Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem of Colonies not receiving any caslon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Problem of Colonies not receiving any caslon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem of Colonies not receiving any caslon - 9/2/2021 12:03:25 PM   
Amoebanzai

In my latest run of DWU, I noticed two of my earliest colonies not receiving any caslon, even with caslon gas mining station in their star systems full of caslon. Hence there was constant yellow warnings of shortage of critical resources, which in turn hampered their development.

These two planets were already established colonies for some years, all other resources are well stockpiled. Somehow, caslon storage was always zero.

Anyone else encountered same weird stories? any fix?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Problem of Colonies not receiving any caslon - 9/10/2021 11:19:40 AM   
Hattori Hanzo

Just built a "bare bones" Micro Space Port on each one of your new colonies to avoid that annoying Caslon shortage

(in reply to Amoebanzai)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem of Colonies not receiving any caslon - 9/10/2021 3:58:02 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

Until you get your empire more fully developed only homeworld should sport a large space port. Everything else can get by easily with a small space port designed for the economic and medical bonus with minimal everything else though you may want to upgrade two of them to barebones medium ports for the research bonus. Also if you have a large private and military fleet then its going to eat into your caslon pretty hard meaning there might not be enough left over after refuels to start a stockpile. Have you tried securing more caslon sources?

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem of Colonies not receiving any caslon - 9/23/2021 1:55:16 PM   
Amoebanzai

At least one planet locates in the same system with a caslon gas mining station full of caslon stock. Thats why i started wondering.

To avoid Construction ships not picking up sufficient materials before setting out and later crying for more annoyingly, I tend to build limited numbers of spaceports.

(in reply to SirHoraceHarkness)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem of Colonies not receiving any caslon - 9/23/2021 7:31:29 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

Dunno then. It's normal for the AI to go a bit senile when it comes to distributing resources even early game at times. Bacon Mod cleans most of that up though its a bit of a learning curve to get used to all the new functions it adds. But this type of snafu is certainly one it solves. Devs have promised the new games AI will be far more reliable and consistent.

(in reply to Amoebanzai)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem of Colonies not receiving any caslon - 9/23/2021 10:49:25 PM   
Retreat1970

You need a spaceport on a colony if you want a colony to stockpile resources. A spaceport says, "we're building here we need stuff". Every time a freighter or whatever docks at a planet it will refuel if it can. Hence 0 caslon but other resources stocked. As for constructor behavior, yes it's annoying since they go to the nearest spaceport to acquire resources before heading out and if there isn't enough they still go out. The game is great at getting stuff to constructors eventually but it is annoying none the less.

< Message edited by Retreat1970 -- 9/25/2021 4:03:55 AM >

(in reply to SirHoraceHarkness)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem of Colonies not receiving any caslon - 9/23/2021 11:42:48 PM   
Siddham

This is why I build a space port on every colony - generally just a bare bones one - to ensure widespread distribution of resources
Also AFAIK every time a freighter delivers resources it pays a tax; so keeping the private sector busy distributing resources adds to bonus income
Also the more space ports you have the more freighters the private sector builds & these are built & retrofitted in your SPs thus bringing even more revenue

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Problem of Colonies not receiving any caslon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI