Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why the bottleneck is there?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why the bottleneck is there? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why the... - 9/7/2021 10:58:02 PM   
Rednettle

I can't figure it out. From what I can tell the action points and truck points aren't going where they should be and the traffic sign display...I just can't seem to get how to read it. So if you'd like to help the savegame is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itgdd2sa89w6kh9/Confusingbottleneck.se1?dl=0

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why... - 9/8/2021 6:17:49 AM   
Moat_Man

From what I can tell from quickly loading up your save is that you have some severely depleted units encircling that city that are requesting replacement troops. That can suck up your logistics pretty quick.

< Message edited by Moat_Man -- 9/8/2021 6:19:20 AM >

(in reply to Rednettle)
Post #: 2
RE: Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why... - 9/8/2021 9:04:19 AM   
zgrssd

Just from the Image I can say:
- the bottleneck is on the way to the troops
- supply and replacements use up 100% of the Logistics send onto that route

It seems like a boringly simple casse of you simply no longer having enough Logistics produced under the SHQ to meet demand. This is a natural thing as you expand. I will look at the savegame to see if anything is off, but needing to upgrade your Truckstop or adding rail to your SHQ is in no way, shape or form unexpected.

(in reply to Moat_Man)
Post #: 3
RE: Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why... - 9/8/2021 9:14:48 AM   
zgrssd

After viewing the Savegame:
The Traffic sign in Salina has no impact, because the logistics have nowhere else to go.
They will not turn around. And as they have no other direction to go, all they could do is stop there - which serves absolutely no purpose as they were already spent.

You are trying to supply 2 Birgades and a far away city with a T1 truck station under your SHQ.
As predicted: Just upgrade the SHQ truck station. It is overloaded.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 9/8/2021 9:15:46 AM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why... - 9/8/2021 12:20:52 PM   
Rednettle

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

The Traffic sign in Salina has no impact, because the logistics have nowhere else to go.
They will not turn around. And as they have no other direction to go, all they could do is stop there - which serves absolutely no purpose as they were already spent.

You are trying to supply 2 Birgades and a far away city with a T1 truck station under your SHQ.

Thank you very much for responding. Can you explain why the logistic numbers between the two cities is so high and seemingly zero is going to the troops? Is there some sort of priority going on? Such as transfers between cities being higher than troops? The preview points say there's 416 logistics going along the road with the bottleneck. Does that mean the troops are requiring more than the 416 logistic points?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why... - 9/8/2021 12:22:59 PM   
Rednettle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moat_Man

From what I can tell from quickly loading up your save is that you have some severely depleted units encircling that city that are requesting replacement troops. That can suck up your logistics pretty quick.

Thank you. :) Does that mean the 416 logistic points listed by the preview points tab is not what the troops require? As in they require more than the 416 and the 416 is all the truck station can give them for the next turn?

(in reply to Moat_Man)
Post #: 6
RE: Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why... - 9/8/2021 1:42:34 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rednettle

quote:

Thank you very much for responding. Can you explain why the logistic numbers between the two cities is so high and seemingly zero is going to the troops? Is there some sort of priority going on? Such as transfers between cities being higher than troops? The preview points say there's 416 logistics going along the road with the bottleneck. Does that mean the troops are requiring more than the 416 logistic points?

The Hex 28,21 - 1 north of the city - Receives 1515 Truck points form South.
The Hex also Recieves 2464 Pull Points from the North/East (City) and 479 from the North/West (Troops).
So it is trying to split the availible 1515 points 479/2464.

But the City does not seem to be using most of those pull points, propably because your SHQ stores are empty.
You need enough resources for next turns demand before you hit end turn. The retreival comes way to late.

(in reply to Rednettle)
Post #: 7
RE: Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why... - 9/8/2021 8:05:19 PM   
Rednettle

quote:

The Hex 28,21 - 1 north of the city - Receives 1515 Truck points form South.
The Hex also Recieves 2464 Pull Points from the North/East (City) and 479 from the North/West (Troops).
So it is trying to split the availible 1515 points 479/2464.

But the City does not seem to be using most of those pull points, propably because your SHQ stores are empty.
You need enough resources for next turns demand before you hit end turn. The retreival comes way to late.

Thank you. I think I understand.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Strange bottleneck. D/L my savegame and tell me why the bottleneck is there? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI