Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bug Reporting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> RE: Bug Reporting Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bug Reporting - 8/15/2015 9:13:39 AM   
RedLancer

Have you looked at the link in post 26? Sound compatibility is the most common problem with CTD.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to George Patton)
Post #: 31
RE: Bug Reporting - 8/15/2015 11:25:21 AM   
George Patton

Oh, thanks. Now it seems working.

Post #: 32
RE: Bug Reporting - 10/14/2015 3:25:52 PM   
Kronolog

I think I found a small bug/error. Probably not worth starting a new thread for it.

The 1st Gillingham BR static mixed AA regiment isn't actually static. It can be moved from the UK Home Forces HQ like any normal AA-unit.

Post #: 33
East Front Not working right in Torch? - 11/21/2015 8:38:46 PM   
joliverlay

I have tested to see if the Axis could slow the advance of the Russians.

I have been playing extensively in Torch using the 4th Supreme Command scenario. As soon as possible I move sufficient forces into the East Front Box (Air Units) and repair them regularly (before they needed it) that I have sufficient forces to be above the "stable" amount from the first bad weather turns in the game until just before the Allied Invasion in Northern Europe. I expect to have a hard time in the West because I have removed almost no ground forces (just 2 destroyed infantry divisions). However I am quite sorry to see that my much larger than historical East Front forces (Including extra HQs) in the enhanced scenario have the Russians within only a few hexes of Warsaw and one hex from cutting off the Baltic states.

The point is, I think the mechanic is broken. I'm loosing ground faster when the forces in the EF box are larger. I expect my losses may be lower, but I'm loosing ground much more quickly than historical.

(in reply to Kronolog)
Post #: 34
Windows 10 issues - 4/9/2016 10:17:31 PM   
fifthva

War in the West and War in the East go unresponsive when I use the shortcut. The air portion of War in the West will not launch after setting the missions.

Post #: 35
RE: Bug Reporting - 5/31/2016 9:13:01 PM   
jtareb1

Not sure if this is a bug, a data base error, or just the way its supposed to be but CW armor runs out of Sherman 3 and 5's by fall of 44. Both tanks stop production in 43 and the TOE for Canadian and Polish armor doesn't call for a change to the Cromwell or anything else. It might affect Brit armor as well.

Post #: 36
RE: Bug Reporting - 5/31/2016 10:01:55 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: jtareb1

Not sure if this is a bug, a data base error, or just the way its supposed to be but CW armor runs out of Sherman 3 and 5's by fall of 44. Both tanks stop production in 43 and the TOE for Canadian and Polish armor doesn't call for a change to the Cromwell or anything else. It might affect Brit armor as well.

Best to start a separate thread just for this. Are you seeing this problem in the 43-45 campaign game? Can you post a save? They should swap into other tanks if they are out of what they prefer, but only if there's a lot of something in the pool. Are these tanks no longer importing from other tank types once they reach their out of production date? In my AI vs AI tests I'm not seeing a shortage, as both pools still have hundreds of tanks as of Dec 44. Also, you might end up with a British/Canadian manpower shortage that is preventing some tanks from getting into your units. Just guessing though, a save would be good to look at.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to jtareb1)
Post #: 37
RE: Bug Reporting - 6/7/2016 9:53:27 PM   
TomJoh66

Sorry to do this as a reply to someone else's thread -- I can't figure out how to start a new thread. But.. I just bought the game and started, and I'm finding that it doesn't show the saved games. When I exit the Husky scenario, having saved it as, for example Turn 3, the game can't find it when I reload. The save file is in the SAV folder under a folder called Introductory Scenario - Operation Husky (2), but when I hit the Load Saved Game button on the opening screen, all I see is .\save\, and the game says it can't open that. Anyone have a thought?

Thanks
Tom Johnson (Tomjoh66)

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 38
Bug Reporting - 6/9/2016 9:38:59 PM   
goodpoints

1943 I FF Corps commander is misspelled, it should be Henry Martin not "Henri Martin". (yes, it's an atypical French spelling)

can't post a link because of the post limit but "Henry Jules Jean Maurice Martin" is his full name

< Message edited by goodpoints -- 6/9/2016 9:41:35 PM >

(in reply to TomJoh66)
Post #: 39
RE: Bug Reporting - 6/19/2016 10:46:23 AM   
RedLancer

Henry spelling fixed for next version.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to goodpoints)
Post #: 40
RE: Bug Reporting - 3/3/2017 7:23:30 AM   
Tom 1

Hallo,

I found one minor thing in the Tunisia 1943 scenario.
The 25th BR Tank Brigade is using the soviet Churchill IV.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 41
RE: Bug Reporting - 3/3/2017 11:24:01 AM   
Denniss

Thanks for reporting, will look into it, some FF units also have ROM/HUN/GER guns.

(in reply to Tom 1)
Post #: 42
RE: Bug Reporting - 7/4/2020 4:21:49 PM   
dmtheo59

Steam version.

I've been away from game for a few months. Tried to play today. The game launches to the opening Interface, then when I click the start button, the game will open in a window with sound but the window screen is blank. All drivers on computer are up to date. The game is up to date. I ran Steam's integrity check, all is fine.

I ran across some threads with others having same issue and no one had a fix only a work around...select ESC key until the main menu comes up...this did work. But would like to have it fixed.

I have WitE and the same thing happens.

PS, love the game!

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 43
RE: Bug Reporting - 11/19/2020 10:21:14 PM   
GeneralDad

I mis-clicked something and a British static division joined in the Normandy beach invasion - landing in France.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 44
RE: Bug Reporting - 8/16/2021 9:00:38 PM   
kentkroeckel

I just recently had to quit a campaign game on turn 8 due to Axis depots changing to Zero. Some depots started to change on turn 3 and by turn 8 all depots were switching to 0. I reinstalled game to see if that was the problem but still had it happen again on second game attempt. I resigned on turn 3. My opponent and me both have the most recent version 1.02.59 installed. In this second attempted game all depots located in Sicily are at Zero along with a few in Germany and France. They are all ports too, except for two. I had not created any new depots on this second game but still had this problem. Interestingly, all the changed depots register complete emptiness. Only the black bar of capacity is present. I have screen saved examples of the second game on Germany's turn 3. I have run a test game on my own computer to turn 4 as single player and hot seat with no problem. Only when turn-data is sent to Matrix server does something happen. I submitted a tech order but they recommend for me to go to this bug forum. I am at a loss as to what to do.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kentkroeckel -- 8/16/2021 9:17:08 PM >

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 45
RE: Bug Reporting - 8/16/2021 9:13:30 PM   
kentkroeckel

[image][/image] I guess I can only put one picture per post so here is second picture of Sicily depots on Axis turn 3.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kentkroeckel -- 8/16/2021 9:23:38 PM >

(in reply to kentkroeckel)
Post #: 46
RE: Bug Reporting - 8/16/2021 9:26:47 PM   
kentkroeckel

[image][/image]My third post for my third screen save. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I hope so in this case. This screen shot is of two land depots that have been switched to 0 in France. Paris being one of them.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kentkroeckel -- 8/16/2021 9:31:14 PM >

(in reply to kentkroeckel)
Post #: 47
RE: Bug Reporting - 8/17/2021 4:11:10 PM   
kentkroeckel

Hello Mr. Red Lancer and thank you. I have good news! I still have the game on Germany's turn 3. I believe I had not moved and done a save with the turn, yet I could be wrong. I will send a save of it right now to you. By the way, this has never happened before to me. The multi player has always been reliable. Also, be aware that I am not computer savoy; just the basics. Yet as far as WiTW is concerned I do have a good grasp of rules so that is why I was surprised to see depots changing priority on their own. I think more telling though, is that all the changed depots were completely void of supply or movement of supply. The only item remaining was the black capacity bar. That seems to indicate more than just a change of priority, removal of supply from the game.

I have sent the save turn to the server. It is 1943-1945 campaign multi player with normal options & preferences. Only item not active is "EF active." Player name for Axis is myself "Kent Kroeckel" real name. My opponent is "Uteman58" real name Stan Mitchell. I will be sending the save for the game on August 17, 10:00 am Mountain time USA; which is -6 hours on your clock for Matrix Games I think. I do not know if you need all the details of the game to locate it on the server but I want to make sure you have all that I can provide. Thank you for your help in this mysterious problem. E-mail is kentkroeckel@earthlink.net phone is 303-548-1571

< Message edited by kentkroeckel -- 8/17/2021 4:13:19 PM >

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 48
RE: Bug Reporting - Cologne on the wrong side of the Rhine - 8/17/2021 4:50:43 PM   
kentkroeckel

Hello again Mr. Red Lancer. A quick update. I sent the game save for Germany's turn 3, which is still an active challenge. And then I thought; maybe, I could send the resigned game by Uteman58. This challenge ended on turn 8 and is the first game where German depot changing and disappearing supply was observed. The server said it saved it so there might be both games there for you. I have included a screen shot of German depots from turn 8 of the first game. I hope this will be of some assistance.Sincerely, Kent Kroeckel.[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kentkroeckel -- 8/17/2021 4:53:10 PM >

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 49
RE: Bug Reporting - 8/25/2021 6:24:31 AM   
kentkroeckel

I think I need pest control Ha. I apparently have stumbled onto another code bug. I started game #4 with Uteman58 on Sunday. Same setup; that being, I am Axis and Uteman58 is Allies. All options are active with exception of (East Front Control) active. There was absolutely no use of instant messaging in this game due to concerns of " " issue. There had also been a three day separation of any games retired from and started, since on game #3 it pulled instant messaging from the previous game. That I believe was due to having a game retired from and started on the same day with the same players. This brings me to game #4. Due to all the challenges of starting a campaign game, I decided to maximize Axis naval interdiction by utilizing Italian air HQ's. A risky endeavor indeed! As you know, the minimum of any HQ is four air missions. Of course those with high air command along with high administration can do more. I was able to get 71 air missions on map. Yet I did notice many orange lines appearing between air HQ's and their bases when I got above 60. I believe the system was overwhelmed and this could have triggered what happened next. Depots in Sicily, some in mainland Italy, and some depots in Germany flipped to 0 again. Almost all of depots are ports and are the same ones that changed previously due to " " being used. The game is active on turn 3 for Germany, which is the first turn from the server for Germany after Axis have had an opportunity to move pieces and conduct a turn sequence. I have not moved any units or conducted any action on this turn so you will be able to see what came back to Germany after server processed Allied turn. I sent a save at 12:00 am my time, Mountain so with daylight savings I believe it is -6 hours UTC time. I have also included a screen shot of naval interdiction and the added orange lines.
[image][/image]
Sincerely, Kent Kroeckel,

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kentkroeckel -- 8/25/2021 6:48:46 AM >

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 50
RE: Bug Reporting - 8/26/2021 3:52:13 PM   
uteman58

I am referencing the current bug report from KentKroeckel. Reviewing the phase sequence leads me to think the axis logistics is processed on my local cpu before saving to the game server. Is this correct?
My PC specs:
i7 2.6GHz
16Gb RAM

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 51
RE: Bug Reporting - 8/26/2021 6:40:16 PM   
kentkroeckel

Hello Mr. Red Lancer I hope your day is going better than mine. Just a thought of a simple cure for the Axis flipping depots to 0; purge all four games from Server. There are 3 in resign status and 1 active. I think this could remove any connection to " " problem. I would then remove server information on my PC data save. I think this might work. Sincerely, Kent Kroeckel.

< Message edited by kentkroeckel -- 8/26/2021 7:14:10 PM >

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 52
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> RE: Bug Reporting Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI