Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Moltrey Mod for Kull's Allied Setup

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Moltrey Mod for Kull's Allied Setup Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Moltrey Mod for Kull's Allied Setup - 4/3/2021 7:11:46 AM   
Tanaka

Admiral Dadman mentions some fixes to British Radar in this series anyone know what he was talking about?

https://youtu.be/ypUJSUmqXHw?list=PLbSx_b5pOYvG47ew8iHc1OU1gpchhSAbg

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 211
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 4/8/2021 3:59:35 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

OK been a while since I messed about

Attached to this thread are revised and updated Scen 1 and 2.

Main changes.
Bases - Lots of new bases in NZ/Aus/China/Burma/Malaya some are to make the AI perform better some are purely because it offended me to have railway lines on the map that couldn't be used bases are in the 1600 - 1720 range if you want to look at them - some of the names may be slightly out especially in China.

Resources etc - A little more on map LI for both sides to better reflect food production reduced off map supply and 'magic supply to compensate in most cases. (China/Burma/SEA/Russia mostly)

A few minor aircraft tweaks - eg Beaufighters now attack bombers becdause the code handles them better as attack bombers than FB's same with Mosquitoes - if you don't like change back

More allied aircraft set to CW nationality especially FAA types as FAA sqns are a mix of nationalities and this allows them all to use the aircraft.

Small tweaks to OOB in China (splitting units) to cope with new bases

Post 6/45 increases in US and CW device replacements to reflect re prioritisation of replacement to the hot war - basically just in case the game is still going until mid 46

An updated AI file please delete all existing aei01-00x.dat and aei01-00x.dat files if you want to keep them copy to a subfiolder - at present the new AI file has NO variants and therefore will not overwrite the existing files so you need to delete them or you wont be using the latest files.

Scen 2 only on top of existing Scen 2 increases - added about 30 additional ships to the IJN to make them a little stronger in mid war period 6/42 - 12/43 specifically 2 extra CA's and few tankers, Ak's, DD's and a couple of my surprise AMC's again feel free to delete they are at the end of the file - they give both the AI and an IJN player a couple of extra toys to play with when the Fletchers start rolling in but not enough to unbalance scen.

Lots of tweaks and corrections that have been sent in as well over the last couple of years - I am sure I have missed a few so feel free to let me know of any errors in the thread below.

Edit v2
Added Cav Designation to 1st Chinese Cav Corps
Adjusted MG device in 7811 Chinese corps
Changed Device in Mobile Eenhid
Amended Wiraway Bomb Load
Removed Port from Reid River
Moved starting Location 1st motor Bde (aus) to Brisbane
Updated Dutch and Soviet Subs to match class files
Wright now arrives day 3 at PH
Moved Alchiba/Aries and Mauna Loa to later arrival dates

v3 a few HQ changes in 45 per Kulls spot on Air groups and a few Chinese HQ changes
Enjoy

v4 fixed Boomerang bomb load and tried again with Kulls updates !!!

v5 Corrected a couple of issues with Chinese supply caps on bases, amended 24th Chinese Base Force, Corrected 2 ships from list above moved from PH to Anchorage, reverted Beaufighters and Mosquitos back to FB's undoing change above as on balance not an air guy so trusting original team more than my testing, added 5 new Gulf bases in Australia, removed Fairey Battle except as Invasion reinforcements

Andy

Hi Andy I see the download for Scen 1 is now version 6 but what are the changes? Thanks for your continued work on this!

Also is this preventative upgrade working as intended? If so why the change from stock? Just curious? Thanks!

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4997335

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 4/8/2021 4:04:27 AM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 212
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 4/11/2021 7:01:07 AM   
Yaab

Seconded.

Also, the first post lacks info about scen001 being now v6, but when you click the download link it says the file is v6. What gives?

< Message edited by Yaab -- 4/11/2021 7:02:22 AM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 213
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 4/11/2021 1:39:11 PM   
Andy Mac

Um I think v6 was just another fort level being too high in an out of the way base

Tanaka send me a save and i will take a look at your issue

a.mcphie@btinternet.com

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 214
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 4/11/2021 7:51:15 PM   
Yaab

Andy, there were SEVERAL bases in Burma with fort level 6.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 215
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 4/11/2021 8:39:22 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Andy, there were SEVERAL bases in Burma with fort level 6.

They are the dot bases between Irrawaddy valley and Akyab

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 216
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 4/12/2021 5:07:01 PM   
Andy Mac

And they were corrected but I missed one

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 217
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 4/13/2021 4:13:02 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

Um I think v6 was just another fort level being too high in an out of the way base

Tanaka send me a save and i will take a look at your issue

a.mcphie@btinternet.com

Thanks Andy sent!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 218
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 5/12/2021 4:42:49 PM   
clamel

As a newbie in this game I can expect a minor slap on the wrist for bringing this up, But what the heck.
Adding forces,ships and such I wonder if the forces in Hongkong has been considered ?
In the Databse I can see the 2nd Royal Scots, but it's on delay 9999, and not in game.
I miss the 2/14th Punjab too, the other Battalions are present in Malaya.
So also 5/7th Rajput Rgt was involved in the defense of HongKong.

Perhaps considering adding these smaller forces to Hongkong defense. In Kulls spreadsheet he suggest airlifting out the Rifles of Canada, but of course it would be tempted to do the same with some other smaller force like those I mentioned.

I'm sure the reason for not having these forces in HongKong have been debated and solved, but as a newbie and a keen historian one thinks a bit.
If they are thought on being part of that Kowloon Bde I think that could be omitted. Then why detach just the Middlesex Bn ?
Just my two cents.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 219
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 5/13/2021 11:01:22 PM   
RangerJoe

Look in the Kowloon Brigade and you will probably see those units.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 220
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 5/14/2021 7:40:18 PM   
RangerJoe

Here is an interesting and fast upgrade. It is the last one for the USS Colorado. It adds some light AA guns and changes all of the five inch guns of different types to 16 five inch guns of 38 caliber. It also increase the flotation by 4 points and the system by 15 points. It requires a size 35 shipyard. It also needs no time to accomplish! Isn't that nice!

Attachment (1)

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 221
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 5/14/2021 8:34:09 PM   
Nomad

Actually Joe, it does. Since there is damage incurred, it will take time to fix the Damage. But you could sail away right away if you are willing to have some minor damage.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 222
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 5/15/2021 3:32:07 AM   
RangerJoe

Well, considering that the USS Maryland takes 150 days to accomplish a similar result, I find that the fast refit of the USS Colorado to be very nice.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 223
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 5/15/2021 3:49:23 AM   
Nomad

I should also say that it is the same in the not updated scenario 1 and 2. So it is a hold over, not something new.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 224
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 5/15/2021 2:40:21 PM   
RangerJoe

But it is a nice gift to the American Navy!

― Julia Child

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 225
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 5/15/2021 4:45:22 PM   
Nomad

Well of course it is, and much appreciated.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 226
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 7/1/2021 11:56:13 AM   
clamel

Well I took a little closer look at some small ships for the Australian Navy.
The Bathurst class.
Is there a reason why some of them are missing (or just overlooked), actually some of those missed was in key positions at the start of the Pacific war.
Thinking on Bendigo,Burnie,Goulburn and Maryborough that was around Singapore. Also missing is Broome and the class main ship Bathurst itself.
I think even the Armidale is named Arnidale.
Some of the Bathurst-class ships sailed under Indian colors. HMIS Punjab, Bombay,Madras and Bengal.

Not easy getting thousands of ships all in and correct in suh a massive superb game.

If I should think of another ship missing, that went with Langley to Tjilajap when Langley was sunk
The MS Sea Witch (C2 cargo I think) carrying fighters to Java.

https://www.navy.gov.au/hmas-armidale-i

< Message edited by clamel -- 7/1/2021 12:02:35 PM >

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 227
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 7/1/2021 7:03:07 PM   
Kull

Yeah, there's quite a few omissions and just flat out incorrect stuff involving the Naval OOBs. That said, the team got the vast majority of the important ones right.

One reason for the DaBabes mods was to fix exactly this sort of thing. Load up a DaBabesA scenario and you'll see a host of vessels that are absent from AE (although not Sea Witch or the Bendigo squadron at Singapore). I love the addition of all the merchants that were actually on their way to-from Hawaii, plus all the real-life ARDs in various Allied ports, and actual ACMs outside the USA (so all non-West Coast minefields don't start depleting from Day1).

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 228
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 7/1/2021 9:36:15 PM   
clamel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Yeah, there's quite a few omissions and just flat out incorrect stuff involving the Naval OOBs. That said, the team got the vast majority of the important ones right.

One reason for the DaBabes mods was to fix exactly this sort of thing. Load up a DaBabesA scenario and you'll see a host of vessels that are absent from AE (although not Sea Witch or the Bendigo squadron at Singapore). I love the addition of all the merchants that were actually on their way to-from Hawaii, plus all the real-life ARDs in various Allied ports, and actual ACMs outside the USA (so all non-West Coast minefields don't start depleting from Day1).

It's an amasing work to get all that is in already. A few misses is bound to happen.
Haven't looked too long on Editing, but normally can't get my hands on a game without trying something.
Just before digging in, could a couple of added ships in the DB be done without anything else get messed up ?.
Still a newbie so I got a lot to learn, but all you guys have helped a ton with so much info in so many threads.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 229
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 7/1/2021 11:08:15 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: clamel

quote:

It's an amasing work to get all that is in already. A few misses is bound to happen.
Haven't looked too long on Editing, but normally can't get my hands on a game without trying something.
Just before digging in, could a couple of added ships in the DB be done without anything else get messed up ?.
Still a newbie so I got a lot to learn, but all you guys have helped a ton with so much info in so many threads.

Adding new ships is certainly doable, and even more so is fixing things like arrival dates of those which are already present (or due to arrive at some point). So long as you make use of existing classes, the AI won't have any problems with the changes and/or additions, since it "does stuff" based on classes, not individual ships. That's one reason why DaBabes Lite works seamlessly with the existing AI. There's a few mods out there which have done their homework on ship arrivals, for example, "Bottlenecks in the Pacific". So you could use that as a reference.

The problem with many otherwise wonderful mods isn't their accuracy but rather the presence of new classes or ones that shifted to new IDs, and that can break the AI - fine for PBEM, but not solo play.

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 230
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 7/3/2021 8:41:29 AM   
clamel

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: clamel

quote:

Adding new ships is certainly doable, and even more so is fixing things like arrival dates of those which are already present (or due to arrive at some point). So long as you make use of existing classes, the AI won't have any problems with the changes and/or additions, since it "does stuff" based on classes, not individual ships. That's one reason why DaBabes Lite works seamlessly with the existing AI. There's a few mods out there which have done their homework on ship arrivals, for example, "Bottlenecks in the Pacific". So you could use that as a reference.

The problem with many otherwise wonderful mods isn't their accuracy but rather the presence of new classes or ones that shifted to new IDs, and that can break the AI - fine for PBEM, but not solo play.

quote:

I tread lightly in that DB. Know from many that certain things can brake important stuff.
Been editing (even official) OOBs since way back. However detailed an OOB is when released it always can be "imporved" with some tinkering. Just a bit

Big thanks for the info. I will dig into the threads about editing and learn more. Just so late joining this party of taming this Beast of a game.
Big thanks Kull

I tread lightly in that DB. Know from many games that certain things can brake important stuff and the AI must be handled with care. Trusting the originals and AndyMac and will not jeopardice such great work.

Been editing (even official) OOBs since way back. However detailed an OOB is when released it always can be "improved" with some tinkering. Just a bit

Big thanks for the info. I will dig into the threads about editing and learn more. Just so late joining this party of taming this Beast of a game.
Thanks Kull for those spreadsheets on setting a game up. I just might have some Qs (in that thread of course) on your thoughts and why certain things ended up in some places.

And yes that scenario/mod looks good. I can find those ships I mentioned for one, so digging into it and see what I can come up with.
I play mostly vs the AI, and so far only on stockmap, so I will wait a bit before using the mod. But it sure is something. Like the ideas on port/anchorage idea for one.
Found out that the extended map do have some "important" added hexes of land. Subic Bay, the hex below Malacca on top of my head.

< Message edited by clamel -- 7/3/2021 9:01:41 AM >

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 231
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 7/31/2021 8:18:39 PM   
Andy Mac

Thanks

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 232
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 7/31/2021 8:21:21 PM   
Andy Mac

These have been out there for a bit now any playtest feedback ?

I have a few points sent by PBEM ers so far

1. The new bases are great but unless you are willing to fragment a Japanese Bde or Div are tough to garrison so one request I had was to fragment a Japanese late 42 arriving Div or Bde to allow for a few ants for garrison duties in Burma

Any other feedback points ?

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 233
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 7/31/2021 8:38:18 PM   
Andy Mac

My proposal to handle the point made so far is to split the 12th and 18th Garrison Units arriving in Sept 42 into 4 Bn sized sub units giving more rear area garrison options to Japan they can still be combined up to the larger regimental units iof a player wants but it gives a little more garrison options to handle the extra bases

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 234
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 7/31/2021 10:24:15 PM   
Kull

There's another alternative (or, "in addition to"). On 12/28/41, anti-British Burmese formed the "Burma Defence Army" (under Japanese auspices), which initially consisted of a few hundred volunteers in 6 different units. They accompanied the Japanese invasion force, and by March had grown to 10,000+. Although poorly trained and armed, it sounds like the perfect solution for a garrison force. Quickly available, and can be realistically scripted to occupy some of the many new dot bases once they are captured or flip to the Japanese. The Japanese quickly wore out their welcome (as they did everywhere else), so you could even set them all to disband in early '44.

Note: The Japanese don't have a "Burmese Squad" device, but they DO have a "Local Militia" which is every bit as pathetic. That device isn't buildable, so you could either create the BDA units at full size or (better) have them arrive with few cadres but have a "Local Militia" pool so they can grow (but only to the limit set by the number of devices in the pool)

< Message edited by Kull -- 8/2/2021 9:33:08 PM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 235
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 8/3/2021 5:14:20 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

There's another alternative (or, "in addition to"). On 12/28/41, anti-British Burmese formed the "Burma Defence Army" (under Japanese auspices), which initially consisted of a few hundred volunteers in 6 different units. They accompanied the Japanese invasion force, and by March had grown to 10,000+. Although poorly trained and armed, it sounds like the perfect solution for a garrison force. Quickly available, and can be realistically scripted to occupy some of the many new dot bases once they are captured or flip to the Japanese. The Japanese quickly wore out their welcome (as they did everywhere else), so you could even set them all to disband in early '44.

Note: The Japanese don't have a "Burmese Squad" device, but they DO have a "Local Militia" which is every bit as pathetic. That device isn't buildable, so you could either create the BDA units at full size or (better) have them arrive with few cadres but have a "Local Militia" pool so they can grow (but only to the limit set by the number of devices in the pool)

I like this idea. I am finding having to garrison every little base a little too much micro...

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 236
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 8/18/2021 8:23:44 PM   
Tanaka

Hi Andy about to start a new PBEM with your scenario 1. Will you be making any changes soon? Just curious if we should wait first...

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 237
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 8/19/2021 7:52:19 PM   
Andy Mac

I have 2 small changes to make

1.l a few burma milita bns in 43 - I didnt think when I added the extra dot bases about the impact on japanese need for garrisons I hate 'ant' units in 43+ but in this case 4 weak bns of burmese militia are not going to break the engine and are probably needed
2. I have an aircraft art pointer wrong

Both are really minor and you dont need to wait for them

I have an AI update as well but waiting on more feedback and it wont impact on PBEM

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 238
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 8/20/2021 3:02:56 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

I have 2 small changes to make

1.l a few burma milita bns in 43 - I didnt think when I added the extra dot bases about the impact on japanese need for garrisons I hate 'ant' units in 43+ but in this case 4 weak bns of burmese militia are not going to break the engine and are probably needed
2. I have an aircraft art pointer wrong

Both are really minor and you dont need to wait for them

I have an AI update as well but waiting on more feedback and it wont impact on PBEM

Thanks will it be possible to update the game with these changes as we play? Or will it break the game?

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 8/22/2021 9:14:15 PM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 239
RE: Updated Scen 1 and 2 - 8/21/2021 8:39:04 PM   
Andy Mac

I would start without them they are seriously not material

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Moltrey Mod for Kull's Allied Setup Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI