Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fleet tactics and composition

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Fleet tactics and composition Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fleet tactics and composition - 8/21/2021 6:54:43 AM   
Dermot

Hi folks

Can someone give some useful piece of advice as to the Fleet composition and tactics for fleets...? What ways do you use to maximize Fleet efficiency on the map, what is the Best way to place fleets on maps So they find enemy etc. Do you use baits to lure enemy into fights..?

Thanks for any useful tip, I am strugling bit to get the proper tactics for Fleet and fight enemy effectively on sees.

Post #: 1
RE: Fleet tactics and composition - 8/31/2021 4:03:46 PM   
ncc1701e

Not the best expert out there I am sure.

Few naval tips:
1. Try to maximize search of the latest naval advancement:

->> Large Warships
->> Warships
->> Carrier Operations

2. Upgrade your ships with the latest advancement available as soon as possible. Beware in a port level 5 or more.

3. If you expect enemy subs, put some DDs inside your naval stack to protect your big ships.

4. BB groups can help with Anti-Air especially if they have the Large Warships advancement type. As such I would suggest to put these BB groups in the same naval stack than your carriers to protect them against air raids.

5. DD and CA groups can be used in night actions against enemy naval stack. Not sure of what to do with CA groups otherwise.

6. CVL can be used in raider mode to attack or to defend convoy routes. They are good.

7. DD groups also add a sub hunter bonus when they are on a friendly convoy routes.

Anybody else have some other tips?

< Message edited by ncc1701e -- 8/31/2021 4:04:22 PM >

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Dermot)
Post #: 2
RE: Fleet tactics and composition - 8/31/2021 5:43:03 PM   
stjeand

I rarely upgrade anything other than CVs...especially as the Japanese.
Even then by last 43 they may be low on those so may not even matter.

I keep BBs with my CV for AA and to hopefully be a big target that gets hit first.

DDs are also a requirement, though sub actions against ships is almost suicidal.

As NCC said...CAs are probably only useful for shore bombardment...and some AA if they have nothing else to do.

If Japanese keep your 6CVs together. Once they split things get bad real quick. For the US keep your early 4 CVs together and you should not openly engage the Japanese CVs...though there is luck there.

If you can lure that is great...but always a gamble.

For the Japanese though...each ship is expensive. The US can replace theirs, though it is rare that anyone builds DD, CA or BB from what I know. CVs...well a few extra never hurts but the Japanese just do not have the PP for that. Better to build a few land based air for bombing ships than another CV.

NOW if you sank the entire US CV fleet early with no losses...well then perhaps you do build another CV or 2...but in 1944 it won't matter. The UK gets 6+ and then you can not keep up at all.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Fleet tactics and composition Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI