Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allowing players to make a list of auto-scrap cards

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Allowing players to make a list of auto-scrap cards Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allowing players to make a list of auto-scrap cards - 8/13/2021 9:58:56 PM   
Felius

With reducing micromanagement and busywork in mind I believe it'd be interesting to allow the players to set certain cards on an "autoscrap list".

Or rather, some cards I'm just going to scrap as soon as I get them at some points in the game, even if only to keep under 300 cards and be able to get cards I actually want. I care nothing to recruit more juniors late in the game. Or prospecting pushes. Due to my playstyle I never use certain HQ stances. Once I'm rolling in credits (which is pretty early in the game) I'll never use zero retirement, given that it costs more PP than the bronze one. And so forth.

So it could be nice to allow the player to set up a list "If this card is generated it gets autoscrapped instead needing to get manually removed".

A step further would be to allow the player to set up a maximum number of a given card, so that if they wanted they could keep up to a number of them and only the ones that get generated beyond that get auto scrapped. I really don't need over a half dozen "investigate leader", "threaten leader" or "shadow diplomat/spy", but they might be nice to keep one or two, but have no reason to keep more than that.
Post #: 1
RE: Allowing players to make a list of auto-scrap cards - 8/14/2021 7:53:20 AM   
mattpilot

bruh... according to steam i now got 300+ hours in this game, and i didn't know there was a strategem limit you could hold or that you could scrap them.

* I just checked in my game ... i have over 2100 scrap points... the amount of cards that were auto scrapped because i was over the 300 limit... oh the humanity!!

But i was pleasantly surprised by what kind of scrap cards that got produced. Got something new to play with :-)

< Message edited by mattpilot -- 8/14/2021 8:07:36 AM >

(in reply to Felius)
Post #: 2
RE: Allowing players to make a list of auto-scrap cards - 8/14/2021 7:02:38 PM   
Felius

quote:

ORIGINAL: mattpilot
bruh... according to steam i now got 300+ hours in this game, and i didn't know there was a strategem limit you could hold or that you could scrap them.

* I just checked in my game ... i have over 2100 scrap points... the amount of cards that were auto scrapped because i was over the 300 limit... oh the humanity!!

But i was pleasantly surprised by what kind of scrap cards that got produced. Got something new to play with :-)

This is definitely the kind of game where you always keep learning something new about it.

On the cards generated: They can be very nice, although the apparently uncapped possible cost means that eventually you simply aren't going to be getting enough of them to matter anymore, at least without save scumming.

< Message edited by Felius -- 8/14/2021 7:04:53 PM >

(in reply to mattpilot)
Post #: 3
RE: Allowing players to make a list of auto-scrap cards - 8/18/2021 12:15:45 PM   
ParadoxSong

Biiiiig +1 to this, an option to flag cards as "always scrap" would be huge and remove a lot of monotony. There are some cards I will never use that have lower numbers than cards I do, and the manual isn't clear enough about the auto scrapping process for me to trust it removing my 8x Send Spy before my 6x Wargames.

From the manual:
quote:

Also be aware that the maximum Stratagems you can have in reserve is limited. Stratagems above the count of 300 will be scrapped without you being asked for your permission. (auto scrapping will favour Stratagems that have a high double count)

Like, what does that mean, a high double count? Highest quantities first, but if it's not double digits then it's the wild west?

Either way, the amount of coded behaviours to make auto scrap better at its job than I am is much higher than letting me designate Prospecting Push 1's to get thanos snapped every time they show up, or Attract Free Folk cards after all the free folk have joined me.

< Message edited by ParadoxSong -- 8/18/2021 12:16:26 PM >

(in reply to Felius)
Post #: 4
RE: Allowing players to make a list of auto-scrap cards - 8/24/2021 7:00:42 AM   
phyroks

Yeah I also wanted this feature, dno if it will arrive or when, but I do hate to see my mystics being scrapped because we had to get new prospecting push card that we still cant use!

(in reply to ParadoxSong)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Allowing players to make a list of auto-scrap cards Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI