Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New player. How do I win The Road to Minsk? Please and thank you.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> New player. How do I win The Road to Minsk? Please and thank you. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New player. How do I win The Road to Minsk? Please and ... - 9/21/2021 2:01:48 AM   
laagamer

I can't even seem to reach the back cities.
Post #: 1
RE: New player. How do I win The Road to Minsk? Please ... - 9/21/2021 6:14:36 AM   
loki100

Key to winning the scenario is to take Minsk on T1 and minimise your losses. In combination that will get you the win.

In the campaign, the key tasks for AGC are Minsk on 1 and a firm grip on the Bialystok pocket, so the scenario is a way to explore that. Once you have those steps clear, then you can be creative, in particular elements of PG3 can push on over the Berezina on T1.

The shifting MP cost as the turn progresses and you move further east make it unlikely you can do much more.

For T2 its about securing what you have, starting to reduce the pocket and keeping the Soviets off balance, you should get up to the land bridge and the Dnepr but with a scattered group of Pzrs, you'll struggle with any well defended cities so I wouldn't worry too much about what you actually take.

Key is the VP set up gives you a win for Minsk on T1 and a loss under any other circumstances.

(in reply to laagamer)
Post #: 2
RE: New player. How do I win The Road to Minsk? Please ... - 9/23/2021 2:59:27 AM   
laagamer

Hey, great write up man! Much appreciated.

Despite having a history degree, I know very little about the specific operations of WWII, aside from their names. But, I have noticed a pocket at Bialystok, and I'm definitely going to try and rush Minsk this game! Thank you!

I'll report back when I get the chance, sir!

Just started a new library job, so this game takes me forever to play LOL

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: New player. How do I win The Road to Minsk? Please ... - 9/25/2021 3:40:02 PM   
laagamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

Key to winning the scenario is to take Minsk on T1 and minimise your losses. In combination that will get you the win.

In the campaign, the key tasks for AGC are Minsk on 1 and a firm grip on the Bialystok pocket, so the scenario is a way to explore that. Once you have those steps clear, then you can be creative, in particular elements of PG3 can push on over the Berezina on T1.

The shifting MP cost as the turn progresses and you move further east make it unlikely you can do much more.

For T2 its about securing what you have, starting to reduce the pocket and keeping the Soviets off balance, you should get up to the land bridge and the Dnepr but with a scattered group of Pzrs, you'll struggle with any well defended cities so I wouldn't worry too much about what you actually take.

Key is the VP set up gives you a win for Minsk on T1 and a loss under any other circumstances.

I was able to win a minor victory! Yay! Thank you for the advice! I was able to create a pocket, and take Minsk on turn 1. While I wasn't able to take too much more after that, it was still better than my previous tries!

https://i.imgur.com/ppcZ7wY.png

I've moved on to The Red God of War, because it had the shortest turn timer. I was able to surround Velikiye Luki, but I keep getting my ass kicked everywhere else. I'm unsure how you're supposed to fight the Germans when they have such a MASSSIVE defensive and offensive value advantage. It doesn't seem to make any sense.

< Message edited by laagamer -- 9/25/2021 3:41:50 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> New player. How do I win The Road to Minsk? Please and thank you. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI