Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bottleneck Between Hexes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Bottleneck Between Hexes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bottleneck Between Hexes - 9/20/2021 8:29:21 PM   
ShadowVillage

I have two hexes with ample logistics points remaining (1500 in one and 1600 in the other). They're both able to ship resources to other, adjacent hexes, but the game is showing a bottleneck/black line between the two hexes and resources can't move between them. Why is this and what can I do to fix it when both hexes have lots of logistics already?

The forum won't let me upload an image, unfortunately.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Bottleneck Between Hexes - 9/20/2021 9:50:09 PM   
DasTactic

Probably really would need to see the specific situation. A black line means that all logistics have been used crossing the border of the two hexes. There are a lot of reasons that the logistics may not get through. Also double-check that you are looking at the Current Logistics points rather than the Starting Logistics so you can see what's left. If that looks OK, use the Traffic tool to see where the flow of logistics is going. If logistics doesn't flow across that hex make sure you haven't blocked the road at that point and that the road/rail exists across the two hexes.

(in reply to ShadowVillage)
Post #: 2
RE: Bottleneck Between Hexes - 9/20/2021 10:11:03 PM   
ShadowVillage

I am looking at current points, the green line. There are points left in both hexes. There are no traffic signs blocking points from moving between the hexes, and in fact some points do move between them, but they stop before all points are used up.

Initially, the hex to the left has 10,627 and the one to the right 9,806.

The one on the left uses 9,128, but only 971 of that goes left/west, the rest goes to where there's ultimately a bottleneck. The one on the right uses 8,157, which are split evenly between going north and going northeast.

What I don't get is why there are points left in both hexes, but no more movement is allowed. I tried again to attach an image.

Thanks for offering help.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 3
RE: Bottleneck Between Hexes - 9/20/2021 10:50:30 PM   
Maerchen

You should block all but pull points to Elko for starters, it seems to me as thousands of points go to a single asset. Maybe you clicked the wrong traffic sign button to the north?

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

Post #: 4
RE: Bottleneck Between Hexes - 9/20/2021 10:58:11 PM   
ShadowVillage

Elko is a source of logistics points. It has a level IV truck station and a level II train station. Points generated there flow out of Elko, into Flint, then onwards. I am blocking points from going north out of Flint because they're not needed in Elko. I seem once again blocked from posting images, but it seems an image was attached. Thanks for your comment.

In Flint
Initial = 10,627
Used = 9,128
Current = 1,499

Northeast of Flint
Initial = 9,806
Used = 8,157
Current = 1,649

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ShadowVillage -- 9/20/2021 10:59:01 PM >

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 5
RE: Bottleneck Between Hexes - 9/21/2021 8:56:00 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShadowVillage

I am looking at current points, the green line. There are points left in both hexes. There are no traffic signs blocking points from moving between the hexes, and in fact some points do move between them, but they stop before all points are used up.

Initially, the hex to the left has 10,627 and the one to the right 9,806.

The one on the left uses 9,128, but only 971 of that goes left/west, the rest goes to where there's ultimately a bottleneck. The one on the right uses 8,157, which are split evenly between going north and going northeast.

What I don't get is why there are points left in both hexes, but no more movement is allowed. I tried again to attach an image.

Thanks for offering help.

However the points were split up, the points between Flint and the Hex North/East of flint were ussed up.

Given taht there are 9312 points comming out of Elko but only 544 are leaving Flints hex, it is save to say you are using up something around 8000 points.

Additional Points comming in from the North, but those are already trailing off. Those are propably the only reason this network has survived this far.

Note that this whole logistics system looks seriously miss designed. Like, why is the big T4 Truckstaiton and hte Train Station not inside the city?
If this was a highspeed rail I might understand, but a Truck station?
Why is there a split 1 Hex outside the city?

Post #: 6
RE: Bottleneck Between Hexes - 9/21/2021 11:33:48 AM   
ShadowVillage

The part I'm not understanding is how there can be points available in Flint and in the hex NW of Flint, but there is no transport between the two hexes.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
RE: Bottleneck Between Hexes - 9/21/2021 2:44:38 PM   
DasTactic

Is there also a truck and/or rail station inside Flint? The game has changed now and logistic assets can nerf themselves when they meet up. If you look at the traffic output from Flint but isolate the output to only show the results from Elko it should display an amount that comes in from the North but then splits up to move to the North East and North West. As zgrssd says, it looks like you are losing around 8000 points in Flint if only 500 points end up being sent out along the tracks.

Post #: 8
RE: Bottleneck Between Hexes - 9/21/2021 4:44:53 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShadowVillage

The part I'm not understanding is how there can be points available in Flint and in the hex NW of Flint, but there is no transport between the two hexes.

Some of the the Logistics is comming in from the north, but it is already trailing off:
They only become less as they move and split across the screenshoot.

And there is propably more comming in from the east and the west, throwing even more wrenches into trying to predict how this is build.

That part between Flint and the crossing is simply the first one that ran out of Logistics points. Nothing more, nothing less.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 9/21/2021 4:48:10 PM >

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Bottleneck Between Hexes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI