Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] Map not loading

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Map not loading Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] Map not loading - 9/22/2021 9:36:53 PM   
LMychajluk

On my main PC, for a while now, the map will not load (even w/ a new scenario). I get the UI elements, but the map is just a white box w/ a red 'X' in it. I thought it was a video driver issue when it first happened, but I've updated the nVidia drivers a few times since and it's still a problem.

I've tried validating and full re-install (via Steam), and re-setting Window positions in game and selecting different layers for the map view, and just toggling some of the display options, but no change.

My PC is an i7-8700k w/64GB RAM, a RTX2080Ti graphics card, and a Samsung 970 Pro SSD as the OS drive w/ an Optane-accelerated physical HD as a secondary drive. I have 2 x 3480x1600 displays and a 3rd 1080p display. All latest windows and video drivers. No other graphics issues to speak of in any other game or app. DirectX diags shows no problems found.

Anyone see this before? Any thoughts on how to fix?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 11/4/2021 12:27:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Map not loading - 9/22/2021 10:10:18 PM   
thewood1

Its usually a graphics issue or it can't find the map files. Have you moved any of the folders recently?

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to LMychajluk)
Post #: 2
RE: Map not loading - 9/23/2021 4:27:42 AM   
LMychajluk

I haven't moved anything that I recall. When I installed Steam for the first time (~3 years ago when I built the PC), I configured my Games library to be on my larger Data Drive, and not C:. All my Steam games run from this drive w/o issue, and even CMO worked for a while. But wouldn't the validation and/or re-install put the files back in the right dir anyway? I didn't see anything in the log file either about not finding any map files. One day a few months ago it started doing this, and hasn't worked since...

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Map not loading - 9/23/2021 4:02:16 PM   
LMychajluk

FYI, I went through all the settings for high DPI from the pinned thread, as well as the Steam settings, and it didn't make any difference. I ran the 4Kfix.exe, and it reported that I'm configured properly. No errors in the ExceptionLog.txt, either. Not sure what else to try?

(in reply to LMychajluk)
Post #: 4
RE: Map not loading - 9/23/2021 5:16:29 PM   
thewood1

The only other suggestion I have is run through some of the prerequisite installers again.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to LMychajluk)
Post #: 5
RE: Map not loading - 9/23/2021 7:39:42 PM   
LMychajluk

OK. maybe something new or something I didn't notice earlier... In the DirectX Diag log, I noticed some errors referencing the Command.exe and the RTSSHooks.dll, as well as wpfgfx_v0400.dll.

Googling RTSSHooks.dll, I found that it was a something used by MSI Afterburner. I also noticed there's a pinned post about 'Nahimic for MSI Users...', which dates back to 2015 and way pre-CMO, so I didn't give it much thought at first. I don't know what Nihimic is, and the links in the pinned post don't seem to go to anything relevant, but I am running MSI Afterburner, so for giggles, I closed MSI Afterburner and lo and behold, the maps are now appearing in CMO!

The odd thing is, I only recently installed MSI Afterburner, but have been having trouble w/ CMO for a few months (I originally thought it may have been a bug in the Windows Spring update...).

I'm attaching the DXDiag.log for reference, in case there's something in there that may help Support squash this bug.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Map not loading - 9/23/2021 7:50:45 PM   
thewood1

The comment applies to CMO and CMNAO. CMO is basically an upgrade of CMNAO with an updated interface. Since its the same engine, you should definitely remove nihimic. Just like a bunch of other games. The third party sound managers and overlays can cause issues.

I have an MSI and the first thing I did was remove nihimic. It's a common issue amongst a bunch of games. Just google nihimic issues with games.

(in reply to LMychajluk)
Post #: 7
RE: Map not loading - 11/4/2021 12:27:09 PM   
Dimitris

This has been resolved with v1.04.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Map not loading Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI