Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rivers- Thawing and flooding

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Rivers- Thawing and flooding Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rivers- Thawing and flooding - 9/20/2021 2:44:02 AM   
kahta

I've watched the river freezing/thawing with quite a bit of interest in my alternative history scenario. I feel like there could be some improvements made to the river freeze/thaw cycles that would help with some of the realism. I had the pleasure of living close to a river in a zone 4a climate, which is where some of my observations come from.

1) Once the thaw starts, rivers should reach stage 7 (largest MP penalty) for the duration of the thaw, which I think is supposed to be reflective of conditions which are difficult to determine including ice dams, impact of ice on temporary bridges, etc. In my experience, once the thaw starts, there's no going back- the ice won't be safe again.

2) There ought to be a 1-2 turn period at the end of the thaw where the river is impassable to reflect the flooding. This happens pretty much when the temperature is above freezing consistently, but not all the snow has melted.

What do other people think?

Post #: 1
RE: Rivers- Thawing and flooding - 9/20/2021 11:34:25 AM   
Niedowidek_slith

Sounds like a great idea
+1

(in reply to kahta)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Rivers- Thawing and flooding Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI