Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Don't use quote symbol (") when you send a message in your MP game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> Don't use quote symbol (") when you send a message in your MP game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Don't use quote symbol (") when you send a message... - 1/20/2016 8:05:01 PM   
Joel Billings

We've found a bug in the Multiplayer message system that you should be sure to avoid. Don't enter a quote sign (") in any text message you create, as this will cause a problem with your game. This will be fixed in the next public beta, which we hope to release within the next 2 weeks.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Post #: 1
RE: Don't use quote symbol (") when you send a mes... - 8/19/2021 9:56:18 PM   
kentkroeckel

I will remember not to put quote "" in my texts for now on. I am sorry about this. I do enjoy having conversations while gaming. I often find it an enriching experience and it seems most gamers love to chat. It is also a good thing your system only allows 2 correspondences per turn. Ha.

But on a very sincere and profound note; I am so deeply appreciative for your effort along with Lance, and whoever else is and was involved in finding this very abstract bug. I am also glad it will soon be corrected altogether. I am sure it took time and much effort to find, what amounts to such a simple line corruption that then turns into an insurmountable problem.

I am also glad it was not me who was at fault. I do mean this! In fact, I was embarrassed and a bit hesitant to take the advise of the main tech support and post my issue on WiTW tech support / bug. I am sure you get a lot of concerns that are caused by players not understanding what they did; meaning it was not the game system but human error. Myself, I have made a few mistakes between charts and finding out that I am responsible, and not the game for a miscalculation. I better end it here because I am sure you have many pressing matters to attend to rather than reading a letter from a loyal fan of "War In The West."

PS. Thought you would enjoy a wicked sense of humor using "" in this E-mail.
Sincerely, to the support staff of WItW, thank-you: Kent Kroeckel

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 2
RE: Don't use quote symbol (") when you send a mes... - 8/21/2021 1:30:24 AM   
kentkroeckel

Thank-you for your previous help on " " problem. But now I have a concern about the new version that will soon be released. I assume the system will request players to update. Will this render existing games incompatible? Reason I am asking is that I plan to start a campaign game with Uteman58. Worst case is just to wait until update is out.

PS. Uteman58 and I attempted a third game but no success. I resigned from the second game but on the same day accepted his challenge for game #3. System for some reason pulled instant messages from previous games. Needless to say, it messed it up before the game could even do one turn. My guess is that at least a day needs to transpire between same players so that system does not connect the instant messaging from previous games. We are waiting three days just to be sure, give plenty of time between ended games and starting game. Sunday is when we plan to attempt game #4. We are not even putting up the challenge until Sunday, just to make sure there is no instant messaging connection to our new game #4. As I have stated before, I am no computer guru and am only working on hunches.

Sincerely, Kent Kroeckel

< Message edited by kentkroeckel -- 8/21/2021 1:31:54 AM >

(in reply to kentkroeckel)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> Don't use quote symbol (") when you send a message in your MP game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI