Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/13/2021 12:21:24 AM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

A remake of AGEOD Civil War 2 in their new engine would be sweet. That was their best game. I know Grand Tactician just came out of Early Access but IMO it still can't touch AGEOD CW2.

CW2 has one big problem though. Put *everything* in the east, or you will lose if the other guy does it.

Yea, it's definitely not a perfect game, but I felt it captured the spirit of the war the best. I think for ACW there are board games better than PC games but for a PC game I think it's held up the best.

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 31
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/13/2021 1:13:08 AM   
Aurelian

quote:

quote:

quote:

A remake of AGEOD Civil War 2 in their new engine would be sweet. That was their best game. I know Grand Tactician just came out of Early Access but IMO it still can't touch AGEOD CW2.

CW2 has one big problem though. Put *everything* in the east, or you will lose if the other guy does it.

Yea, it's definitely not a perfect game, but I felt it captured the spirit of the war the best. I think for ACW there are board games better than PC games but for a PC game I think it's held up the best.

Oh, I like the game. I never, ever, did that move. But if you don't you will lose. Unless you find a like minded opponent.

Wars of Napoleon, that's another game I had a very bad experience playing with other people. There's an AAR I did of it.

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 9/13/2021 9:22:28 AM >

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 32
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/13/2021 9:09:09 AM   
lecrop

quote:

Wars of Napoleon, that's another game I had a very bad experience playing with other people. There's an AAR I did of it.

WoN is a broken and abandoned game, and It should be withdrawn from sale anywhere.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 33
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/13/2021 11:25:59 AM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: lecrop

quote:

WoN is a broken and abandoned game, and It should be withdrawn from sale anywhere.

I agree with this. I think the last 4-5 AGEOD games in the old engine were pretty weak compared to the earlier ones.

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to lecrop)
Post #: 34
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/13/2021 6:07:37 PM   
gamer78

Old engine was very difficult to programme and to work with. Fan devs also did make games but have difficulties. ACW did see many patches thanks to its community in Americas.
WoN was an ambitious project and 7 days a turn was too much. I've played with 7 players pbem before it was released.

On the other hand Wars of Succeession was good. Great Northern War between Sweden and Rus was interesting to me but not this community perhaps. Conclusion: community work flourish games. It is either American or JAP market in these times...

< Message edited by gamer78 -- 9/13/2021 6:08:43 PM >

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 35
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/14/2021 4:06:24 PM   
Gilmer

How can you refuse anyone named "The Great"?

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 36
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/14/2021 4:23:15 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gilmer

It is very easy. Just ask the Polish people what they thought of Catherine the Great . . .

One of those came to the United States to train some cavalry there . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 37
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/14/2021 8:34:42 PM   
gamer78

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gilmer

Both Charles and Peter were great leaders of their time. From my beta play test pbems (I've re-started many times both in Wars in Succession and Great Northern War scenario) Swedes were a bit strong about Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. In the game there was little time to upgrade Streltsy militia. There is also Rus&Ottoman phase in Prut river campaign(1710-11) that could end Peter's reforms (not implemented in game). Again if it was about ACW it would have more commnunity help. It would be a great game. But still very glad Ageod did make a game about it.

< Message edited by gamer78 -- 9/14/2021 8:39:54 PM >

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 38
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/23/2021 4:22:18 AM   
JacobTheGreat

Crown of glory is great, as is Forge of Freedom but one thing I really like with FOG 2 is there field battles (I am hoping sieges come in Medieval at some point) but it's easy to get into FOG 2. I would like a map in FOG 2 (Empires helped) but I still enjoy the campaigns and stuff because it's just nice and easy. My thought was how you do the 15 battle Campaigns maybe have similar long Campaigns with Napoleonic Nation's.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 39
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/23/2021 4:54:01 PM   
altipueri

I like the Ageod "Napoleon's Campaigns" - in fact I started the 1814 battle for France scenario last night.

This game was disliked by the community because it didn't have a "grand campaign" but Napoleon's series of wars are easily separable. Indeed the Encyclopedia Britannica treats them as such.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/1911_Encyclop%C3%A6dia_Britannica/Napoleonic_Campaigns

(in reply to JacobTheGreat)
Post #: 40
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/23/2021 8:25:21 PM   
ThomasJay

quote:

ORIGINAL: altipueri

I like the Ageod "Napoleon's Campaigns" - in fact I started the 1814 battle for France scenario last night.

This game was disliked by the community because it didn't have a "grand campaign" but Napoleon's series of wars are easily separable. Indeed the Encyclopedia Britannica treats them as such.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/1911_Encyclop%C3%A6dia_Britannica/Napoleonic_Campaigns

I agree, one of my favorite Ageod games in spite of the Russian campaign being a mess. I have a Spanish ulcer campaign going I need to get back to

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 41
RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) - 9/28/2021 2:54:33 AM   
gamer78

Tuna river (or as called "Danube river" for the most known) are used to deploy artillery for Ottomans historically in Balkans with "Kadırga"(rowing ships), similar to French use Rhine river to transport big artillery in War in Succession. And most of the forts were mostly correct about Ottomans positioned in swamps in defensive positioning.

I can understand "Napoleon's Campaigns" easy to play and a smaller game more balanced for a light Napoleonic game. Good to see Ageod have at least tried in Wars of Napoleon.

(in reply to ThomasJay)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Matrix Team READ THIS :) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI