Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 2:12:41 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 End of turn (turn 6 is with the Soviets now)

North & Center Front shown without Units.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 241
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 2:14:00 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Center Front shown without Units.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 242
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 2:14:40 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

South Front shown without Units.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 243
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 2:16:59 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 End of Turn

Air losses

Attachment (1)

Post #: 244
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 2:22:46 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 End of Turn

Ground Losses

I barely got over 155k losses. Fighting against the Soviet replacement rate is like trying to hold back a Tsunami of water with a bucket.

I still have to go through the 340,000ish reserves, the replacement divisions for the turn, and any divisions he transfers over using enhanced TB. I don't believe the Germans are making enough ammunition to deal with the problem adequately...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 245
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 2:24:20 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 End of Turn

OOB

Attachment (1)

Post #: 246
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 2:32:19 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 End of Turn

Reflections

I am after Soviet units 1st and foremost. It is an en-devour I am almost surely to lose but going to try anyway. 2nd objective is Moscow. Also I want to note that I am putting a very large emphasis on connecting my rail at a slower pace to advancing. I also emphasis connecting level 2 railyards as a priority. Seen here is my rail in the south going to connect the Southern rail out of Romania with the one out of Germany. This will complete the Odessa link next turn and will then re-pick up the dual rail towards Kiev. The Romania FBD will link up the two level 2 railyards between Lvov and Chernovtsy. This was one of my AD-HOC-Musings while I was away from the game. Will see how this works out :)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 247
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 2:38:35 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 End of Turn

Reflection 2 on Center rail

Rail in Center. Will finish off the redundancy from Vitsbek to Polotsk then use that FBD elsewhere. The other FBD at Vitsbek will start towards Smolensk next turn.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 248
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 5:02:13 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

???Question???

What would everyone like to see?

1. More real time moves?
2. Less real time moves?
3. Just the overview of the battlefield?
4. Or, HLYA just stop posting period.

I am open to see what others would like to see more or less of.

Thank you in advance for any feedback

Post #: 249
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 5:07:58 PM   
OberGeneral

I love seeing the real time moves. that and your musings are
very interesting.

Post #: 250
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 5:10:35 PM   
Jango32

What I want is simple, Axis victory.

(in reply to OberGeneral)
Post #: 251
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 5:15:06 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: OberGeneral

I love seeing the real time moves. that and your musings are
very interesting.

Thank you for your reply. My musings don't always pan out but a great many do have nice benefits :) I am curious how linking all the rail line will pan out :) Thank you for the vote on real time moves.

(in reply to OberGeneral)
Post #: 252
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 5:18:03 PM   
Jango32

For a more serious reply, real time moves are fine. I am also fine with musings on the game, I think the main benefit of AARs is to gain insight into the game's mechanics and strategies.

Post #: 253
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 5:21:04 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jango32

What I want is simple, Axis victory.

Me too! But I can't win until 1944 at the earliest :( But I can try and inflict as much pain as I can while I can. Playing the "No Early End" scenario is going to drag the game all the way to then. On top of that Jubjub is a very good Soviet player & making my life very difficult.

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 254
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 5:34:54 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

For a more serious reply, real time moves are fine. I am also fine with musings on the game, I think the main benefit of AARs is to gain insight into the game's mechanics and strategies.

Excellent point.

Here was another musing that I had which I implemented in this game. Notice how I am advancing double stacked units? Not rushing gives the Soviets fewer attacks of opportunity. Maybe this will work maybe it won't but good defense and reserves set up to counter Soviet attacks. Plus Soviets are staying close to my supply lines :) Which is a good thing since I got in 3 good hits(5 attacks in total) with Inf Divisions and that is what you want to do. This won't prevent attacks but will make them think twice.

Notice the Slovakian Inf Division in the Picture. I sent a Rumanian Division in it place for withdraw. The Slovakian Division is superior in all ways so decided to substitute to the Soviet Garrison.

Starting this turn I start protecting the Romanians since they and other minors seem to be a target of the Soviets. Now Romanians will be stacked with Germans or have high Experience and Morale on their own. Will see how that works out.

Please note that I also think that SEC Division is Motorized if I remember correctly. But a Soviet player can answer that one to be certain. Thus I make sure to block any movement into my line because of that.

Soviets also full CCP (well rested) and seem to be maxxed out on TOE, except for Mech and/or Armor. Which when surrounded makes very juicy targets. Do continue.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/23/2021 5:59:25 PM >

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 255
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 5:41:50 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

This was one of the battles from above posting.

I will take this kind of attack all day long with Soviets staying close. Now you know why Soviets keep a distance ;-) Plus I am pretty sure this Mech Division was used in an attack against the Romanians.

My supply depot is only 6 hexes away too :) Please stay close again next turn.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/23/2021 5:46:42 PM >

Post #: 256
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 6:01:59 PM   
erikbengtsson

I enjoy all kind of updates, and your constant thoughts about the game too!:)

Post #: 257
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 6:07:21 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: erikbengtsson

I enjoy all kind of updates, and your constant thoughts about the game too!:)

Great! Thank you for that.

I am constantly thinking about things about the game. But always willing to add more or take out things the community would like, or not like, to see.

(in reply to erikbengtsson)
Post #: 258
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 8:32:28 PM   
Jango32

I was thinking that maybe you could assign the RFSS motorized brigades as support units to the Slovakian mobile division or the Romanian tank division, to make them useful in combat.

Post #: 259
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 9:02:04 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

I was thinking that maybe you could assign the RFSS motorized brigades as support units to the Slovakian mobile division or the Romanian tank division, to make them useful in combat.

I actually put the GrossDeutschland Regiment, the 1st RFSS brigade and the 2nd RFSS brigade as SU's in the DAS Reich. It is all about the Reich you know. Makes one powerful pipe hitter when I get closer to Moscow. (the 900 Lehr is a nice SU too btw)

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 260
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 9:06:07 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

I actually put the GrossDeutschland Regiment, the 1st RFSS brigade and the 2nd RFSS brigade as SU's in the DAS Reich. It is all about the Reich you know. Makes one powerful pipe hitter when I get closer to Moscow. (the 900 Lehr is a nice SU too btw)

The Slovakian Division can stand on its own once the Soviets get the Sept nerf hit in the game. The Romanian Armor is well Romanian and non reliable even with German SU's I feel. Great idea but too iffy for me :(

Post #: 261
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/23/2021 10:30:39 PM   
Hardradi

quote:

Please note that I also think that SEC Division is Motorized if I remember correctly. But a Soviet player can answer that one to be certain. Thus I make sure to block any movement into my line because of that.

I think it might be the 23rd Motorised. Seen some high CVs on it when fighting with and against it.

quote:

Turn 6 End of Turn

Reflections
Seen here is my rail in the south going to connect the Southern rail out of Romania with the one out of Germany. This will complete the Odessa link next turn and will then re-pick up the dual rail towards Kiev. The Romania FBD will link up the two level 2 railyards between Lvov and Chernovtsy. This was one of my AD-HOC-Musings while I was away from the game. Will see how this works out :)

Not clear what you are doing here are you able to provide a full overview at this stage?

Post #: 262
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/24/2021 1:15:58 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hardradi

quote:

I think it might be the 23rd Motorised. Seen some high CVs on it when fighting with and against it.

quote:

Turn 6 End of Turn

Reflections
Seen here is my rail in the south going to connect the Southern rail out of Romania with the one out of Germany. This will complete the Odessa link next turn and will then re-pick up the dual rail towards Kiev. The Romania FBD will link up the two level 2 railyards between Lvov and Chernovtsy. This was one of my AD-HOC-Musings while I was away from the game. Will see how this works out :)

Not clear what you are doing here are you able to provide a full overview at this stage?

@#1 = I am pretty sure it is motorized.

@#2 = Once I get the turn back I will show what I am trying to do. Basically redundancy in the rail network and level 2 railyards to move more freight.

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 263
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/24/2021 1:18:39 AM   
jubjub

quote:

It is. It's a great unit until it gets trashed.

Post #: 264
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/24/2021 1:25:24 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: jubjub

quote:

It is. It's a great unit until it gets trashed.

That is a sneaker unit if a new German player doesn't realize it has high MP's.

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 265
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/24/2021 2:28:20 AM   
Hardradi

quote:

@#2 = Once I get the turn back I will show what I am trying to do. Basically redundancy in the rail network and level 2 railyards to move more freight.

Cheers

quote:

That is a sneaker unit if a new German player doesn't realize it has high MP's.

And a high CV. It single handedly kept me out of Kiev.

Post #: 266
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/26/2021 4:40:14 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

I looked at the turn for hours last night not moving a damn thing, lol. Anyone else every do this?

Anyway some numbers.

I figure roughly the Soviets should have on the map and in the Reserves, 168 Rifle Division, 17 Mech Div, 32 Cav division and 30ish Tank Division. I would give each of those categories +/- 5-8 divisions each to be on the safe side.(only dealing in rough estimates, I may decide to map the whole damn thing out for accuracy) There is currently 110ish hexes from North to South to be covered by defense Most of the battlefield is covered with units except for the woods/swamps north of VL by the Soviets. Of course the Soviets retreat on most of the map which benefits them having the Assault HQ's in the right place since the Germans really only can fight those units :(. Thus MUCH LOWER losses to Soviets being high CCP, well supplied, and all the other crap. Now, the Soviets have one last turn of significant reinforcements on turn 10 and the rest is pretty minor. If I can continue the rate of 8+ Divisions a turn goobled up I believe I will be in good shape for winter which should be about 2.5 million to 3 million in Soviet losses by Turn 17ish. On top of the 8+ Divisions(non CAV divisions that is) I want to keep above the Soviet replacement rate every turn on losses to the Soviets. Staying above the replacement rate forces those replacements to go into units which will further deteriorate their experience and morale from the high morale they have at the start. I will just attack everything I can on the map where and when I can to cause losses. The Luftwaffe will start showing up now that my supply is getting better per turn. Will start going after the Soviet Fighters and more bombing of Soviet units for more losses to them.

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/26/2021 4:43:48 PM >

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 267
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/26/2021 4:45:51 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Yes, I am still staring at the turn but won't be able to do anything until late tonight if at all. Have work meetings and then the Realator will be here at 6 :(. Fun times.

Post #: 268
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/26/2021 4:46:21 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

Yes, I am still staring at the turn but won't be able to do anything until late tonight if at all. Have work meetings and then the Realator will be here at 6 :(. Fun times.

Haven't moved off the Air phase, lol.

Post #: 269
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/26/2021 7:47:30 PM   
Jango32

quote:

I looked at the turn for hours last night not moving a damn thing, lol. Anyone else every do this?

I am on turn 23 in a singleplayer game against the AI on normal difficulty. Suffice to say I've been doing it a lot ever since the heavy mud turns.

Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI