Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

QOL improvements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> QOL improvements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
QOL improvements - 9/17/2021 4:39:34 PM   
jubjub

The UI is much improved from WITE, but still could use a lot of work.

One thing I really want implemented are the ability to select multiple units in the CR to perform changes to them. refit, max toe etc. Currently, to make changes, you have to have to find a filter to screen for the units you want to change. A lot of times, this is very unwieldy.

The second thing is the ability to transfer planes from the reserve (and other TB boxes) from the CR. Currently, you have to find the plane you want to transfer in the CR, and then look around on the actual on map box for the plane to transfer it. For example, if I want to transfer an air group from the FE to the SR, I have to first find the plane in the CR and remember the name of the group. Then I have to go back to the map, turn the theater box view on and sift through dozens of air groups to find the one I want (they're not in any sort of order). Once I've found it in the TB, I can finally transfer it. This is a huge pain point that seems like an uncontroversial fix.
Post #: 1
RE: QOL improvements - 9/19/2021 12:39:15 AM   
Chubb

+1 on the CR filter. I was expecting click + something as a multiple select, it's very tedious setting to ready and then filtering. If there is a fast way that I've missed, let's hear it please.

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 2
RE: QOL improvements - 10/3/2021 1:48:47 PM   
MAS

Yes please. For example, as the Soviet player, I filtered the rifle divisions in the Reserves down to the 18 I wanted to transfer to the map - all well and good. But for example, it I then wanted to transfer 9 of them to one location and 9 to another, I had to do them one at a time with lots of clicks, otherwise all 18 would be transferred. It seems like there should be a "select" box on the left of the screen to select the 9 and transfer all at once. Please let me know if I'm missing something, still fairly new to the game. thanks.

(in reply to Chubb)
Post #: 3
RE: QOL improvements - 10/4/2021 7:56:40 PM   
TallBlondJohn

I wish for 2 simple UI things:

- A hot key for rail repair. Ctrl-# seems appropriate! (unless there is one, I've seen YouTubers who seem to have something set up)

- Undo for HQ Auto-assign. Herr Reichsführer SS is not happy that some of his boys are currently under the temporary command of some infantry general non-entity just because they were a hex further away than the rest of the division.

(in reply to MAS)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> QOL improvements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI