Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Repeatable crash to descktop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Repeatable crash to descktop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Repeatable crash to descktop - 8/31/2021 8:45:29 AM   
Jim D Burns

Score: 0
I get this crash every time I try and set several of the HQ's in China to auto-assist. Tried it in fresh game starts for both the regular 1939 scenario and the nav mod version of the 1939 start and same thing happens every time. Some of the HQ's can have their mode changed and some cannot. I should note this occurred on my old win 7 box as well and I now run win 10 so not specific to a version of windows.

Jim

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Jim D Burns -- 8/31/2021 12:58:58 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Repeatable crash to descktop - 8/31/2021 2:19:11 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Jim,

Can you try this again with that graphical mod disabled?

I suspect it is the mod as there were issues with it in the past once we made some updates to the game.

The latest and corrected mod that works with the game is the one that comes bundled in with the Community Pack, e.g. even though it is listed as v4.4, it is actually more up to date.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 2
RE: Repeatable crash to descktop - 8/31/2021 3:40:16 PM   
Jim D Burns

Score: 0
This fixed it. Iron cross ver 4.3 is the mod that is selected by default I guess, I turned it off and was able to switch every HQ in China without issue. I'm running a GoG copy of the game as my Matrix copy is boxed away in the garage somewhere, so whatever downloads and installs by default at GoG is what I have installed.

There is an iron cross ver 4.4 in there but the installer had 4.3 selected. Should I not run 4.4 for some reason? If its ok to run 4.4 the installer needs updating to auto select the newer version instead of 4.3. Just installed it yesterday so no chance I had changed it and simply forgot, 4.3 is what the installer selected.

I went ahead and ran the game under 4.4 and things seem to work OK.

Jim

P.S. I just had a thought, it's possible the mod settings got overwritten by GoG's cloud. My old saved game files were in there even though this is a brand new box and fresh install, so perhaps the installer installed 4.4 but the cloud then changed my settings back to 4.3 because the old settings get saved to the cloud?

< Message edited by Jim D Burns -- 8/31/2021 7:00:50 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Repeatable crash to descktop - 8/31/2021 7:30:03 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Great and yeah 4.4 is the one to use... not sure about the GoG cloud but that could certainly be a possibility.

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Repeatable crash to descktop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI