Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to understand:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to understand: Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/6/2021 9:47:56 AM   
Teo41_ITA

Another noob question: how do I distinguish level 1 from level 2 railyards? In the logistics mode I see some hexes with a rail symbol and some numbers, but I guess they only refer to the rail capacity of that hex.

< Message edited by Teo41_ITA -- 9/6/2021 9:48:58 AM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1021
Quick Questions Thread - 9/6/2021 9:55:36 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Teo41_ITA

Another noob question: how do I distinguish level 1 from level 2 railyards? In the logistics mode I see some hexes with a rail symbol and some numbers, but I guess they only refer to the rail capacity of that hex.

you need to play with the factory map mode on (cntrl+l if I recall), that'll show you where the railyards are. Hover over the hex and the size comes up.

so not that easy, but over time you learn where they are (there are not many in the Western USSR and all linked to large population centres)

(in reply to Teo41_ITA)
Post #: 1022
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 9/6/2021 11:06:38 AM   
Teo41_ITA

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

you need to play with the factory map mode on (cntrl+l if I recall), that'll show you where the railyards are. Hover over the hex and the size comes up.

so not that easy, but over time you learn where they are (there are not many in the Western USSR and all linked to large population centres)

Thank you! Yes, in factory map mode I could find them! I have already noted down which ones are West of the Urals

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1023
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 9/6/2021 4:15:43 PM   
erikbengtsson

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Teo41_ITA

I think it's even clearer when you have a unit (on a railroad hex), and chose rail movement. All the level 2-9 railyards are easy to see then (can of course be done together with factory map mode).

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1024
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 9/7/2021 5:12:12 AM   
glenhope

In the metrics screen what is Req short for? What do items with Req measure?

(in reply to erikbengtsson)
Post #: 1025
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/8/2021 8:53:12 PM   
Jack_the_Eagleheart

Hello, finnaly i was able to buy this game :) and i have a couple of questions. I read the manual but as a wite1 player im totally noob on AOGs..

1. I am able to move planes between already occupied airfields. But i cant moving planes to a new empty airbase, how can i do that ?

2. I get high recon losses, how can i preserve my recon planes as soviets? I feel like soviets lack recon in early 41, is it right ? Additionaly should i use every avaliable plane and pilot to inflict fatigue to german pilots while sustaining high losses ?

3. What happens when i call 4 divisions from national reserve to my designated hex, there cant be more then 3 divisions in that hex.

4. When i call support companies from reserve will they all come to STAVKA ?

5. I see that changing division HHQs does not require AP anymore, but sometimes when i change SU HHQs i give admin points, in which cases it requires admin points ?

6. As soviets, when i look at the statistics of artilerry units, i see that rocked artiliery is very effective againts infantry. What is the most effective artillery SU as soviets.

7. Is there a way to designate airfields forbidden while using Air asist ?

8. What is the most challanging and *realistic* game difficulty setting for Computer Axis ? I read some ARRs and im planing to use Moral 120 and rest 110.

Thank you

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1026
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/8/2021 9:22:11 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jack_the_Eagleheart

Hello, finnaly i was able to buy this game :) and i have a couple of questions. I read the manual but as a wite1 player im totally noob on AOGs..

1. I am able to move planes between already occupied airfields. But i cant moving planes to a new empty airbase, how can i do that ?

2. I get high recon losses, how can i preserve my recon planes as soviets? I feel like soviets lack recon in early 41, is it right ? Additionaly should i use every avaliable plane and pilot to inflict fatigue to german pilots while sustaining high losses ?

3. What happens when i call 4 divisions from national reserve to my designated hex, there cant be more then 3 divisions in that hex.

4. When i call support companies from reserve will they all come to STAVKA ?

5. I see that changing division HHQs does not require AP anymore, but sometimes when i change SU HHQs i give admin points, in which cases it requires admin points ?

6. As soviets, when i look at the statistics of artilerry units, i see that rocked artiliery is very effective againts infantry. What is the most effective artillery SU as soviets.

7. Is there a way to designate airfields forbidden while using Air asist ?

8. What is the most challanging and *realistic* game difficulty setting for Computer Axis ? I read some ARRs and im planing to use Moral 120 and rest 110.

Thank you

1 - if you are using the AI assist it will do this for you, it tends to want decent supply at airfields so sometimes build a depot nearby, if you are doing it manually, its the same click and drop routine

2 - it happens, both sides start 1941 with lots of recon planes and run out by 1942, accept that the best you will get is some idea where the enemy is

3 - adjacent hex, usually on a railroad if possible

4 - yes

5 - there is a table in the manual, check out those rules

6 - bigger is better BUT you have a shortage of heavy artillery up to 1944 so you have to use what you have (ie the 76mm stuff)

7 - no

8 - be careful. Once you have a basic grasp I'd say the AI should go to 110. At 120 it gains extra disruptions in combat, Read the sections in the player's notes as to how the AI behaves

(in reply to Jack_the_Eagleheart)
Post #: 1027
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/8/2021 9:29:21 PM   
Jack_the_Eagleheart

Very thank you for your answers!

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1028
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/14/2021 12:49:39 PM   
pookiebear

Guys how do i use airborne units? I have the geeman airlansing siv sitting close to a ju transport plane unit but i dont get the option for airborne

Also can the germans do amphibious landing or they dont get the hq required for this?

Also when transporting units..why is the loading cost so high compared to transport capacity of the junkers transport planes..how i increase their tranaport capacities

(in reply to Jack_the_Eagleheart)
Post #: 1029
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/14/2021 12:59:26 PM   
pookiebear

Also does naval interdiction stop troops from leaving from enemy ports?
Do i need only +2 interdiction more then the enemy in the hexes blocking the port?

(in reply to pookiebear)
Post #: 1030
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/14/2021 1:13:13 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: pookiebear

Guys how do i use airborne units? I have the geeman airlansing siv sitting close to a ju transport plane unit but i dont get the option for airborne

Also can the germans do amphibious landing or they dont get the hq required for this?

Also when transporting units..why is the loading cost so high compared to transport capacity of the junkers transport planes..how i increase their tranaport capacities

23.9.1 - "Only brigade or smaller units may drop."

24.6.1 - "Amphibious invasions may be initiated by Soviet Amphibious HQ units (21.11.1) in the Black Sea region
using combat units to invade clear, woods, and city terrain hexes."

You can't increase transport capacity of a given plane, sometimes more than one gives you the means to move or airdrop a unit but see 22.5

quote:

Also does naval interdiction stop troops from leaving from enemy ports?
Do i need only +2 interdiction more then the enemy in the hexes blocking the port?

No, units can move through any level of naval intediction, just they take heavy losses doing so

to gain control of a sea hex you need a level of interdiction 2 more than your opponent, supply cannot then be traced through that hex, if a port cannot trace a supply line at all then its isolated

(in reply to pookiebear)
Post #: 1031
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/14/2021 1:52:50 PM   
pookiebear

Can a unit move through enemy controlled hexes? If interdiction got 2 more then the enemy i control the hex but u just said they can move through any interdiction

Whats the point of controlling sea hexes? Then
It doesnt seem its much use interdicting soviet ports on the baltic unless encircled

How should i keep my sea bombers busy each week

Also i tried setting airborne with soviet airborne brigade ...all it does is 'set airdrop destination hex'

< Message edited by pookiebear -- 9/14/2021 2:05:58 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1032
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/14/2021 1:53:42 PM   
pookiebear

Is it ever practical to move units by air

The costs / capacity seems completely unreachable

Also is there any point in strategic bombing on railyards and ports...does it destroy supplies? Other then damaging ofcourse

Sorry for the many questions..im starting a new campaign

< Message edited by pookiebear -- 9/14/2021 2:09:58 PM >

(in reply to pookiebear)
Post #: 1033
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/14/2021 2:14:29 PM   
loki100

quote:

Can a unit move through enemy controlled hexes? If interdiction got 2 more then the enemy i control the hex but u just said they can move through any interdiction

Whats the point of controlling sea hexes? Then
It doesnt seem its much use interdicting soviet ports on the baltic unless encircled

How should i keep my sea bombers busy each week

Also i tried setting airborne with soviet airborne brigade ...all it does is 'set airdrop destination hex'

read section 22.5 of the manual on the steps to execute an paratroop drop, you set a target and then execute the mission usually a couple of turns later

interdicting/isolating ports is indeed very useful as the units there become isolated, you can't stop naval movement as such but high interdiction makes it very costly.

your sea bombers shouldn't be busy each week - they are a rare and hard to replace asset. So save them for the operations where you really need them

quote:

Is it ever practical to move units by air

The costs / capacity seems completely unreachable

Also is there any point in strategic bombing on railyards and ports...does it destroy supplies? Other then damaging ofcourse

Sorry for the many questions..im starting a new campaign

its difficult by design. Neither side had the ready air capacity for unit air lifts and mostly used their transport assets for supply and movement of individuals. There is nothing like the Allies' ability to airlift entire divisions

yes railyard and port bombing destroys supplies but the main value is to reduce the value of the depot and the rail stock - whether its worth the inevitable losses is a difficult question

(in reply to pookiebear)
Post #: 1034
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/14/2021 3:42:13 PM   
pookiebear

Thanks u cleared alot of thingsup

But i just cant seem to get airborne drops working... i have a russian airborne brigade sitting on an airport but when i do f9-airborne

No options ...the window remains empty, im trying to click everywhere but nothing happens
Also the brigade has 200smp and 100 combat points..so confused

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1035
Quick Questions Thread - 9/14/2021 4:39:42 PM   
Darojax

quote:

Thanks u cleared alot of thingsup

But i just cant seem to get airborne drops working... i have a russian airborne brigade sitting on an airport but when i do f9-airborne

No options ...the window remains empty, im trying to click everywhere but nothing happens
Also the brigade has 200smp and 100 combat points..so confused

Do you have a ready air transport group at the airfield?

(in reply to pookiebear)
Post #: 1036
Partisan Interdiction - 9/16/2021 3:18:05 AM   
Hardradi

EDIT: Found it.

< Message edited by Hardradi -- 9/16/2021 5:16:59 AM >

(in reply to Darojax)
Post #: 1037
RE: Partisan Interdiction - 9/16/2021 4:33:38 AM   
laagamer

So, just started. New player.

I'm 77 pages into the manual, just sitting with an open Intro 1 scenario to test out what I read.

It says press "8" to see supply connections. It doesn't seem to do anything at all? Do I have to be beyond turn 1?

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 1038
RE: Partisan Interdiction - 9/16/2021 4:34:16 AM   
laagamer

Follow up: Is there a Discord like there is for Shadow Empire?

(in reply to laagamer)
Post #: 1039
Quick Question Thread - 9/16/2021 7:01:58 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: laagamer

I'm 77 pages into the manual, just sitting with an open Intro 1 scenario to test out what I read.

It says press "8" to see supply connections. It doesn't seem to do anything at all? Do I have to be beyond turn 1?

no it should produce a series of red, blue and white lines such as the image on p. 131 of the manual, basically shows you schematically how your supply net functions

(in reply to laagamer)
Post #: 1040
Railway Bombing - 9/16/2021 7:49:02 AM   
Hardradi

I was testing out bombing railways and noticed a discrepancy between the results on the Air Execution Phase Summary screen and the on map battle results. They are consistently different by a factor of around 4. I am not sure why this would be, also I cannae see a reference to it in the manual. Is this something to do with the rail interdiction lasting more than one turn (I think it might be 4 or 5)?

< Message edited by Hardradi -- 9/16/2021 8:12:47 AM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1041
RE: Quick Question Thread - 9/16/2021 1:44:37 PM   
laagamer

Thank you for the response, but sadly as I stated earlier, it does not.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1042
RE: Partisan Interdiction - 9/16/2021 2:08:39 PM   
Sammy5IsAlive

quote:

Yep it will only show once you reach T2 and have had a logistics phase and freight has moved.

(in reply to laagamer)
Post #: 1043
RE: Partisan Interdiction - 9/16/2021 3:02:25 PM   
Beethoven1

If Soviets lose Oranienbaum, do they retreat back to Kronstadt and/or Leningrad, or are the divisions simply destroyed? i.e. if you know you are going to lose Oranienbaum because Germany keeps attacking it and lowering the fort level, do you have to abandon it to save any units there?

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 1044
RE: Partisan Interdiction - 9/16/2021 3:59:14 PM   
Beethoven1

Is there any way to return railroad construction brigades to NKPS rail construction units for the Soviets? I moved the support units out, thinking it was better for them to be able to auto repair the rails, and now they can't repair rails at all???

Here I have an NKPS where I removed the RR construction brigades, and there is no button to click to repair the rail.

I thought that it just reduced how much you could repair, not stopped you repairing altogether? Kinda messes things up if I can't repair now and there is no way to reverse it (and sigh, it is a server game, so couldn't reload an old save to fix, although I did it a few turns ago anyway and only just started trying to use it for rail repair. Earlier I was using it for a super depot).

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 1045
RE: Partisan Interdiction - 9/16/2021 4:43:14 PM   
Jango32

It's been impossible to assign SUs to FBD/NKPS units since release.

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 1046
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 9/16/2021 5:09:29 PM   
Zebtucker12

What is the best altitude for level bombers?

(in reply to Teo41_ITA)
Post #: 1047
RE: Partisan Interdiction - 9/16/2021 7:36:10 PM   
Darojax

quote:

Follow up: Is there a Discord like there is for Shadow Empire?

The Hex server is where most WitE2 discord discussions take place I believe, but it's not an official server. Hope it's OK to post this here! (If not I apologize in advance)

https://discord.gg/496d5dhp

(in reply to laagamer)
Post #: 1048
RE: Partisan Interdiction - 9/17/2021 12:00:27 AM   
FriedrichII

If I remember correctly there had been a bug so that the AI could teleport units to form a line at difficult level 100.
Does this bug still exist?

I did not play this great game for several month and also did not read the forum.

I would like to start a new campaign, but the AI will crush me if they still can teleport at normal difficult level, because I am a noob gamer.

(in reply to Darojax)
Post #: 1049
Naval Interdiction - 9/17/2021 12:36:59 AM   
Hardradi

When I add up my naval interdiction values on a given hex, I get a total of +324. Looking at the hex with Show Interdiction Levels option on I see 2 for the hex. I hover over the hex and it says 23.

I understand that the 2 is 1/10 of the 23 but how does the 23 relate to the actual naval interdiction values accumulated of +324?

< Message edited by Hardradi -- 9/17/2021 12:37:16 AM >

(in reply to FriedrichII)
Post #: 1050
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to understand: Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI