Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Take cities or not?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Take cities or not? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Take cities or not? - 9/15/2021 11:59:03 AM   
fibiger15

When playing as the Axis.
Your nearly in winter´41.
You should start digging in.
So my question is.Is it worthwhile to take a city ( In my case Kursk/Karkov/Orel), when there is no major gain
in manpower loss to the russians(good encirclement).
And you know you maybe only able to hold the city a few weeks before the russian buldozer called winter offensive drives you out.
I mean is there a upside to captuering without being to hold it.For example the damage the city takes(depots,rail,factories) when being captured.
Hope this question makes sense.

Post #: 1
RE: Take cities or not? - 9/15/2021 3:49:55 PM   
carlkay58

This is one of those "who knows?" questions. On the one hand if you take it you do damage to the facilities and (probably most important) the manpower center so the Soviets will not get as much manpower from it as they would if you did not take it. On the other hand you will probably end up losing some VPs because of it all. If it is one of the major Soviet manpower centers, I would say take it and you would be ahead but the answer really is 'who knows?'

(in reply to fibiger15)
Post #: 2
RE: Take cities or not? - 9/15/2021 5:32:53 PM   
AlbertN

There should not even be this question in the game.
If the Germans can grab Orel in '41 they should. No matter if they are to lose it or not.

The change I suggested is pretty simple - VP Bonuses for On Map Objectives are awarded only to the side with the initiative.

To answer the question - VPs are anyhow a final meter of judgement. Manpower provided by the City is something perpetual.
Take the City.

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 3
RE: Take cities or not? - 9/16/2021 8:29:30 AM   
hei1

Beside VP calculations (and grabbing MP, railyards, etc): if you want to defend somewhere in winter, cities are a good location in my opinion. They help building fortifications and offer a warm home for the Pz on blizzard (I hope this is still true in wite2?)

--- it's not a bug, it's a feature ---

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Take cities or not? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI