Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 7/18/2021 11:46:30 PM   
DesertWolf101

I believe your opponent attacked with only the the tanks of the USMC Tank Battalion, hence the lack of casualties given your dearth of suitable anti-tank weapons.

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 451
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 7/19/2021 1:21:06 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: DesertWolf101

I believe your opponent attacked with only the the tanks of the USMC Tank Battalion, hence the lack of casualties given your dearth of suitable anti-tank weapons.

+1

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to DesertWolf101)
Post #: 452
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/9/2021 8:12:00 PM   
rader

November 3, 1943.

The war goes on after a long summer hiatus.

Still trying to isolate Taberfane but I'm getting concerned that he may be bringing in supplies by sea even though I have the place blockaded. Not sure how this is possible, but intel shows me that he has 6 task forces at Taberfane, despite the fact that I have 3x surface combat TFs in the same hex? They are unknown and unlikely to be PT boats. Is this just screwy intel, or is it possible that he could actually have many task forces in the same hex that I do for several turns in a row without combat?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 453
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/10/2021 8:13:51 PM   
rader

November 4, 1943.

Another Allied attack at Timoeka with only Japanese casualties, no Allied. And this time we did have anti-tank weapons, including both AT guns and combat engineers which have a good anti-hard value. Not sure what is going on or how to handle it?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 454
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/11/2021 12:25:20 AM   
DesertWolf101

quote:

ORIGINAL: rader

November 3, 1943.

The war goes on after a long summer hiatus.

Still trying to isolate Taberfane but I'm getting concerned that he may be bringing in supplies by sea even though I have the place blockaded. Not sure how this is possible, but intel shows me that he has 6 task forces at Taberfane, despite the fact that I have 3x surface combat TFs in the same hex? They are unknown and unlikely to be PT boats. Is this just screwy intel, or is it possible that he could actually have many task forces in the same hex that I do for several turns in a row without combat?

IMO likely to be submarine resupply opps.

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 455
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/11/2021 12:26:39 AM   
DesertWolf101

quote:

November 4, 1943.

Another Allied attack at Timoeka with only Japanese casualties, no Allied. And this time we did have anti-tank weapons, including both AT guns and combat engineers which have a good anti-hard value. Not sure what is going on or how to handle it?

Perhaps you will need some more heavy artillery and combat engineers as regular Japanese at guns struggle to regularly disable medium/heavy allied armor.

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 456
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/16/2021 9:09:32 PM   
rader

Nov 11, 1943

I moved in a bunch of fighters to Dobo. He launched a huge series of night bombing runs on the airfield. I had anticipated the attacks and had 3 units on night CAP, including my best night fighter unit. His bombers brushed them aside with no losses and plastered the air field, destroying well over a hundred airframes on the ground. That is about how night bombing seems to go in this game...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DesertWolf101)
Post #: 457
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/16/2021 9:12:32 PM   
rader

Actually, the night fighters I had (Irvings) didn't even fly and I have no idea why... they were set to 70% night CAP at 12K feet. Any ideas? (Now they are all destroyed on the ground, but there were 14 of them available to fly before the airfield bombing.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 458
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/16/2021 9:32:50 PM   
BBfanboy

Two possibilities (guesses):

- the weather was too bad in the base hex for the aircraft to take off- but the bombing accuracy suggests that was not the case
- with a CAP set at 70%, there could be gaps in the coverage when too many aircraft have to come down for servicing at the same time.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 459
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/16/2021 10:28:40 PM   
Nomad

Having a good air leader would not have hurt. The one you have assigned is terrible.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 460
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/16/2021 10:55:32 PM   
RangerJoe

[image][/image]
quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Having a good air leader would not have hurt. The one you have assigned is terrible.

+1

Do you have radar, searchlights, and AAA there?

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 461
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/16/2021 11:39:16 PM   
rader

quote:

That's a good thought.. I rarely look at leaders except sometimes for critical task forces and LCUs. I guess you want high air and aggression for a fighter unit?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 462
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/16/2021 11:39:43 PM   
rader

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

[image][/image]
quote:

+1

Do you have radar, searchlights, and AAA there?

I think just one air defense unit.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 463
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/16/2021 11:50:38 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Two possibilities (guesses):

- the weather was too bad in the base hex for the aircraft to take off- but the bombing accuracy suggests that was not the case
- with a CAP set at 70%, there could be gaps in the coverage when too many aircraft have to come down for servicing at the same time.

I use 100% CAP at times with no problems. Remember, only 1/3 of them are in the air at any one time. See page 153 in the manual. Once the combat starts, more will join in.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 8/16/2021 11:51:28 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 464
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/18/2021 1:01:53 AM   
rader

November 13, 1943.

The attrition continues around Taberfane for both sides, with his airfield continuously shut down, and daily Allied sweeps and bombing contesting Japanese control of the skies. Today, some Allied destroyers came in to interdict Japanese supplies to the island and were bombed fairly heavily. Some Vals also got lucky with some strikes on shipping near Darwin.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 465
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/18/2021 1:05:24 AM   
rader

Over the past few days there were a series of engagements between American cruisers and destroyers and the Japanese battleship fleet that had been bombarding Taberfane.

We knocked out one or possibly two CLs, damaged a couple more, and sank a destroyer or two. In exchange, several of our battleships sustained damage from torpedo hits.

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 466
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/18/2021 1:10:44 AM   
rader

In other news, Allied forces landed at Rabaul today. It's been basically abandoned for months now so the real surprise is that it took him so long. But this may herald a new phase of Allied advances across the South Pacific.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 467
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/18/2021 1:11:41 AM   
rader

Got a cool Tokyo Rose radio broadcast about the foolish Allied landing at Rabaul too. But I think she may have come across as overly optimistic about our chances there.

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 468
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/21/2021 7:14:12 AM   
rader

This time he came in and flattened Kaimana in daylight. Losing a lot of planes on the ground, but at least I'm taking a bit of a toll on his 4E force.

In other news, Rabaul fell yesterday. The 4,000 man Japanese stay-behind garrison was easily overrun by over a division of Allied troops.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 469
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/21/2021 7:17:58 AM   
rader

Nov 17, 1943.

The blockade on Taberfane is fairly tight, with only a trickle of supplies getting through by submarine and possibly air transport. I keep postponing a counter-invasion due to incomplete control of the seas. It's pretty much a standoff.

I'm bombing Allied troops every day, but with a 50K+ garrison, I wonder if it's even possible to starve them out?

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 470
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/21/2021 7:43:25 AM   
jdsrae

On the night fighters not flying, I’ve noticed many times that they don’t fly the same night that they move to a new base.
I now try to remember to fly LRCAP with another unit from somewhere for that turn while they setup for local CAP the next night.
They would most likely have flown the next night if they weren’t splattered that evening.

< Message edited by jdsrae -- 8/21/2021 11:03:37 AM >

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 471
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/27/2021 5:54:05 AM   
rader

November 24, 1943.

The siege continues around Taberfane, with Japanese bombers visiting daily, and Allied planes sparing around the periphery. The Allies seem to have hundreds of PT boats lurking nearby - unclear what these are doing? Planning to swoop in to Taberfane or somewhere else? Any ideas?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 472
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/30/2021 5:16:17 AM   
rader

November 27,1943.

Another day, another aerial battle near Taberfane.

Daily battles are costing both sides heavy aerial attrition. In the battles, the Japanese are losing more planes (probably 50% more if not double), but we're fighting defensively over Japanese bases and units so many (around two-thirds) of our pilots are being saved. Is it sustainable for both sides? Time will tell.

I'm not sure if the Allies have given up on rescuing the troops in Taberfane or not... I suspect the Allies are planning another major attack somewhere else in the coming months. But where?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 473
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/30/2021 10:57:24 PM   
rader

November 28, 1943.

Another battle around Taberfane, which is definitely turning into Iron Bottom Sound.

Arleigh Burke came in with 5xDDs and managed to send Nachi to the bottom with 3 torpedo hits and a magazine explosion. But then the Japanese fleet laid in and wrecked three of the DDs, with a fourth being strafed and bombed the next morning (later confirmed sunk by a Peggy torpedo bomber).

So 4 US DDs exchanged for the Nachi. Probably a US victory, unless somehow Arleigh Burke went down with the ship. I don't suppose there's a way to tell which was the flagship? And if only DD Jenkins survived and it wasn't the flagship, what's the chance he was plucked from the water?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 474
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 8/31/2021 2:37:24 PM   
mind_messing

Minor quibble, but you might have better results with a more optimum TF configuration.

I'd have split the CL's off with some of the DD's into their own separate task force and sent them in first. Fletchers will still bully the destroyers but the CL's will at least be resistant to the 5 inch gunfire.

The idea being that the CA's would have arrived to find the Fletchers low on ammo and hopefully having fired off their torpedoes.

That said, when you're fighting at 2k yards, anything goes. Fletchers are scary!

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 475
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 9/1/2021 5:32:14 AM   
rader

quote:

ORIGINAL: mind_messing

Minor quibble, but you might have better results with a more optimum TF configuration.

I'd have split the CL's off with some of the DD's into their own separate task force and sent them in first. Fletchers will still bully the destroyers but the CL's will at least be resistant to the 5 inch gunfire.

The idea being that the CA's would have arrived to find the Fletchers low on ammo and hopefully having fired off their torpedoes.

That said, when you're fighting at 2k yards, anything goes. Fletchers are scary!

So what is the optimum TF composition to fight DDs?

(in reply to mind_messing)
Post #: 476
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 9/1/2021 12:57:40 PM   
mind_messing

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: mind_messing

So what is the optimum TF composition to fight DDs?

How long is a bit of string? :)

As above, I'd probably have split them in to two separate forces. A CL/DD force to get the Allies to waste torpedo attacks on mobile ships, then the heavier CA force to mop up when Allied torpedo ammo is gone and there's some fires/damage to contend with.

In my experience, you really want to lean on the CL/CA as they're resistant to the 5inch fire in a way the unarmoured IJN DD's aren't. As you'll have seen though, the CA's are a little more at danger to the torpedo than the CL's.

I don't like to go beyond 6-7 ships for these task forces, and I'll drop down to two destroyers if needed.

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 477
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 9/8/2021 6:18:46 AM   
rader

December 5, 1943.

With the KB clearly committed around Taberfane, Allied carriers appear near Wake Island on one side of the map and Cocos Island on the other. Are these merely distraction raids or are they invasions in the works?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mind_messing)
Post #: 478
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 9/8/2021 6:20:59 AM   
rader

Lilys from Cocos bounce some 100 kg bombs off CL armor and are shredded for their efforts:

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Cocos Islands at 26,98

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid detected at 115 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 33 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-48-IIc Lily x 24

Allied aircraft
Wildcat V x 3
FM-1 Wildcat x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-48-IIc Lily: 10 destroyed, 3 damaged
Ki-48-IIc Lily: 1 destroyed by flak

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
CL Ceylon, Bomb hits 1
CL Emerald, Bomb hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
14 x Ki-48-IIc Lily releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 2 x 100 kg SAP Bomb
2 x Ki-48-IIc Lily releasing from 1000'
8 x Ki-48-IIc Lily releasing from 2000'

CAP engaged:
No.834 Sqn-FF-2 FAA with Wildcat V (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 3 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 6000 , scrambling fighters between 0 and 6000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 26 minutes
VF-37 with FM-1 Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 9 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 8000 , scrambling fighters between 0 and 8000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 7 minutes

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 479
RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) - 9/8/2021 6:28:32 AM   
rader

And around Taberfane, Japanese BBs dispatched a couple minelayers, bombarded, and then things got bloody in the air:

Night Time Surface Combat, near Taberfane at 82,117, Range 10,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo
BB Hiei
BB Nagato
BB Fuso
BB Yamashiro
DD Akizuki
DD Isokaze
DD Shiranui
DD Urakaze
DD Natsugumo
DD Ayanami
DD Tatsuyuke

Allied Ships
DM Ramsay, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Taberfane at 82,117, Range 12,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo
BB Hiei
BB Nagato
BB Fuso
BB Yamashiro
DD Akizuki
DD Isokaze
DD Shiranui
DD Urakaze
DD Natsugumo
DD Ayanami
DD Tatsuyuke

Allied Ships
DM Preble, Shell hits 1, and is sunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Naval bombardment of Taberfane at 82,117

Japanese Ships
BB Yamashiro
BB Fuso
BB Nagato
BB Hiei
BB Kongo
DD Tatsuyuke
DD Ayanami
DD Natsugumo
DD Urakaze
DD Shiranui
DD Isokaze
DD Akizuki

Allied ground losses:
331 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 60 destroyed, 37 disabled
Engineers: 10 destroyed, 5 disabled
Guns lost 37 (26 destroyed, 11 disabled)
Vehicles lost 52 (38 destroyed, 14 disabled)

Airbase hits 26
Airbase supply hits 10
Runway hits 93
Port hits 23
Port supply hits 5

Morning Air attack on Dobo , at 83,116

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid detected at 24 NM, estimated altitude 23,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 8 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 6
N1K1-J George x 6
N1K2-J George x 13
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 46

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 28

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 1 destroyed
N1K2-J George: 1 destroyed
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 6 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 7 destroyed

CAP engaged:
201 Ku S-1 with N1K1-J George (0 airborne, 4 on standby, 0 scrambling)
4 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters to 14000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 1 minutes
263 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
6 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 3 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000
Raid is overhead
331 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters to 22000.
Zuikaku-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 4 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 8000 , scrambling fighters to 25000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 39 minutes
1st Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (3 airborne, 9 on standby, 0 scrambling)
12 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters between 22000 and 26000.
Raid is overhead
5th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 0 scrambling)
8 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 23000 and 25000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 35 minutes
24th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (3 airborne, 8 on standby, 0 scrambling)
11 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters between 5000 and 19000.
Raid is overhead
85th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 9 on standby, 0 scrambling)
9 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 20000 and 26000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 38 minutes

Raid detected at 26 NM, estimated altitude 24,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 9 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 1
N1K1-J George x 4
N1K2-J George x 7
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 24

Allied aircraft
F4U-1A Corsair x 11

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 3 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1A Corsair: 2 destroyed

CAP engaged:
201 Ku S-1 with N1K1-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters between 5000 and 9490.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 30 minutes
263 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
7 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 5000 and 24000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 41 minutes
Zuikaku-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 8000 , scrambling fighters to 9000.
Raid is overhead
5th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters to 11000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 19 minutes
85th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 9 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters to 26000.
1st Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters between 10000 and 13000.
24th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters to 11000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 10 minutes

Morning Air attack on Kai-eilanden , at 81,115

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid detected at 20 NM, estimated altitude 24,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K2-J George x 30
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 22

Allied aircraft
Spitfire VIII x 14

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Spitfire VIII: 2 destroyed

CAP engaged:
68th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 3 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 20000 and 21000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 2 minutes
70th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (3 airborne, 8 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000
Raid is overhead
284 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 11 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 6000 , scrambling fighters between 6000 and 23000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 35 minutes
286 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 12 on standby, 0 scrambling)
12 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 4 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.

Raid detected at 29 NM, estimated altitude 45,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K1-J George x 3
N1K2-J George x 5
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 11

Allied aircraft
P-38H Lightning x 16

Japanese aircraft losses
N1K1-J George: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-38H Lightning: 2 destroyed

CAP engaged:
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters to 4000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 45 minutes
263 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 1 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 35300.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 27 minutes
5th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
1st Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters between 7000 and 24000.
3 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 5000
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 20 minutes
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 20000 and 23000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 36 minutes

Raid detected at 45 NM, estimated altitude 42,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K2-J George x 23
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 7

Allied aircraft
P-47D2 Thunderbolt x 22

Japanese aircraft losses
N1K2-J George: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-47D2 Thunderbolt: 3 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x P-47D2 Thunderbolt sweeping at 42000 feet *

CAP engaged:
68th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 27170 and 28170.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 23 minutes
284 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
5 plane(s) not yet engaged, 6 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 6000 , scrambling fighters between 21000 and 28170.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 24 minutes
286 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
9 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 3 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters between 21000 and 24000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 43 minutes
70th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 22000 and 24000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 17 minutes

Morning Air attack on 40th Infantry Division, at 82,117 (Taberfane)

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid spotted at 12 NM, estimated altitude 7,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Japanese aircraft
G3M3 Nell x 15
N1K2-J George x 46
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 36

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
24 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x G3M3 Nell bombing from 4000 feet
Ground Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb, 4 x 60 kg GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on Taberfane , at 82,117

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 20
A6M5 Zero x 6
B5N2 Kate x 35
N1K1-J George x 30
N1K2-J George x 27
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 45

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N2 Kate: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
Guns lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 11

Aircraft Attacking:
35 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 4000 feet
Airfield Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb

Raid spotted at 27 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 6
N1K2-J George x 15
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 57
Ki-49-IIa Helen x 47

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 6 damaged

Allied ground losses:
111 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 8 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 14 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x Ki-49-IIa Helen bombing from 4000 feet
Ground Attack: 4 x 250 kg GP Bomb
7 x Ki-49-IIa Helen bombing from 4000 feet

Also attacking 37th Infantry Division ...
Also attacking 40th Infantry Division ...

Raid spotted at 34 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 69
Ki-49-IIa Helen x 79

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 16 damaged

Allied ground losses:
158 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 21 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 23 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 11 (1 destroyed, 10 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
23 x Ki-49-IIa Helen bombing from 4000 feet
19 x Ki-49-IIa Helen bombing from 4000 feet
17 x Ki-49-IIa Helen bombing from 4000 feet

Raid spotted at 30 NM, estimated altitude 5,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 9 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 6
N1K2-J George x 19
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 45
Ki-49-IIa Helen x 56

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 7 damaged

Allied ground losses:
105 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 11 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 13 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
27 x Ki-49-IIa Helen bombing from 4000 feet
6 x Ki-49-IIa Helen bombing from 4000 feet

Also attacking 25th Marine Regiment ...
Also attacking 25th Marine Regiment ...

Raid spotted at 40 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 15
B6N2 Jill x 4
N1K2-J George x 42
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 24

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B6N2 Jill bombing from 10000 feet
Ground Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb

Raid spotted at 36 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 11 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K2-J George x 4
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 34
Ki-49-IIa Helen x 20

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 4 damaged

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:

Raid spotted at 38 NM, estimated altitude 5,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
N1K2-J George x 42
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 47
Ki-49-IIa Helen x 23

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 5 damaged

Allied ground losses:
71 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 10 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Guns lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 6
N1K2-J George x 42
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 45
Ki-49-IIa Helen x 34

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 6 damaged

Allied ground losses:
58 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 9 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
22 x Ki-49-IIa Helen bombing from 4000 feet
12 x Ki-49-IIa Helen bombing from 4000 feet

Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 22,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 29 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K1-J George x 2
N1K2-J George x 2
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 6

Allied aircraft
F4U-1A Corsair x 3

Japanese aircraft losses

No Allied losses

CAP engaged:
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters between 6000 and 9000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 18 minutes
263 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters to 5000.
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 5000
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 6000 and 7000.

Raid detected at 72 NM, estimated altitude 4,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 24 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K1-J George x 2
N1K2-J George x 1
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 3

Allied aircraft
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 12

Japanese aircraft losses
N1K1-J George: 2 damaged
N1K1-J George: 2 destroyed on ground
N1K2-J George: 1 damaged
N1K2-J George: 9 destroyed on ground
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 3 damaged
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 4 destroyed on ground
Ki-44-IIb Tojo: 2 destroyed on ground
A6M5 Zero: 1 destroyed on ground
H8K2 Emily: 6 destroyed on ground
G3M3 Nell: 1 destroyed on ground
J1N1-S Irving: 1 destroyed on ground
D3A1 Val: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied aircraft losses
PB4Y-1 Liberator: 9 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Airbase hits 14
Airbase supply hits 8
Runway hits 34

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x PB4Y-1 Liberator bombing from 4000 feet
Airfield Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb

CAP engaged:
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters to 5000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 22 minutes
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters to 7000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 13 minutes
24th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters to 8000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 19 minutes
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters to 5000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 25 minutes

Raid detected at 69 NM, estimated altitude 24,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K2-J George x 12
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 4

Allied aircraft
Spitfire VIII x 2

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

CAP engaged:
68th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 11000 and 25330.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 14 minutes
284 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 7 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 6000 , scrambling fighters between 15000 and 23000.
286 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 4 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters between 18000 and 27330.
70th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 1 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters to 26000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 13 minutes

Raid detected at 72 NM, estimated altitude 45,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K2-J George x 1
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 2

Allied aircraft
P-38H Lightning x 20

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
19 x P-38H Lightning sweeping at 40000 feet

CAP engaged:
24th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters to 36740.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 16 minutes
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters to 34000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 25 minutes

Morning Air attack on Prome , at 55,50

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 60 NM, estimated altitude 43,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 17 minutes

Allied aircraft
P-47D2 Thunderbolt x 3

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x P-47D2 Thunderbolt sweeping at 42000 feet

Raid detected at 52 NM, estimated altitude 47,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 15 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K2-J George x 12
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 4

Allied aircraft
P-47D2 Thunderbolt x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-47D2 Thunderbolt: 2 destroyed

CAP engaged:
68th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 11000 and 25330.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 7 minutes
284 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 5 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 6000 , scrambling fighters between 21000 and 24000.
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters between 20000 and 27330.
70th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 1 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters to 36740.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 11 minutes

Raid detected at 67 NM, estimated altitude 42,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 20 minutes

Japanese aircraft
N1K2-J George x 8
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 1

Allied aircraft
P-47D2 Thunderbolt x 3

Japanese aircraft losses

No Allied losses

CAP engaged:
284 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
3 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 6000 , scrambling fighters between 21330 and 22000.
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters between 21330 and 24000.
70th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters to 21000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 15 minutes

Raid spotted at 23 NM, estimated altitude 7,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 6
N1K2-J George x 4
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 35
Ki-49-IIa Helen x 26
Ki-84a Frank x 30

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 3 damaged

Allied ground losses:
87 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 11 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
26 x Ki-49-IIa Helen bombing from 4000 feet

Raid detected at 29 NM, estimated altitude 44,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
N1K2-J George x 6

Allied aircraft
P-47D2 Thunderbolt x 21

Japanese aircraft losses
N1K2-J George: 3 destroyed

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
21 x P-47D2 Thunderbolt sweeping at 42000 feet *

CAP engaged:
284 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 6000 , scrambling fighters to 21330.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 29 minutes
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 7000 , scrambling fighters to 21330.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 44 minutes

Raid detected at 13 NM, estimated altitude 46,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 3 minutes

Allied aircraft
P-47D2 Thunderbolt x 20

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x P-47D2 Thunderbolt sweeping at 42000 feet *

Afternoon Air attack on Dobo , at 83,116

Raid detected at 79 NM, estimated altitude 24,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 29 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 4
N1K1-J George x 4
N1K2-J George x 10
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 39

Allied aircraft
F4U-1A Corsair x 32

Japanese aircraft losses
N1K1-J George: 1 destroyed
N1K2-J George: 2 destroyed
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 7 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1A Corsair: 4 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x F4U-1A Corsair sweeping at 20000 feet *

CAP engaged:
201 Ku S-1 with N1K1-J George (1 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters to 25000.
Raid is overhead
263 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 0 scrambling)
5 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 24000 and 26000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 3 minutes
331 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (1 airborne, 2 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters to 20000.
Zuikaku-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 8000
1st Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (3 airborne, 7 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters between 17000 and 21000.
5th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 21000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 34 minutes
24th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 7 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters between 19000 and 24000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 34 minutes
85th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 7 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 27000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 38 minutes

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Dobo at 83,116

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 3,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 5
N1K1-J George x 1
N1K2-J George x 14
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 43

Allied aircraft
B-25D1 Mitchell x 25

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-25D1 Mitchell: 12 destroyed, 3 damaged
B-25D1 Mitchell: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
APD Tade
DD Yayoi

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x B-25D1 Mitchell bombing and strafing from low level
Naval Attack: 1 plane(s) with no ordnance
Naval Attack: 6 x 500 lb SAP Bomb
1 x B-25D1 Mitchell bombing and strafing from low level
Naval Attack: 6 x 500 lb SAP Bomb

CAP engaged:
263 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (7 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(8 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
7 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 22000 and 31000.
331 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(3 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters between 0 and 9000.
Raid is overhead
Zuikaku-1 with A6M5 Zero (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(4 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
Group patrol altitude is 8000 , scrambling fighters to 11000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 50 minutes
1st Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (13 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(10 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
13 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters between 5000 and 12000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 42 minutes
5th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (8 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(9 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
5 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 26000.
24th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (9 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(9 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
9 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 5000 , scrambling fighters to 11000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 11 minutes
Group patrol altitude is 4000 , scrambling fighters between 12000 and 29000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 73 minutes
Group patrol altitude is 9000 , scrambling fighters to 6000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 81 minutes

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Pacific War 3.0 (No Encircled please!) Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI