Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

B5 Reboot is on!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> B5 Reboot is on! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
B5 Reboot is on! - 10/1/2021 1:35:57 PM   
OldSarge

A reboot of Babylon 5 has been rumored for years, but it now looks like it may finally be approaching reality. The best part is that JMS is driving the reboot and has promised a 'from-the-ground-up' reboot. Just in time for DW2.

quote:

To answer all the questions, yes, it’s true, Babylon 5 is in active development as a series for the CW. We have some serious fans over at the network, and they’re eager to see this show happen. I’m hip deep into writing the pilot now, and will be running the series upon pickup.
4:44 PM · Sep 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

if I were creating Babylon 5 today, for the first time, knowing what I now know as a writer, what would it look like? How would it use all the storytelling tools and technological resources available in 2021 that were not on hand then?
4:44 PM · Sep 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

JMS on Twitter

quote:

A new version of the Emmy-winning space opera television series Babylon 5 is in the works. The CW has put in development Babylon 5, described as a “from-the-ground-up reboot” of the critically acclaimed 1990s series, from original series creator J. Michael Straczynski and Warner Bros. Television

Babylon 5 Reboot

< Message edited by OldSarge -- 10/1/2021 1:37:15 PM >

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
Post #: 1
RE: B5 Reboot is on! - 10/1/2021 2:33:25 PM   
RangerJoe

That sounds GREAT!

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 2
RE: B5 Reboot is on! - 10/1/2021 5:27:53 PM   
Kuokkanen

I would have preferred a sequel, or prequel (Babylon 4 anyone?), or spin off instead. Let us hope they don't frak it up as has happened with some other reboots and sequels of late (He-Man).

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 3
RE: B5 Reboot is on! - 10/2/2021 6:25:25 AM   
Rebel Yell

With JMS running it, no way it gets frakked up.

I used to enjoy these forums. So many people that need the green dot now.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 4
RE: B5 Reboot is on! - 10/2/2021 3:42:59 PM   
OldSarge

As with any reboot, there will always be something, different or missing, that might disappoint. When the BSG reboot was first announced and it was disclosed the Starbuck would be played by Katee Sackhoff it set off a firestorm, but they pulled it off with some seriously good writing and story arcs.

Having read some of JMS' thoughts on the reboot and his obvious passion for the B5 Universe, I have high hopes this reboot nails it. Though the roles of G'kar and Delenn are going to be tough to fill, as the original actors set such a high bar.

< Message edited by OldSarge -- 10/2/2021 3:44:43 PM >

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.

(in reply to Rebel Yell)
Post #: 5
RE: B5 Reboot is on! - 10/2/2021 8:55:53 PM   
OldSarge

There have been a number of fresh SF series that have come along, Continuum, Falling Skies, and The Expanse.. The Expanse is set to release its 6th and final season later this year. New SF series have been few and far between though.

SyFy screwed the pooch and let The Expanse go. Fortunately, Amazon picked it up. I don't have Amazon Prime, so I have to catch up when they release the season's DVD, I just picked up S4 and will probably get S5 by November.

Post #: 6
RE: B5 Reboot is on! - 10/2/2021 8:59:40 PM   
Freyr Oakenshield

Don't know what Bablyon 5 is but I'd love a sequel or prequel to Battlestar Galactica...

Of course I mean the 2004-2009 TV series.

< Message edited by Freyr Oakenshield -- 10/2/2021 9:01:38 PM >

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 7
RE: B5 Reboot is on! - 10/2/2021 9:46:52 PM   
OldSarge

Babylon 5 is an epic space opera that begins in the year 2257. Humanity is nearly wiped out by a race known as the Minbari after a botched first contact, humans decided to build a diplomatic station in a neutral part of space, a kind of UN in space.

It was the first SF series to be written as a novel for television, each episode is a kind of chapter of a larger story. There are long character arcs, in some cases these arcs lasted the entire season. There are also movies and books that are part of the B5 canon and help fill in the pieces of the story not covered in the series.

Oh yes, I'm also a fan of the BSG series! I also picked up the BSG Deadlock game and its DLCs, still slogging through the story lines.

< Message edited by OldSarge -- 10/2/2021 9:47:56 PM >

(in reply to Freyr Oakenshield)
Post #: 8
RE: B5 Reboot is on! - 10/3/2021 5:37:08 PM   
Kuokkanen

To add on Babylon 5, physics are more realistic than in general. Right up there with Firefly series. Newton rules!

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 9
RE: B5 Reboot is on! - 10/4/2021 12:10:09 PM   
Rising-Sun

Use to love watching those series, sadly that ol garibaldi (Jerry Doyle) passed away not long ago. I think he was my favorite character in those series and i still have the complete dvd set of B5.

Looking forward to the remake, hopefully they dont ruin it.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> B5 Reboot is on! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote