Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/13/2008 3:06:12 AM   
GaryChildress

The latest on my work...

I'm still trying to gather information on the composition of Ranger and Airborne teams myself. I haven't had much luck yet. I've placed my inquiry in several pertinent gaming and military history forums. I hope to have some more concrete teams layed out soon. As it stands the teams I have are pretty generic.

(in reply to VDV)
Post #: 61
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/16/2008 6:18:37 AM   
GaryChildress

Check your PM inbox Spinel and your e-mail VDV. I've sent what I hope is the final update on the Ranger and Airborne teams.

3 files were modified; weapons.txt, soldiers.txt, blueteams.txt

Basically 5 new teams were added to blueteams.txt:

1. Ranger A fire team (5 men including squad leader)
2. Ranger AT team (2 men; Carl Gustav 84mm ATW)
3. Ranger M-24 sniper team (2 men)
4. Ranger M-107 sniper team (2 men)
5. Airborne A fire team (5 men, including squad leader)

One soldier was added to soldiers.txt:

84mm Carl Gustav / M4A1 carbine

One weapon was added to weapons.txt:

84mm Carl Gustav

EDIT: Sorry VDV, I tried your e-mail and it didn't go through so I'll PM the files to you.

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 7/16/2008 6:39:31 AM >

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 62
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/16/2008 1:19:11 PM   
spinel

So here's the latest version (7/16), with all of Gary's changes (along with some new morale/experience values)!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mt0o3deuoe3

(Just like last time, if it downloads as a .ccm.zip, rename it to .ccm.)

Gary, I have change the sound of the Carl Gustav and the names of a squad or two but otherwise everything is kept as is.

Post #: 63
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 7/16/2008 1:51:44 PM   
spinel

quote:

EDIT: Sorry VDV, I tried your e-mail and it didn't go through so I'll PM the files to you.

VDV, I've emailed you as well, but if you don't get it please PM us. I think we might be having trouble with interpreting what is your exact email address based on what you wrote.

Post #: 64
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 8/7/2008 9:30:26 AM   
spinel

It's been a while since there's an update , and here's the latest version of the Community mod (8/7):

http://www.mediafire.com/?0r1mnf0kw4x

Since the last version all vehicle speeds have been totally changed. In the original game the speeds are (in my opinion) somewhat weird, where for instance the Bradley has a higher maximum speed than a pickup truck and so forth. The methodology of the changes were as follows:

> All speeds (where available) taken from globalsecurity.org;
> Otherwise speeds (particularly those of trucks) are taken from Wikipedia and assorted sites;
> Maximum speeds of cars are set at 100 mph and of pickups and jeep-type vehicles at 80 mph;
> With the ratios of speeds thus established, the vehicles.txt speed are then calibrated around the original value of "433" for the Landrover.

The result is a significantly lower speed for almost every vehicle, but (in my opinion) a superior ratio of speeds for the vehicles. Nonetheless, the calibration of "433" for the Landrover might not yield a fair value of speed when compared to walking or running infantry, so do tell me if you think that's unfair.

Next up to be changed would be amphibious capability for vehicles (e.g. PT-76, BMP-2, LAV-25) that do possess that capability and maybe possibly also the accelerations.

Anyway, does anyone know much about infantry weapons to fix the data in that line? I am much more familiar with the vehicles and the mod could greatly benefit from a fix of those weapon stats ....

< Message edited by spinel -- 8/7/2008 9:31:44 AM >

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 65
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 10/25/2008 12:53:06 AM   
VDV

Sorry I have been MIA for sometime now as work and life tends to get in the way of fun. Did not stop me from working on the VDV mod for the game though or tweaking the data of the game over the past few months.

VDV (Afghan to Georgia conflict) mod for this game is about 80% complete with only some additional graphics details to take care of.

Additionally I have started work on another mod "Firestorm in the Balkans" which will be a primarily infantry combat mod focusing on the Croatian independence wars and Bosnian conflict between 1991 to 1995. I want to focus this mod toward Infantry tactics so will very much reduce the Armor and heavy equipment influence which in reality was not all that heavily used in the Balkans conflict. Still working on some fun stuff for it though such as a number of improvised APCs based on trucks and tractors. Units are based on actual ones and will include all types of authorized and informal mobilizations that happened in this conflict.

Spinel and Gary I'll send you both my VDV workbook as well as a couple of my graphics changes to add into the community mod. I did change a lot of the data regarding Soviet and russian equipment and changed some graphics (did also add some of your vehicle changes spinel). I'll let you guys pick out what you want to include into this or discard. VDV mod changed a great deal of the game so to not bloat the community mod it will need to be slimed down a bit with only representative unit types being used. I'll contact you both by PM with my E-mail which I guess was not well written last time through..

Attachment (1)

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 66
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 10/25/2008 12:57:55 AM   
VDV

Another VDV screen shot...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to VDV)
Post #: 67
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 10/26/2008 11:15:30 AM   
spinel

Thanks, VDV! Check your PM!

(in reply to VDV)
Post #: 68
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 2/4/2009 2:26:30 PM   
rwo

any news on this matter? and also what's the latest version of spinel's mod?

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 69
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 2/11/2009 5:55:18 AM   
spinel

Hi, rwo,

Thanks for your interest!

I have hesitated to put up the latest version because I was hoping to get more updates from VDV. But since I haven't heard back from him for months, I might as well put up this "candidate" version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mkfz42rjyzz

I have been trying to incorporate (a lot of) changes from him in regards to the infantry squads, weapons, and solider types. I have managed to put in all the changes to the "blue" squads but I need to check with him on the "red" squads.

Hopefully I will get something from him sometime and that would really help.

Enjoy!

(By the way, do you have suggestions? They are always welcome. )

(in reply to rwo)
Post #: 70
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 2/11/2009 10:13:22 AM   
rwo

Hello!
I'll download it as soon as I get home and let'u know what i think.
About sugestions, well i would like to see both US, UK and russian forces one the blue team, and the "bad guys" (variousterrorist, rebels, insurgents, whatever) on the red team, so this way we would be able to simulate stuff, like peace-keeping missions and so on, but not sure that's possible.
Apart from that I really enjoyed your mod, it does change the gameplay.

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 71
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 2/12/2009 10:27:04 PM   
rwo

Sorry, but I can't download that file. I get an error message when I try to...Can you try a different server maybe?

(in reply to rwo)
Post #: 72
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 2/13/2009 3:45:51 PM   
spinel

Hi, RWO,

Thanks! Give this a try:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDXCE6WJ

If that doesn't work, give me a PM.

(in reply to rwo)
Post #: 73
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 2/13/2009 9:36:05 PM   
rwo

Just tried it. Loook nice with the Rangers and all, plus the Abkhazian and Osetian troops, but it need some fine tunning, especially the weapons used by the russians. There are some mix-ups in there.

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 74
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 2/13/2009 10:47:12 PM   
spinel

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwo

Just tried it. Loook nice with the Rangers and all, plus the Abkhazian and Osetian troops, but it need some fine tunning, especially the weapons used by the russians. There are some mix-ups in there.

Thanks for trying it out!

Actually, if you have time and are willing to help, would you mind giving the weapons.txt a look over? I really don't know much about the infantry weapons stats ... I'm better with the vehicles (and maybe even drawing them). If you could help fix them and send it to me via PM, I would love to integrate the changes into the mod.

(If you don't like the tank guns statistics though, there's little that can be done about it. The game doesn't make any distinction between HEAT and AP resistance in the vehicle armor, so I am forced to adopt entirely unrealistic values to "compensate" for it. Until a game patch comes out that fixes this, I don't see any good way around it. )

(in reply to rwo)
Post #: 75
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 2/14/2009 11:22:56 AM   
rwo

yeah, sure I'll try to help you with the infantry weapons.

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 76
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 2/22/2009 4:21:08 AM   
spinel

Here's the latest update (2/21/2009) of the mod:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L55UJAW6

Vehicles like the LAV. BTR, and BMPs are now made amphibious! Something can finally be done about the mysterious, inaccessible off-shore victory points ....

If you find that the AI reacts badly to this, or if you find I made a vehicle amphbious when it's not supposed to be or vice versa, please post here and let me know.

(Sidenote: It's actually possible to implement brown water navy units into the mod. If any enterprising soul is willing to help draw the graphics for them, it would be lovely to insert them into the game?)

< Message edited by spinel -- 2/22/2009 4:25:41 AM >

(in reply to rwo)
Post #: 77
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 3/1/2009 4:26:40 PM   
VDV

Sorry man I have been stupidly insane busy as of late... I E-mailed you the changes I made. Still though we do need someone to take on non-Russian / Eastern weapons.... I fixed all the opfor stuff to reasonable levels.

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 78
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 3/6/2009 6:14:28 AM   
spinel

Thanks much, VDV!

Here's the latest version (3/4/2009) of the mod:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZMP1YW2W

I have incorporated VDV's update of the infantry and weapon stats. The next version will have the other vehicles (BMD) that he has added as well! [I need to figure out their amphibious status first.]

Anyone who can contribute changes (especially to the Western weapons) to the weapons.txt please help! And as always, suggestions are always welcome.

(in reply to VDV)
Post #: 79
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 3/6/2009 6:46:08 PM   
VDV

All the BMD varients, the BTR-D (minus ZD) varients and 2S9 Nona are amphibious.

While the base vehicle for the BTR-ZD is amphibious I do not think it would be used as such in the configuration I have it. Weight of the transported ZU-23-2 toward the rear of the vehicle would likely throw it off balance and affect buoyancy. I have never seen nor heard of this ersatz system being used as an amphibious vehicle.

Another thing: I have not looked into it but is there something in the elements file that would slow down the speed of an Amphibious vehicle? These things are pretty darn slow moving through water and this is a handicap that should be modeled...

< Message edited by VDV -- 3/6/2009 6:49:51 PM >

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 80
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 3/7/2009 5:33:05 AM   
spinel

Hi, VDV, thanks for the information!

I have currently set the vehicles to be 10 to 13 times slower in water than on paved road. Do you think it should be even slower? With the way it is set up now, it is a trivial modification to the elements.txt.

And yes, I agree that the ZU-23-4 one shouldn't go in the water. I doubt the crew would want to do that anyway even if it could.

< Message edited by spinel -- 3/7/2009 6:58:17 AM >

(in reply to VDV)
Post #: 81
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 3/7/2009 6:57:42 AM   
spinel

Here's the latest version of the mod! The BMD vehicles are now incorporated as well.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YFGQEZ1Y

Enjoy and please report problems!

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 82
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 1/12/2011 8:28:16 AM   
rwo

Hello!
Any more news/updates on this great mod? Started playing MT lately and I've remembered this forum....

(in reply to spinel)
Post #: 83
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 8/26/2021 7:00:26 PM   
bradinggs

Any where to find these mods anymore? Thanks.

(in reply to rwo)
Post #: 84
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 8/27/2021 10:24:35 AM   
SchnelleMeyer

Hi bradinggs, I will take a look in my files.

(in reply to bradinggs)
Post #: 85
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 8/27/2021 8:51:01 PM   
bradinggs

Thank you SchnelleMeyer, much appreciated.

(in reply to SchnelleMeyer)
Post #: 86
RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR - 12/17/2021 1:18:37 PM   
SchnelleMeyer

Hi again brandinggs and everyone else wanting to DL this mod.
I did find it in my old files and have uploaded it here for everyone: https://www.mediafire.com/file/oy3c7zm3qd0gm2i/Files_VDV_CCMT_03-23-09.zip/file

The credits of course belong to the original creators.

(in reply to bradinggs)
Post #: 87
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> RE: Bit more accurate OPFOR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI