Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German mine clearing tank?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> German mine clearing tank? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German mine clearing tank? - 9/5/2003 2:23:44 AM   
Jamminji

Hi all...

I couple question on mines.

1) is there a mine clearing tank for the germans? If so where I must have missed it in the buy/encyclopedia.

2) What is the best method to get through a mine field with a human opponent with out losing too much?

I know how to clear mines ie squads in the hex, engineers pointed at the hex with mines in it. Any hints on good mine clearing techniques?

jam
Post #: 1
- 9/5/2003 2:40:03 AM   
Belisarius

[QUOTE=Jamminji]Hi all...

I couple question on mines.

1) is there a mine clearing tank for the germans? If so where I must have missed it in the buy/encyclopedia.

2) What is the best method to get through a mine field with a human opponent with out losing too much?

I know how to clear mines ie squads in the hex, engineers pointed at the hex with mines in it. Any hints on good mine clearing techniques?

jam[/QUOTE]

1) To my knowledge, no.

2) Jokingly, to put your fingers in your ears and stomp vigourusly in front of you. :D Vs. a human opponent, the best way is to drive right through the hex and hope you won't set too many off - a blast will likely only kill one or two in a squad.

The other method involves concentrating many squads to clear a single hex, and use SMOKE to protect them. I usually use 2-4 squads, engineers if possible ofcourse. Did I mention SMOKE? If there isn't a good enemy defence right behind the field, it's usually enough to clear a one hex lane, but if you're facing ATG positions and bunkers, you might need to breach at several places.

The other other method (heh), is ofcourse the one of indirect removal - heavy artillery and/or flamethrowers. 150mm artillery will clear mines, and so will 'z-firing' a flamethrower into the hex. The latter is no doubt the quickest approach, so if you have FTs around, use them.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> German mine clearing tank? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI