Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ardenn... - 3/11/2021 3:40:40 PM   
JeanAllTrekkie

Greetings

I wanted to let everyone know that we at Developer Dialogue released a new episode where we sat down with Victor Reijkersz, the head of VR Designs, the studio behind the upcoming and highly anticipated Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive. In this interview we dove into this new addition to the Decisive Campaigns series and why it is a game changing experience. We round up the interview discussing the future of Decisive Campaigns and the possible next games in the series.

If you guys are interested you can listen to it here:

https://youtu.be/8QY8T3kNZ2U

OR listen to it on your favorite Podcast app by searching for Developer Dialogue

Post #: 1
RE: A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ar... - 3/11/2021 8:39:14 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognerd_INC

Yes, the North African Campaign is a good idea for a future game. Let me make a few more suggestions, if you don't mind.

The longest day Normandy campaign would do this engine justice. But you would have to address ships as a weapons platform, I remember you said you did not want to do ships.

The Soviet Kanev airdrops followed by the 48th Panzer Corps attempt to be the fire brigade that stopped/slowed the Soviets from advancing west.

A hypothetical battle of the bulge east, at Budapest.

Market Garden would be so kewl with Vic's new DC4 as well. ;)

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Post #: 2
RE: A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ar... - 3/11/2021 9:39:44 PM   
OldSarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

Yes, the North African Campaign is a good idea for a future game. Let me make a few more suggestions, if you don't mind.

The longest day Normandy campaign would do this engine justice. But you would have to address ships as a weapons platform, I remember you said you did not want to do ships.

The Soviet Kanev airdrops followed by the 48th Panzer Corps attempt to be the fire brigade that stopped/slowed the Soviets from advancing west.

A hypothetical battle of the bulge east, at Budapest.

Klink, Oberst

I was thinking the same thing. That or a game covering the Normandy breakout covering the operations in the bocage country culminating in the Falaise pocket later in August.

< Message edited by OldSarge -- 3/11/2021 9:48:34 PM >

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ar... - 3/12/2021 2:53:53 AM   
sol_invictus

quote:

Klink, Oberst

I was going to mention that as well. Also Gazala, Crusader, and Velikiye Luki would be nice.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Post #: 4
RE: A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ar... - 3/12/2021 1:13:29 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: sol_invictus

quote:

Klink, Oberst

I was going to mention that as well. Also Gazala, Crusader, and Velikiye Luki would be nice.

Well, you got time aplenty to scrounge, organize and develop some graphics for the Italians and British | Commonwealth. And yes, imagine the V for Victory scenarios converted to the DC4 system.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 5
RE: A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ar... - 3/12/2021 1:30:28 PM   
sol_invictus

quote:

Well, you got time aplenty to scrounge, organize and develop some graphics for the Italians and British | Commonwealth. And yes, imagine the V for Victory scenarios converted to the DC4 system.

Klink, Oberst

The V4V/W@W games are still the best operational wargames for the computer to this day imo. I am currently playing a pbem game of D-Day: America Invades. Love the engine! I wish GOG or Matrix would buy the rights to them all and release an updated version.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Post #: 6
RE: A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ar... - 3/12/2021 4:41:25 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Best way to get back into modding is using DC:CP. Here's a version of Vic's Volkov to Tichwin scenario were I added some Italians.

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.
Post #: 7
RE: A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ar... - 3/13/2021 1:32:41 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Same. If I got the time, I'd even attempt a series of tutorial slides, like I did for TOAW IV. Not sure if you remember them.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Post #: 8
RE: A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ar... - 8/15/2021 10:35:17 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

full featured editor

Excellent
Post #: 9
RE: A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ar... - 8/17/2021 3:11:49 AM   
governato

quote:

a game covering the Normandy breakout covering the operations in the bocage country culminating in the Falaise pocket later in August.

+2!

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> A Game Changing Experience In Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI