Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Open structure (a bridge) cannot be targeted by anything

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Open structure (a bridge) cannot be targeted by anything Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Open structure (a bridge) cannot be targeted by anything - 8/30/2021 8:26:48 AM   
robertqin

The scenario is Northern Fury 38. The structure "Skjomen Bridge" which was based on db object #99 Bridge (four-Lane 150 ton) class land structure-hardened-structure(open) cannot be targeted by anything I have, including mavericks, GBU, guns, etc. When I tried manually engage target, the list of suitable weapons was just empty. Not having some weapons but say could not engage for some reason. There was just nothing.

The marker town object has the same class but is perfectly targetable.

Game version is 1.03

Save attached. I noticed this glitch early in the mission, and later when mission completed I tried to mess around with editor to see what happened. Hence the bridge is not at where it should be and not auto-detectable, and that my ac nearby have full fuel.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Open structure (a bridge) cannot be targeted by any... - 8/30/2021 3:59:35 PM   
Schr75

Hi robertqin

The problem is that the bridge is under water.
If you open the file in the editor, you can move the bridge to dry land and your weapons will be able to hit it.

I have posted a bug report to the scen author in the Mods and scens folder.
By a funny coincidence I´m playing this scen right now as well, so you just saved me from a "Hmmmmmm that´s strange" moment
Thanks.

Søren

< Message edited by Schr75 -- 8/30/2021 4:10:53 PM >

(in reply to robertqin)
Post #: 2
RE: Open structure (a bridge) cannot be targeted by any... - 9/2/2021 11:56:13 PM   
robertqin

I have not had the chance to test it but that does make a lot of sense!

Following this line of thoughts, would it make sense to default the structure altitude to 0 or 1 asl if it is placed on water? It would make placement of bridges, especially the big ones, easier I think. As of now I cannot think of any placable underwater structure that may serve game play purposes so this might not be a bad default.

(in reply to Schr75)
Post #: 3
RE: Open structure (a bridge) cannot be targeted by any... - 9/3/2021 12:58:54 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: robertqin
As of now I cannot think of any placable underwater structure that may serve game play purposes so this might not be a bad default.

quote:

ORIGINAL: robertqin
As of now I cannot think of any placable underwater structure that may serve game play purposes so this might not be a bad default.

underwater sono sensors are facilities, if it didn't apply to 4001 category it might be viable but might have other ramifications I'm also not thinking of atm.

(in reply to robertqin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Open structure (a bridge) cannot be targeted by anything Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI