Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Helicopters run out of fuel and crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Helicopters run out of fuel and crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Helicopters run out of fuel and crash - 9/25/2021 10:22:47 PM   
nudn1k

Very rarely, Helicopters (Seahawks?)on ASW Missions, based on carriers run out of fuel and crash. For no obvious reason, they refuse to land.
So far i was able to recover them by loading an autosave. It seems that if the heli is not yet in chicken fuel state it will land without problem. If already in chicken state, unassign and RTB'ing manually may help.

Current version is: 1.03 1147.30 /DB488 but happened in earlier versions.

N.
Post #: 1
RE: Helicopters run out of fuel and crash - 9/25/2021 11:35:10 PM   
Kushan04

As stated, please post a save.

(in reply to nudn1k)
Post #: 2
RE: Helicopters run out of fuel and crash - 9/26/2021 12:24:27 AM   
DWReese

I had a similar issue a while back. It was over a year ago.

In my situation, the helos (Ospreys) were returning home, and they had enough fuel to have made it, but the program was set to refuel when the fuel reached a certain level. So, the AI sent them to refuel, prior to heading home. I saw that, and I obviously didn't want them to use up the tanker's fuel, to I told them to RTB instead. They aborted the refuel, and headed to the Amphib, and still had plenty of fuel, but refused to land. They flew around until they crashed into the sea.

Was there an aborted refuel situation in yours? If so, it may be connected.

Or, the refuel had noting to do with it, and there is some other issue going on. Perhaps there was an aborted path issue, or maybe something else. I'm only mentioning it in an effort to try to help you discern what happened to your helos.

Doug

(in reply to nudn1k)
Post #: 3
RE: Helicopters run out of fuel and crash - 9/26/2021 9:49:20 AM   
nudn1k

As i wrote a save and reload fixes the problem, but for what it's worth, here is the save.
Look at Griffin #4 near the Lincoln. It will land without an issue. The only thing you might notice is that it was probably circling above the Lincoln.

@DWReese: No, not a refueling issue because a) Seahawks can't refuel from anyone and b) the Mission is set to refueling not allowed.
And it happend in the middle of the pacific, so no path issue. Thanks for pointing this out.

The only thing I could think of was to request for a warning when an aircraft reaches chicken fuel.

N.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Helicopters run out of fuel and crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI