Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Easy training scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Easy training scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Easy training scenario - 9/27/2021 6:52:38 PM   
lunca

I am a novice and want to learn from a simple scenario. Let’s say, empty Tunisia, only two or three battalions on each side and supply depo + one air units on each side. Is this possible? Anyone knows to do this for me, pls.
Thnx
Post #: 1
RE: Easy training scenario - 9/29/2021 9:09:28 PM   
cfulbright

The Sicily invasion is considered the best Tutorial scenario. No strategic bombing to worry about.

Cary

(in reply to lunca)
Post #: 2
RE: Easy training scenario - 10/2/2021 10:18:28 AM   
loki100

not sure I'd start there. Yes Sicily is self-contained but you have invasions/paras etc.

my best advice to the OP is to take an existing scenario and play it solitaire (take both sides). That way you can self-limit the battlefield, say use the Breakout scenario and only try with the British 2 Army.

quote:

ORIGINAL: lunca

... Is this possible? Anyone knows to do this for me, pls.
Thnx

Even the mosttrivial of scenarios is actually a lot of work, so I doubt anyone is going to put in the time involved just for this. there are plenty of small scale scenarios in the game, you can do as suggested above or use an existing one

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 3
RE: Easy training scenario - 10/2/2021 3:50:48 PM   
lunca

The main problem is that all existing scenarios are too large. I need smaller scenarios to explore the mechanics of the game. I am currently setting up scenarios in Africa at the only one division + support units. I want to find out in detail how it all works together. Army level with many corps and divisions are not suitable for testing. Too much of everything.

Question: if I have just one division and CorpsHQ with some support units in Tunisia. What is next HQ in chain in command? I know that it's the ArmyHq but how do I make it out of the map? In short, I want to set up a complete chain of command and proper supply with as few units as possible in Tunisia. How do I do that?

< Message edited by lunca -- 10/2/2021 9:28:45 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Easy training scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI