Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Public Beta Feedback >> PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/20/2006 11:21:20 PM   
puresimmer

Please note that this is not an official release update and if you would like to try it, it is provided "as is" and with no guarantees. Feel free to stay with the release version and wait for the official update if you prefer to play it safe.

OK, with the official 1.10 patch coming this week, I have decided to release a public beta of that patch. Again its a beta patch, not the official one so those of you that prefer to play it safe should wait for the official version. That said, it should be VERY stable, but use at your own risk. I'd really appreciate as many people as possible banging on it. There are some tempting new features in there too (ahem...expansion...ahem).

This is the complete patch and I will only be fixing reproducible crash bugs over the next day or two. Any other issue will have to wait.

Please discuss in the beta forum ONLY. Again this is not an official release.

Download the 1.02 BETA Patch (15mb)

PS 2007 v1.02 Beta Patch Notes

• New: Full expansion support! Expand in the off season from 2-36 additional teams, control where the teams hail from and full ability to set league and division realignment. NOTE: For associations created before this option was available, I have added an "[x]Expansion Possible" check box to the "Options and Utilities" dialog. Simply access that dialog, check the option and then at the end of your next off season you will be prompted if you want to expand.

• New: Now displaying batter label at the plate on the PSPNCast

• Lost Feature Returns: Next/Previous links on player card to allow for easy navigation of your players or players in a given list. Note when you open a player card from a sorted/filtered list or grid, when you are navigating via prev/next it is in the context of that list. This can be very useful when applying custom filters and sorting on the "players" page and looking for some talent.

• New: Added option to incrementally build Almanac, this will avoid building season pages that have already been previously written. Also added an option to force a full rebuild.

• Lost Feature Returns: Right click popup menu is back for player links! Please let me know if you hit any stability issues on this.

• Tweak: AddIns Menu is disabled during the initial draft.

• Tweak: Unattended autoplay no longer auto-updates the alamanac during the off season. The user is now prompted to update it when they visit the almanac

• Tweak: After the initial association draft, the AI wasn't fully evaluating talent on a per-team basis until after spring training. This had no real impact except that the lineups and majors/minors would look a little suspect until after the spring (at which time the AI would kick in and re-organize teh roster more appropriately) This now happens before and after the spring, with any post-spring tweaks being based on players having an awful or great spring.

• Tweak: No longer requiring that lineups and rotations be valid at the "finalize rosters" phase of the off season. The only requirement now is that the team has the correct number of players.

• Fix: If the user opened the "Options and utilities" dialog then all sound would be cut off until the game was re-started

• Fix: Crash when accessing the short list if the short list had minor league players on it

• Fix: The Almanac was not respecting non (1-100) ratings scales

• Fix: Crash when using the "Compact Database" option from the "Options and Utilities" dialog if using a template association that had not completed any seasons.

• Fix: The Almanac was incorrectly reporting Major league debut age

• Fix: Crash When opening a player card from the minor league screen, and then opening another player card from the first one that was opened (via the transaction history for example)

• Fix: Error 94 that would sometimes occur on the trade dialog with associations converted from PureSim 2005.

• Fix: Fixed "no current record" error in almanac when using associaitons created with PS 2005 that previously had expanded

• Fix: Fixed error 76 that would happen if a user copied all files from their old PS 2005 "faces" folder (as opposed to just the jpgs). PureSim will now detect this case and force the photocache to be rebuilt

• Fix: Users can now access the statistics->export option before the draft, so files can be exported out to excel for analysis before drafting

• Fix: If the user used the [M]ore dialog to select a pitchout the game would crash

• Fix: Multiple additional issues around genrating the almanac when using associaitons created with PS 2005

• Fix: If a player played on more than one team in a given season it was double counting the years of services listed on the almanac player card

• Fix: In rare cases players were coming off the DL too early

• Fix: Error 9 in Top 25 young hitters add-in

• Fix: Duplicate players in Top 25 young hitters add-in

• Fix: If using the included template association with no human-owned teams you were only able to play one season

• Cosmetic: Fixed typos on various screens.

• Cosmetic: "Please Wait" screen was being clipped on the player card...

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/22/2006 4:31:04 AM   
BillT

I keep getting File Not Found when trying to download this. anywhere else I could download it?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/22/2006 8:31:31 AM   
PadresFan104

Shaun - just tried to download the patch, getting a file not found error.

Al

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/22/2006 4:30:09 PM   
motnahp

I'll echo the last two posts. I'm using 1.01 beta now and all I seem to be lacking are the "right click" and "previous/next" functions. I think I'll wait until the official release + a few days.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 4
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/23/2006 8:18:51 PM   
Tanaka

Anyone else have a copy of this as the link doesnt work?

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 5
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/24/2006 3:48:21 PM   
motnahp

The link is still not working, so I'll stick with my original thought and wait for the public release of the next version/patch + a few days.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 6
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/26/2006 10:39:58 PM   
rmayer32

By Chance will this patch allow us to maintain 3 or 4 division formats after expansion instead of going back to only 2 divisions per league?

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 7
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/29/2007 5:13:57 AM   
galaril

Link not working.

(in reply to rmayer32)
Post #: 8
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/29/2007 5:44:43 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: galaril

Link not working.

I'm very confused with your reply. If you bought the game, why would you need this? the latest version of the CE is available here :

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1420849

The basic game is still a for sale version. You are basically buying a license for the CE upgrades.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 5/29/2007 5:50:13 AM >

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 9
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/29/2007 6:05:23 PM   
galaril

I thought this was the next patch but in beta?

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 10
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/29/2007 7:19:24 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

galaril,

The current, Matrix Games-supported version is v1.51 for PureSim 2007. Since then, the creator of PureSim has released independent "patches" to that final product. These patches aren't officially supported by Matrix Games, but as they were developed by Shaun, you can rest easy with them. These patches have evolved the game into a Community Edition, thus the CE abbreviation for them. The current CE version is CE 5.

I hope that helps.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 11
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/29/2007 10:11:35 PM   
galaril

Thanks.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 12
RE: PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released - 5/24/2011 2:59:36 AM   
sallyliao

I keep getting File Not Found when trying to download this.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 13
RE: make money by working online - 9/25/2021 11:03:11 AM   
itechmythra

Make money by working online by watching ads, filling out surveys, playing games, writing comments, typing texts, answering questions, completing offers and more.

(in reply to sallyliao)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Public Beta Feedback >> PS 2007 Public Beta v1.02 Released Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI