Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Distant Worlds 2 -- Autumn release date (hopefully)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: Distant Worlds 2 -- Autumn release date (hopefully) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Distant Worlds 2 -- Autumn release date (hopefully) - 8/23/2021 10:08:54 PM   
FlashXAron_slith

I really hope it will not be such disaster like that Humankind, already boring after the 3rd 600 turn game .
Shadow Empire wasn't good either ...

Better release it even later and include all features we had in DW

so better waiting than upset again with a new game

(in reply to scotten_usa)
Post #: 31
RE: Distant Worlds 2 -- Autumn release date (hopefully) - 8/23/2021 10:24:14 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

We are already getting nearly all the features it took almost a decade of updates to get in DWU sans some of the more labor intensive like converting all the old races and certain features like pirate play both of which are said to be planned for future updates pending how successful sales are. But on day one we should get a feature rich experience and with modding also being included you can bet that more races will be added fairly soon. I will assume that there will be options for static images in place of the animations so modders can more easily create useable content. If that is included in the modding support then porting over the race packs from DWU should be fairly straightforward with whatever modifications to stats are needed for the new mechanics. Plus who knows what can be done feature wise on the modding side since the bacon mod for DWU added things even the devs were like whoa you can do that?

(in reply to FlashXAron_slith)
Post #: 32
RE: Distant Worlds 2 -- Autumn release date (hopefully) - 8/24/2021 12:31:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webbco
Another 2 weeks have passed since the last diary. Can we look forward to the next instalment this week?

I'm told it will be posted for the public tomorrow (Wednesday).

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 33
RE: Distant Worlds 2 -- Autumn release date (hopefully) - 8/24/2021 7:43:09 PM   
Colwolf77

I'm super excited! I check this forum everyday looking for snippets of anything new to do with my favourite game

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 34
RE: Distant Worlds 2 -- Autumn release date (hopefully) - 10/2/2021 7:37:59 AM   
drillerman

Hi Erik,

Any news on release yet?

I’m assuming the reason it’s a bit quiet is because you guys are just putting the final touches to the game😁

Huh?

(in reply to Colwolf77)
Post #: 35
RE: Distant Worlds 2 -- Autumn release date (hopefully) - 10/2/2021 8:07:32 AM   
StormingKiwi

quote:

ORIGINAL: drillerman

Hi Erik,

Any news on release yet?

I’m assuming the reason it’s a bit quiet is because you guys are just putting the final touches to the game😁

I think the reason is far more likely to be that limited resources and priorities, particularly when it comes to Marketing, are affecting the delivery of news to customers for this particular product in the Slitherine/Matrix catalogue. It is fairly frustrating.

(in reply to drillerman)
Post #: 36
RE: Distant Worlds 2 -- Autumn release date (hopefully) - 10/5/2021 3:30:22 PM   
deMangler

Lately, I have not had the time to play any games - even really good ones and have not been able to work on my hobby projects, due to Real Life reasons.
Now, day by day, hour by hour, Real Life is getting dimmer. Fading.
All I can think of is, DW2.... DW2.... DW2....
DW2...

(in reply to scotten_usa)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: Distant Worlds 2 -- Autumn release date (hopefully) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI