Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

support mission validation test question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> support mission validation test question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
support mission validation test question - 10/3/2021 2:05:35 AM   
orca

When creating a support mission a validation test is performed just like in a patrol mission. If the validation fails there is a warning message stating this will cause problems for the AI navigator.

Does the AI actually have problems (as the warning message states) if the unit on a support mission merely goes from point to point as apposed the random within the area as a typical patrol mission?

thanks

< Message edited by orca -- 10/3/2021 2:07:19 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: support mission validation test question - 10/3/2021 12:47:17 PM   
maverick3320

Orca,

Many of my support missions are setup on two points with no issues, if that is what you are asking.

(in reply to orca)
Post #: 2
RE: support mission validation test question - 10/3/2021 1:06:14 PM   
thewood1

I think the only thing you have to worry about is if the loop coordinates are completely misaligned. Its just a guess, but having them all out of a normal sequence might throw a validation error. I have done it both ways, with correct validation and without. But if the ref. point sequence is completely out of whack, you might end up with some weird and unexpected paths in the support unit's looping patrol path.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to maverick3320)
Post #: 3
RE: support mission validation test question - 10/3/2021 7:44:42 PM   
Gunner98

This error started popping up quite a while ago when the mission logic and interface was significantly improved. Until that point I often had support missions with 4 points make an X. Had to go back to a bunch of scenarios and clean them up.

I really don't know the impact is, but I follow the advice of the validation message now, unquestioningly. You can achieve everything you need and still get a valid test so I go with that.

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: support mission validation test question - 10/4/2021 2:15:08 PM   
p1t1o

In my recent experience, the validation error is only relevant to patrol areas, if the waypoints are setup in a repeatable loop, then the warning is irrelevant and the aircraft will follow the waypoints in order. I am building a mission with waypoints that move, and as the scenario progresses, these errors appear when loading a save when the waypoints have moved into an "invalid" orientation, but on investigation, it did not affect the patrol aircraft and they follow the loops just fine.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 5
RE: support mission validation test question - 10/4/2021 4:24:55 PM   
Kushan04

While there is a validation check for support missions, it doesn't matter. Units will follow the RPs in order, no matter if its a valid polygon or not.

As p1t1o pointed out already, it does matter for patrol missions if using the random within area movement setting. However, when using the repeatable loop it will act similar to a support mission; show a validation error but follow the RPs as the are ordered.

(in reply to p1t1o)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> support mission validation test question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI