed on the relevant ones.
Note that I also avoid braching outside the city-hex.

(in reply to Rednettle)
Post #: 5
RE: Traffic sign acting strangely(with pictures). Help? - 8/16/2021 10:04:40 PM   
Rednettle

quote:

When setting Traffic signs you got 3 toggles:
- truck points
- rail points
- pull points

personally I like to block off secondary roads leading to assets, except for pull points. That way the minimum nessesary is spend on those directions, but the bulk is focussed on the relevant ones.
Note that I also avoid braching outside the city-hex.

Thank you. Does allowing only pull points out of SHQ stop units from receiving supplies? If not then why would you allow anything out except pull points? Like ever?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Traffic sign acting strangely(with pictures). Help? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI