Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario For Testing: Our Neighbor to the South, 1989

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario For Testing: Our Neighbor to the South, 1989 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario For Testing: Our Neighbor to the South, 1989 - 9/9/2021 1:08:53 AM   
vettim89

This is a companion scenario to my previous "Drum Beat" scenario which was ASW oriented. This scenario assumes Soviet hardliners resisted the reforms of the Gorbachov administration and overthrew that regime in early 1989. US intel sources have detected the Soviet build-up for war over the past few months. Alarmingly it now seems the new leadership has convinced the Cubans to join in the war actively fighting NATO!

This scenario has a couple of quirks in it. Firstly your forces are not uniform in their proficiencies. Each squadron has a few high level pilots, a larger number of moderate skill pilots and a few neophile pilots (nuggets in Navy terms) Players are encouraged to pay attention to these differences. Secondly, most aircraft are unarmed at the scenario start. This was deliberate to allow the player to set up the strikes in a manner to their satisfaction. Lastly there are a number of Civilian units that you have no control over but are expected to protect.

Oh, and maybe a surprise or two

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by vettim89 -- 9/12/2021 1:22:27 PM >

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario For Testing: Our Neighbor to the South... - 9/12/2021 1:28:30 PM   
vettim89

I was playing around with this scenario myself and realized that a considerable amount of tanker support was required. So I added two squadrons of KC-130 at Beaufort and three squadrons of KC-135 at Macdill AFB. In addition I moved the A-4s from Roosevelt Roads to Key West as they lack the legs to do anything from Puerto Rico. I also moved the Knox class frigate off South Carolina further south and made all the ships at Mayport immediately available

I like this scenario. The player has plenty of assets but a lot of them are second line for this era (F-4s, F-111A/D, and A-7s).

The uploaded file is updated

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario For Testing: Our Neighbor to the South... - 9/29/2021 11:51:19 PM   
vettim89

Bump - any one given this a go?

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 3
RE: New Scenario For Testing: Our Neighbor to the South... - 9/30/2021 1:25:38 PM   
stolypin

This looks like an interesting scenario. I hope to give it a play this weekend.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario For Testing: Our Neighbor to the South, 1989 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI