Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kobiyashi Maru

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Opponents Wanted >> Kobiyashi Maru Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kobiyashi Maru - 8/22/2021 4:33:43 PM   
Seminole

Looking for an opponent who wants to see the ‘43 campaign the through to the end game. It will take a while.

You accept this challenge not because you expect to win, but because you expect to finish and witness a spectacle thereby.
Winning would just be the cherry on top.

Willing to play either side, let me know what game options you would prefer.

I suspect Axis with theater box control has an advantage in play balance.
Willing to prove it.
Post #: 1
RE: Kobiyashi Maru - 9/1/2021 2:50:07 PM   
Seminole

100+ peeks and no takers?

C'mon! Somebody step up and show me how this game is supposed to be played!

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 2
RE: Kobiyashi Maru - 9/9/2021 1:45:55 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

100+ peeks and no takers?

C'mon! Somebody step up and show me how this game is supposed to be played!

If it was a game on the East Front maybe. I personally can't stand the West Front Theater, bought the darn game when it came out along with the other DLC and have not many hours into the game, lol.

Good luck, figured I would say something instead of lurking.

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/9/2021 1:47:06 AM >

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 3
RE: Kobiyashi Maru - 9/9/2021 3:27:41 AM   
kentkroeckel

It seems many players of WitW are consumed with its brother WitE2. Additionally, I believe Joel said there was another update soon to be released for WitW. usually, that creates problems for games that are in progress. Finally, EF active creates substantial game play imbalance in favor of Germany. It also creates a large unhistorical advantage for Germany.

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 4
RE: Kobiyashi Maru - 9/10/2021 1:06:36 AM   
Seminole

quote:

ORIGINAL: kentkroeckel

It seems many players of WitW are consumed with its brother WitE2. Additionally, I believe Joel said there was another update soon to be released for WitW. usually, that creates problems for games that are in progress. Finally, EF active creates substantial game play imbalance in favor of Germany. It also creates a large unhistorical advantage for Germany.

I agree the EF box is an advantage for Germany. It's there for what if, which is cool, but the different unit types (e.g. Mountain Divisions) that can be pulled from there can make the Germans very strong.
I haven't been able to get an opponent to last past Jan '44 with or without it.

Open to a rematch? We don't need to upgrade if a patch comes out unless you want what it offers.
I'm willing to play either side.
I just want to see a campaign through to see how strategies play out with the VP system.

(in reply to kentkroeckel)
Post #: 5
RE: Kobiyashi Maru - 9/10/2021 9:27:03 PM   
kentkroeckel

Hello Seminole, I hope you get to read this instead of Kobiyashi, Maru. No disrespect meant to Maru. Ha. When we played in January, all I was trying to convey was that with EF active WitW becomes non-historical, unrealistic, along with unbalanced play; all three aspects in favor of Germany. That is why I did not want to play with EF active. Now with EF off, WitW becomes competitive in the current version; Germany being the hardest. I am talking about VP points rather than Allies taking Berlin. Yet I think any reasonable Allied player should be well in German proper, though the need to take Berlin specifically is not necessary. With some of E-mails you wrote, I assumed I offended you so did not try to clarify my point; for that I apologize. I also should have applied myself more to the first few turns but EF active took away my motivation. I owe you an apology for that too. Our game was the last one I ever played with EF on. I do have a strategy which would be devastating to concentrated German naval interdiction. this is simply factual. The question would be, if Axis air resources could sustain naval interdiction; and at what attrition level? The limiting factor is that now we would be playing an historical game.

I was the one who recently ran into the quote bug. for now, I will not be able to play a server game until my quote bug games fall of system, which should be at the end of September. I probability will never instant-mail in a game too.

I have never played a PBEM game but as I understand it, WitW PBEM is processed by our computers so my bug issue would not be present. I am no computer expert but this is what I understand at this point. My email is still kentkroeckel@earthlink.net I will use Allies for the password since PBEM needs one and that is the side I would like to be. Just send me your E-mail again and I will get started. take care Seminole.

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 6
RE: Kobiyashi Maru - 9/11/2021 1:10:54 AM   
Seminole

Email sent.

Trust me, I was never offended.

Looking forward to restarting the AAR. I'll be posting it far enough behind the action that you can feel free to participate and provide your observations from your vantage point if you'd like.

(in reply to kentkroeckel)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Opponents Wanted >> Kobiyashi Maru Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI